Chapter 7: The Dancing Queen is Back!

The Dancing Partner

Hyung Jun was about to enter the practice room when he heard Taera noona’s loud voice. From her voice he could tell that she was mad. He looked at his watch. He was late about 15 minutes. Taera noona can’t be mad at him. Only Hyun Joong hyung has the honour to be mad at him for being late, except to Young Saeng hyung because of this awkward relationship they’re having.

He took a deep breath and stepped inside. “I’m here!” he greeted everyone. Everyone was there except..

“Yah Kim Hyung Jun! Why are you late?” Hyun Joong stared at him, pretending to be mad when he actually doesn’t. He is their leader after all, and he doesn’t want the members to forget that fact.

“Oh sorry hyung. I needed to feed Choco. It was Kibummie’s turn to feed her today but he’s in Japan right now.” Hyung Jun explained and went over to Hyun Joong. “Here, let me give you a bobo to show you that I’m truly sorry. I promise I won’t be late again.” He put his arms over Hyun Joong’s shoulders and started making kissing faces. “Ahh it’s okay!” Hyun Joong ended up cracking with laughter as he tries to avoid Hyung Jun’s unstoppable kisses. Even the leader of SS501 cannot resist Kim Hyung Jun’s famous aegyo.

“Works everytime!” Hyung Jun said with a laugh. The other members were giggling too seeing the Double HJ couple’s drama.

“So, Hyung Junnie’s here. Only one person is not here yet, guess who?” Taera claimed with a heavy sigh. “I knew I shouldn’t put such high hopes on her.”

“Are you talking about Hyerin, noona?” Hyung Jun who was still hugging Hyun Joong pushed him aside and rushed to Taera.

“Well yes. She’s 20 minutes late now and I don’t expect tardiness from newcomers.” Taera responded as she looked at the clock on the wall.

“Well noona, she can’t come for practice today. She injured her foot.” Hyung Jun explained, hoping Taera would stop being mad at Hyerin.

Young Saeng who was sitting peacefully on the couch looked up at Hyung Jun and Taera. He swore his heart skipped a beat when he heard that Hyerin was injured. “Was she okay?” He wondered to himself. He seemed to cannot get Hyerin out of his mind since the night they danced together. He was hoping to see her since then.

“What? How do you know that? Why didn’t she tell me?” Taera questioned Hyung Jun. All eyes were on Hyung Jun, suspecting he was keeping something from them.

Aigoo our maknae, what have you done to Hyerin-ssi?” Jung Min asked him, in joking tone.

“What? I didn’t-”

“I’m here!” Hyung Jun was cut by a voice at the door. It was Hyerin, who greeted them with a loud bang at the door. She was panting, trying to catch every breath she could. Her face was red, and her cloth was soaked in sweat. Looks like she came all the way here running, or limping.

“You’re late.” Taera argued. “May I know-“

“Yah! Why are you here?” Hyung Jun interrupted Taera’s question. “You shouldn’t be here. You need to rest.” Hyung Jun exclaimed. He sounded really worried AND kinda annoying, at least to Hyerin.

Hyerin ignored him and walked to Taera. Hyung Jun could tell that her foot was still hurting because she was still unable to walk properly. Trying to bear the excruciating pain that was prickling her left foot, she bowed to Taera and expressed her apologise. “Sorry I was late unnie. I missed the bus from my house so I had to walk all the way to the subway.” She explained.

“What’s wrong with your foot?” Taera asked upon seeing the way Hyerin walked, ignoring her explanation.

“I had this little incident yesterday but I assure you I-”

“Go home.” Taera interrupted Hyerin’s explanation.

“What?! No, I can do it.” Hyerin insisted.

“With an injured foot like that? No you can’t. You won’t be able to do anything useful here in such condition so you better head home and get some rest.” Taera commanded.

“But I can do it unnie! Please let me!” Hyerin begged. She wanted to cry her heart out when she was told to go home just like that. But she held her tears and tell herself she don’t want to burst into tears here. At least not in front of these people.

“Okay, prove me wrong if you can.” Taera demanded. “Si Yeon, hit the music. Everyone get your partner now!”

Hyerin smiled. She’ll proof to Taera unnie she can do it. Dancing is her thing and a sprained ankle can’t stop her from doing the thing she’s best at.

Hyung Jun approached her. “Yah, are you crazy?!” he wanted to yell, but he ended up with a whisper. He doesn’t want his voice to interrupt others practicing. Hyerin just smiled back and reached for Hyung Jun’s hands. “What?!” Hyung Jun asked back, shocked by Hyerin’s sudden move. He hope Hyerin doesn’t realize that he’s blushing right now, as the fact that they are holding hands made him a little.. shy.

Hyerin giggled, “You’re my dance partner right? Help me show Taera unnie that I can do this.

One, two, three, LET’S GO!”

 

SS501facts #7

"If I can live once again, I want to be Tom Cruise."  - Hyun Joong.