Chapter 8: Lee Hyerin's New Crush?

The Dancing Partner

“Are you sure you can still hold on?” Hyung Jun sounded worried. His hand was still wrapping Hyerin’s waist and yes, they are still practicing. It’s almost two hours now since they started but Hyerin still doesn’t showing any signs that she wanted to stop.

“Let’s stop.” Hyung Jun insisted.

“No.” Hyerin answered back quickly.

Hyung Jun took a deep breath. “Gosh, you are so stubborn.”

“I’m not stubborn, I’m determined.” Hyerin replied calmly to Hyung Jun’s criticism.

“Yes, you are and you already showed your determination to Taera noona like one hour ago. You saw her face right? She saw what you can do and you’ve proved her wrong. You should really stop now.” Hyung Jun said with a serious tone in his voice.

“10 more minutes.” Hyerin pleaded.

“Aish, fine! But I would definitely tell you ‘I told you so’ if you complained about your foot later.” Hyung Jun stopped talking and continued practicing.

***

“Ouch!” Hyerin shrieked. Her left foot was stinging in pain. She bit her lips to overcome the massive pain but the pain became greater and worse.

“What’s wrong?!” Panic-stricken Hyung Jun asked.

“It’s nothing.” Hyerin said unemotionally, trying to hide the pain.

“That’s it. I’m stopping.” Hyung Jun exclaimed.

“No! We still got like 6 minutes. Please sunbae-nim!” Hyerin begged him.

“Okay, 5 minutes more and we’re stopping! No more practicing after that and whatsoever. Are you clear, Stubborn Hyerin-ssi?” Hyung Jun tried to make himself sounded bossy but Hyerin giggled back.

“Hey, I’m serious here. What are you laughing at?” Hyung Jun laughed too. He thinks his heartbeat rate just increased upon hearing Hyerin’s laughter.

“Nothing.” Hyerin replied, still giggling. “The nickname you gave me- its funny.”

“Sheesh, so you like being called stubborn? Arasso, I’ll call you Stubborn Hyerin from now on.” And they laughed again.

 

MEANWHILE..

“Awww.. Look at those dancing couple.” Hae In pointed at Hyung Jun and Hyerin. Young Saeng looked at where his dancing partner was pointing. “They both were laughing while slow dancing. So sweet.” She added, smiling in amusement.

“They finally ended up getting along sooner that I thought.” He told her. Young Saeng knew he should be happy seeing those dancing partners were getting along together but he cannot deny this funny feeling that was burning inside him.

“Young Saeng oppa, can we be like them too?” Hae In begged. Her eyes were still on that couple. “It would be so lovely, right oppa?” She added.

Young Saeng just smiled back and continued practicing when he suddenly heard a loud thud followed by a faint shriek. Right before his eyes, he could see Hyerin was on the floor, groaning in pain while holding her foot.

He was about to rush towards Hyerin when Hyung Jun suddenly bent over, put his arms below Hyerin’s body and started to carry her in his arms. He then put her gently on the couch, took off her training shoe and take a great look at her swollen foot.

Hyerin could felt her cheeks were burning with embarrassment as all eyes in that particular room were on her and Hyung Jun. She was still embarrassed from the earlier incident where she lost control and fell onto her . And not to mention Hyung Jun’s sudden act when he took her in his arms just like a groom carrying his bride.

“Sunbae-nim, you can STOP studying my foot now.” Hyerin commanded in whispering voice. “Everybody is looking at us.” She added, smiling sweetly at all the persons who were staring at them while trying to assure them that she’s okay, “I’m fine, sunbae-nim. Really, you can get back to your practice now.”

“Aish, this stubborn girl. Just keep quiet!” Hyung Jun barked back. “Look at your ankle; it had become a lot worse than it was yesterday and you’re still saying you’re fine?”

“I know but- OUCH! Hey, it hurts!” Hyerin cried when Hyung Jun exerted a little pressure on her swollen ankle. Hyung Jun just ignored her then turned to face Kyu Jong.

“Kyu Jong-ah!” He called, “Do you still have that ointment your mother gave you? It was for joints swelling right?” He asked him.

“A-ah yes. I think I still have it in my locker. I’ll get it.” Kyu Jong responded unsurely, but dashed off to his locker.

Hyerin sighed and looked at Hyung Jun. “Sunbae-nim, it’s okay. You don’t have to this. I can-”

“Shhh!” He instructed her to keep quiet.

“Here.” Kyu Jong returned after a few seconds, giving Hyung Jun a small bottle. “Ouch, the swelling looks really bad.” He said with a fear look on his face. “Are you sure it doesn’t hurt Hyerin-ssi?” He asked, sitting besides Hyung Jun who was applying the ointment onto her foot.

“Well, it does hurt a little but-“

“Aish, I would die if my foot was swollen like that.” Jung Min broke in, approaching her to get a good look of her foot. He sat besides Kyu Jong, trying to touch Hyerin’s swollen ankle.

“Nah, it wasn’t that bad.” Now it was Hyun Joong leader who’s talking. He approached Hyerin too and sat besides her on the couch. “I remember when my foot swelled last time; it was a lot worse than this. My foot swelled like THIS big!” He showed Hyerin the size of his foot with his hands.

“Pftt, as if!” Jung Min teased back. “He’s lying Hyerin-ssi. Don’t believe him.” He added.

“Yah, I wasn’t lying!” Hyun Joong barked at Jung Min, trying to smack him with a small pillow that was lying on the couch.

“Hey hey, stop it you two!” Young Saeng barged in, snatching the pillow from Hyun Joong’s hand. “We got an injured lady here so if you two want to bicker please go somewhere else.” He said, smiling at Hyerin. She smiled back. “And Hyun Joong, your foot wasn’t THAT big.” He continued, laughing at Hyun Joong’s ridiculous tall tales.

“It wasn’t?” Hyun Joong asked back, looking confused.

“See, I told you Hyerin-ssi.” Jung Min said with a satisfied look on his face.

Hyerin just laughed. But her laughter stopped when she realized that she was completely surrounded by five hot guys known as the SS501; who were busy studying her foot.

“Just great!” She thought to herself, in a sarcastic way. She was relieved though, to know that she wasn’t one of the fans that would faint if they were in her position right now.

She looked from her left. The first guy who was on her left was handsome Hyun Joong sunbae-nim, then nice Young Saeng sunbae-nim, worried Hyung Jun sunbae-nim, helpful Kyu Jong sunbae-nim and funny Jung Min sunbae-nim. She stared at those guys faces for quite a some time, one by one, giving them a nickname that she think will suit them the best.

“Wow, they all are really handsome up close.” She praised silently. “No wonder Mi Young was so crazy about them.” She said, remembering her obsessed friend.

But among of all those guys, she seemed to cannot take her eyes off one guy. It was Hyung Jun who was carefully wrapping her swollen foot with a new bandage.

“He looks so cool.” An inner voice tells her. “I know.” Hyerin agreed. She was still looking at Hyung Jun. “He’s always trying to be so bossy but that only makes him cuter. And the way he carried me just now, the way he told me to shut up, the way he shakes his hair, and the fact that every time he smiles his lips looks so thin and cute that I’d-”

“Aish, Lee Hyerin! What are you thinking? Stop dreaming!” Hyerin scolded herself, shook her head and tried to forget everything that popped into her mind just now.

“Here, all done!” Hyung Jun said to Hyerin, grinning. “I’m good at wrapping bandages, aren’t I?” He added, still smiling.

“Oh no, he’s doing it again! He is smiling with those cute lips! Calm down Hyerin, calm down!” Hyerin took a deep breath.

“Thanks.” She responded shortly, trying to act cool.

“Hey, are you blushing?” Jung Min who noticed Hyerin’s red face pointed that out.

“What- NO!” Hyerin denied. “I’m feeling a little bit hot. M- maybe it’s one of that ointment’s side effects.” She exclaimed, trying her best to cover the embarrassing moment.

“Thank you Hyung Junnie for helping Hyerin-ssi. You‘ve got a really good reflex and can came up with a solution really fast.” Taera said suddenly, praising Hyung Jun. “But don’t you boys think you should give Hyerin-ssi some space? She’s sweating.” Taera added, looking at the boys, asking them to back up a little bit.

“Hyerin-ssi, are you okay?” She asked.

“Y-yes unnie.” Hyerin got up and replied nervously. “I’m sorry, I’ve tried but-”

“What are you saying? You’ve worked hard. And I’m impressed.” Taera said.

“Really?” Hyerin asked back, surprise to hear the words that were coming out from Taera’s mouth.

“Yes! I told myself that you wouldn’t even last for 15 minutes but you’ve proved me way wrong by practicing almost two hours with that foot.” Taera stated. “I should have trusted Mr Hong when he said that you are really talented. Congrats, you’ve earned my trustworthy badge.” She added, smiling to Hyerin.

“Arghh THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU unnie!” Hyerin exclaimed and hugged Taera. “I won’t let you down. I promise!” She said.

Taera let out a small laugh. “I know. But please promise me that you won’t come to practice until your foot had healed completely. I don’t want another chaos here in my practice room.”

“But, what about the new dance steps that I’ll miss?”

“No worries, you’re a great dancer. I know you’ll catch up the moves in short time. Right?”

“RIGHT unnie!” 

 

SS501facts #8

Whenever doing a group photoshoot, Jung Min will tilt his head a little bit .His reason is; “I don’t want to look like a freak standing with the other members since I'm the tallest."