*~Turn 6~*

The Many Faces Of Love

 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the morning news as I came out from my room. “Good morning Kyuhyun!” I chirped as I gave him a bright smile, “Sorry for waking you up with my racquet last night!”

 

He stared at me as if I had lost my mind as I twirled around in my imaginary ballet dance across the living room into the bathroom. “Good… Good morning…” he said hesitantly as I closed the bathroom door. As I was putting my uniform and towel on the hand bar by the bathtub, I had a sudden urge to prepare breakfast for the boys. Thus, I poked my head out of the bathroom and said, “I’ll prepare breakfast when I come out okay?” Kyuhyun gave me a thumbs-up without looking away from the television.

 

Feeling satisfied, I proceeded to fill up the tub with warm water. The nightmare that I had was already at the back of my mind. When I opened up the supply cabinet to get the bathing gel, I got a shock. It was in total disarray! Bottles were lying on their sides and the boys’ shaving foam bottle was spitting white bubbles whilst lying sprout-down with its cover missing. I stared openmouthed at the clutter in front of me. If not for my good mood, I would have dashed out of the bathroom and killed whoever was responsible. I smiled and shook my head as I straightened out the bottles, and cleaned up the stray shaving foam. I found the cap behind the door. Whoever made the mess must have been in a terrible hurry this morning, and since Kyuhyun was sitting calming outside, it could only be Heechul.

 

“Living by ourselves is really so different from staying at home,” I thought as I stepped into the bathtub, enjoying the warm water. I had moved into the city at the start of the year. I liked the small town that we were staying in, but life had been rather boring. It got even more mediocre when Heechul left for the city three years ago. I mean, what can possibly happen in such a small town besides the occasional squabbles about whose dog pooped in whose backyard or messed up whose garden! Fortunately, our small town did not have its own high school. Therefore, when the time came for me to enter high school, I had the chance to enroll into one that was in the city that Heechul had been at for the past three years.

 

Even though Heechul had been away from home for the past 3 years, he always came back to visit during the school holidays. Over the years, my relationship with him only became better. That is the way Heechul is. Once you walk into his life, there will not be an exit sign. He will make the conscientious effort to keep the relationship going. For instance, when he was away from home, he would call every two or three days and the three of us, Ryeowook, me and him will have a three to four hours phone conference late into the night. Now, even when Ryeowook is the only person left behind in our town, we would still have that long phone conference, just not that often as both of us are rather busy with our lives in the city. However, we still maintain contact via text messages with Ryeowook on the other days that we do not call him so he knows that he is always on our mind.

 

Heechul stays in a rental apartment together with Kyuhyun, who was his schoolmate and club mate in high school. The apartment was rather big, with four rooms and but only one bathroom. The living room was spacious, and even has it own balcony. The kitchen was smaller in comparison, but who needs a big kitchen? When I came into the city to study, I moved in with Heechul. Kyuhyun was concerned initially abut the fact that I was a girl, as it made things a little inconvenient, but Heechul brought up the fact that I could be in charge of the cleaning. Besides, my guess of the main reason is that with one more person living together, the rent that each person had to pay is reduced quite significantly. In reality however, Kyuhyun is the one that pays the most out of the three of us. He insisted that he will be the one to pay for the necessities and various bills, Heechul and I only had to fork out our share of the rental.

 

Actually, I am quite curious as to where Kyuhyun’s money came from. Heechul gets his by his part-time singer job at a local pub at night. As for me, Auntie Yuri remits money over for me to pay for my rent. My pocket money also comes from her. As embarrassed as I was, I did not have the capability to survive without her financial support as I was too busy settling into the new environment to work. However, I had already informed her that after my exams she would only need to provide me with the money to payoff the rental as I had already found a job at a café that would take care of my daily allowance. In comparison, Kyuhyun seems to have a magical bank account that never seemed to run out of money. I had never seen him hold any part-time jobs yet he had more money than Heechul and I.

 

Kyuhyun is actually a year younger than I am, and he goes to the same high school that I am attending now. Therefore, if you think I am smart having skipped one grade, he is smarter as he skipped three. He hailed from the Land of Many Opportunities- America. Having taken his SATS exams there, he was allowed to enroll into the high school when he came to the city last year. He knew Heechul, who used to study at my current high school, through the school’s Math Society. These two Math geniuses hit off instantly, and became good friends, despite their age difference of 5 years. Heechul proposed for him to move in and share the rent of the apartment when he found out that Kyuhyun was living alone by himself.

 

Anyway, that was how I ended up living with him in the same apartment, and not to mention, freaked him out with my nightmares as well. Gosh. Luckily, he was a nice person and did not force Heechul to throw me out, not that Heechul would do so even if he asked. I firmly believed that Heechul would choose his family above his friends, or at least I hope that he would. Besides, Kyuhyun really is a nice person, once you get past his cool exterior. He is funny and witty, evil at times, sensitive at others. Since I met him, I always felt that he looks elfish, with his sharp profile and tall-lean frame. He also has a killer smile that earned him many fangirls in our school. In fact, when I first saw Kyuhyun, I did found him rather attractive. However sadly, there was no special chemistry between us. Just some ‘wow-this-guy-is-quite-charming’ feelings that have since developed into pure friendship and sometimes, pure annoyance.

 

I also heard from some rumours in school that my dear brother, Heechul, also enjoyed the fame of a celebrity, and when he graduated last year, many of his fangirls went over to Kyuhyun. I think I can understand why Heechul and Kyuhyun hit off so well. These two are practically like an evil duo, with their vampiric faces and ridiculous quick wits. Luckily, even though Kyuhyun and I hung out in school occasionally, I did not become the target of public fangirls’ hatred. Maybe it was because I had a likable face? Haha. Even more luckily is that no one has found out that I was actually, in a way, cohabiting with two of the school’s celebrities. Oh, the things these fangirls would do just to be in my position. Hehe.

 

When I stepped out of the bathroom, it was already 6.45am. Kyuhyun had already changed into his school uniform and was waiting patiently at the dining table, working on his Sudoku book. “What do you want for breakfast?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen. “Steak and chips, with red wine,” he replied cheekily without looking up from his book.

 

“Wow. Then what are you going to eat for lunch? An entire pig?”

 

“Well, you know they always say it is important to have a good breakfast,” He looked up from his book and flashed me his killer smile.

 

“Red wine for breakfast is good?” I asked unbelievingly as I opened the fridge to inspect its content.

 

“Red wine’s good for health, not to mention a good cup of red wine is the best enjoyment anybody can have,” he answered dreamily as he raised a phantom cup to his lips and took an imaginary sip. I chuckled at the dreamy look of enjoyment on his face. He lowered his cup and gave me an impish wink.

 

“Does bacon, bread and milk sounds good to you?” I proposed as I took out the butter, milk and bacon and set it down on the island counter. “That’s meat, starch and liquid, just like your steak, chips and wine,” I reasoned, sticking my tongue out at him.

 

Kyuhyun did an exaggerated impersonation of a person who was making a choice between life and death. Then he smiled, “Okay! Sounds acceptable,” and returned to his Sudoko. By the time we finished breakfast and left house, it was 7.30am. School starts at 8am, so we still had some time to slowly make the 15 minutes journey on foot.

 

We walked in silence for a while, and then I broke the silence.

 

“Kyuhyun ah,” I started, “Sorry for waking you up with my racket last night,”

 

“It’s okay,” he smiled, “I fell right back to sleep after I went back to my room,” He then his jaw line and sighed, “I must be so handsome that the sleep angel can’t wait to have me back in her arms again…”

 

What a narcissist! I rolled my eyes at him, smiled,and looked back down at my feet, focusing on walking. We trod on in silence, before Kyuhyun broke it again.

 

“What did you dream about?” he asked carefully, looking at me. I looked up at him and gave him a cheerful smile, “It was nothing, just some normal stuff. You know, failing exams and such.”

 

“Oh,” he paused thoughtfully. “From the way you screamed, I thought that you dreamt about Heechul performing an English recital!” he continued with a serious face. I burst out laughing, “Haha! What the hell?!” I chortled, giving him a playful whack on his arm before adding, “But that would be really scary!”

 

He laughed heartily, and suddenly became serious as he changed the topic. “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you something,” he said as we made a turn at the corner, “My cousin is coming over to the city,”

 

“Your cousin?”

 

“Yes, he is transferring to our school.”

 

“When is he coming?”

 

“He said this week.”

 

“This week? Today is already Thursday!”

 

“Then it would be anytime soon!”

 

“Is he coming to stay in out apartment?”

 

“Yup, I’ve invited him to stay with us. I had already told Heechul, and wanted to ask for Your Highness’ opinion,” he answered, giving a small bow. I bit back a chuckle. What an actor. “Permission granted,” I said, in the most royal tone that I could make, “But anyway, you have already invited him. So, what the heck?”

 

We burst out into chuckles. Amongst laughter, we had reached school. Almost immediately, I heard the screams and shrieks of his fangirls when they saw Kyuhyun. With a fake helpless shake of his head, he shrugged at me. “Lunch together later? If you are not afraid of becoming the target of public hatred,” he said to me, giving me a playful wink. I laughed, showed him a thumb-up, wished him luck with his fangirls and bade him goodbye as we made our separate ways to the classroom.

 

The rest of the day passed by without much hoo-ha, and soon the bell signaling the end of school rang. You can literally feel the sleep cloud that had been hovering in the classroom for the whole day dispersed almost immediately as the classroom came to life. Sound of chairs moving against the floor could be heard as everyone stood up to leave.

 

I grabbed my bag and headed towards the direction of the cafeteria. I expected a huge crowd consisting mainly of girls because of a certain somebody. Sure enough, I saw Kyuhyun sitting right in the middle of the cafeteria, sipping a cup of juice casually, with his fangirls gushing and gawking at his every move. “What an attention seeker,” I thought to myself as I approached his table. My advance was interrupted twice by two groups of his fans who wanted me to help them pass love letters to him.

 

“Remind me again why your fans still haven’t kill me?” I asked him as I held out the stack of love letters to him. He smiled, setting down his juice on the table, “Because I would only accept love letters from them that were passed to me from you,” he replied, reaching out for the letters.

 

“Well, please keep it that way. I am really afraid for my life.” I requested as screams erupted all around us, “Why hasn't the school done anything about the ruckus you cause everywhere you go in this school?” I wondered aloud as I sat down opposite him. “If you’re talking about the teachers, they are right there, fourth table from the right” he smirked. I turned around and saw a table of female teachers trying their best to refrain themselves from screaming in excitement.

 

“What about the male teachers?”

 

“Too afraid to incur the wrath of the female species,”

 

I shook my head and left to buy food. After lunch, I told Kyuhyun that I needed to head over to the café that I was supposed to start work at. He nodded and left, saying that he was going to go home and sleep. As I trudged down the streets, sleepiness was starting to take over me. “Damn, should have just gone back to sleep… God! I’m so sleepy…” I thought grudgingly as I closed my eyes momentarily and shook my head slightly, trying to get rid of the sleepiness that was overpowering me.

 

All of a sudden, I banged into something. I gasped in shock as I fell backwards from the hard bump. I then felt a hand grabbed my wrists and pulled me forward. Having already lost my balance, my body naturally fell forward. I kept my eyes shut as I braced myself for an embarrassing facedown fall.

 

However, instead of hitting the hard and cold pavement, I fell against something soft and warm. When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring at the collar of someone’s shirt, as I lay protected against that person’s body. “Miss, are you okay?” that person asked, voice filled with concern.

 

I looked up, and my forehead accidentally hit my savior’s chin. Fortunately, it wasn’t a hard knock but I was so embarrassed that I just wanted the ground to open up so I could jump in. I can’t believe I am so clumsy, knocking into the person not only once but twice?! “I am so sorry! Are you all right? Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” I apologized profusely as I jumped away from the person, bowing repeatedly in guilt.

 

“I’m okay, I’m fine. Please don’t worry,” the person replied as he held out his hands to stop my bowing, “But are you okay? Does your forehead hurt?” I shook my head, and straightened myself. For the first time after the two awkward accidents, I finally saw the face of the person.

 

He had deep, round orbs that complemented his V-shaped face. His peachy pink lips that would put girls to shame went perfectly with his fair skin. He had a cute concerned look on his face consisting of him biting his juicy bottom lips, and his puppy eyes that looked larger than usual. I blushed in awkwardness. Knocking into someone twice is already embarrassing enough. It gets worse when the person is such a pretty boy.

 

“I’m so sorry, I should have paid attention to where I was going,” I said, giving him a self-conscious smile. “No worries,” he smiled gently, “I wasn’t looking at where I was going either,” I looked down at my watch. “Crap! I’m going to be late!” I cursed, forgetting that I was in front of a stranger. He laughed, making me realize my folly. I apologized to him again before turning and running off from the uncomfortable situation. I prayed in my heart that I would never meet this guy ever again as I sped in the direction of the café.

 

Regretfully, if fate is a person, it will be a downright despicable brat that enjoyed playing pranks on people as you are not going to believe what happened next…