사 : Love Sick

My Bacon is a Prince?!

 

Our sick reality,

It was raining today again. No school, no work, no Bacon, just free time. How could someone even enjoy their free day when the weather is all gloomy?

"I wanna go outside!" Jiae was planning to go visit Minji today and tell her all about the things that happened the past few days about Baekhyun.  

I can't get that damn Bacon out of my head! Jiae sat on the edge of her bed leaning her head against the glass window, the pit-pat sound of raindrops made her feel calm but at the same time sad. "I feel so dull and lifeless, come on Baekhyun, just once call or message will lift my spirits up..," Suddenly Jiae's phone started ringing, she stumbled on her feet as she dashed to reach her phone on her desk table. To her dismay, it was her Mom's voice that echoed when she answered.

"What is it, mom?" Jiae asked with a sigh.

"Jiae, are you home?"

"Ne, do you need something?"

"Thank god, I left my stethoscope and pocket diagnostic set at home, they're all placed in a black bag on the kitchen table, honey, would you mind bringing it to my work? "

"Alright, i'll be on my way mom."

Jiae grabbed the trench coat hanging at the back of her door when she suddenly remembered the umbrella Himchan gave him.

"Oh no! I forgot about the umbrella! Ahhh whatever, I'll just buy him a new one."

 

Divider I by RBSRdesigns

 

"My head hurts.."

"Aishh! Chanyeol ah, come here! You're soaking wet already!" Sehun pulled Chanyeol into one of the bus shed.

"It's damn hot in Korea, why the hell is it raining in Japan?!" Chanyeol whined in frustration. It was because they didn't bother bringing any umbrella or raincoat, moreover they were only wearing thin shirts with their parkas.

"Stupid hyung, ruining my one and only vacation.." Sehun muttered.

"Well, we can't just leave him hearing that suspicious messages he sent Chanyeol, he did tell him he's fine but I'm still worried. For god knows, he might have been taken by the yakuza or mafia or something. Oh right, where did Baekhyun say he was staying at?" Kai asked, he was scrolling through the list of hotels around Tokyo.

"At a hotel duh" Chanyeol retorted. "Where else could he be staying at?"

"I know that! I mean't what hotel?" Kai sighed deeply as he shook his head, "You're the one he contacted so you should atleast know." Chanyeol always gets cranky when he doesn't feel good, well who doesn't right?

"Weswestin achoooo!"

"Yah! Don't sneeze on me!" Sehun took a step farther away from Chanyeol and wiped the invisible germs on his arm. "Happy virus is spreading viruses again."

"He's staying at Westin Hotel in Ebisu."

Kai who was able to notice the happy virus shaking placed his hand on his forehead, "Man, you're burning hot Chanyeol.." 

"I'm fiachooooooooooooooo!"

"Ugh, Kai we better take him to the hospital."

"Yeah, don't worry Chanyeol, we'll just ask for some med then we'll leave right away."

"Aalright.." Chanyeol scoffed as he sniffled, "Guys I need tissues.."

"Here you can use this," Sehun handed him a pack of tissue he got from those people giving out leaflets with free tissues when they were walking around earlier. The loud sneezing made his hair stood up. "Let's go, we need to get rid of that cold immediately!"

 

Aiiku Hospital

"Oh dear, I suggest you stay overnight. You have a really high fever and judging from your looks it won't be subsiding any minute now", the doctor took out the thermometer from Chanyeol and gave him a medicine. "Drink this later after eating something." 

"Ah, doctor Jung? Can my friends stay with me in the room?"

"Ofcourse," Dr. Jung noticed that the 3 of them were carrying big bagpacks, "Are you perhaps on a vacation here?"

Chanyeol nodded, "We're looking for a friend but then we got stuck because of the rain."

"I see, well, I'll be on my way I still need to see someone. The nurse will be bringing your food later, for now you should rest."

"Hai." the 3 chorused, saying yes in japanese.

"Chanyeol ah, me and Sehun will just buy something to eat in the canteen, do you need anything?"

"I'm not hungry, thanks."

"Alright, we'll be back in an hour."

'Ugh my head feels like it's going to split in half! Stupid headache, stupid cold, stupid rain, stupid Baekhyun!' Chanyeol cursed under his breath. He lied down and rested his back, he tossed and turned, he tried to sleep but he couldn't.

'Maybe i'm just hungry? Might as well get some foodoh right, hospitals serve food. I guess I'll just have to wait for it.'

 

Divider I by RBSRdesigns

 

"Mom? I brought your stuffs."

"Come in, come in."

Jiae got in and took off her drenched trench coat off and hanged it on the chair, "Here, i wrapped it up in a plastic bag so it won't get wet."

"What happened, why are you all wet?! Come here and dry yourself."

"I'm alright, I just forgot to bring my umbrella."

"Forgot?" Dr. Jung gave Jiae a stern look, "Who in their right mind would forget their umbrella on a stormy day?"

Jiae sighed in defeat, "Okay mom, you got me."

"This is the last time I will hear about your umbrella getting lost, you hear, Jung Jiae?"

"Yes mom. I'm sorry."

Dr. Jung motioned for Jiae to sit on one of the chairs, she took out a towel from her cabinet and dried out Jiae's hair, "You can use my spare umbrella when you go back, and this time don't lose it, understood?"

Jiae nodded.

"I have to go check on one of my patients now, you can leave anytime. Don't forget to take a warm bath when you get home."

"Yes, yes."

"Jiae," Dr. Jung called out before leaving the room, "I'm sorry for making you come here dear, I know how much you hate going to hospitals." 

"Don't worry mom, I'm fine now." 

 

Divider I by RBSRdesigns

 

'Sooo yep, I ended up sneaking out. I can't help it, my stomach's been making this weird noises and no nurse is coming so I had to go get food on my own. Where was the doctors office again?'

Just when Chanyeol was about to turn to the next hallway he bumped into a nurse carrying  a food tray, the food including the soup and the carton milk went splashing everywhere.

"Oh shI mean i'm sorry, i'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Chanyeol spoke in korean langugae, it turned out that nurse was japanese and she couldn't understand korean, " how do you say sorry in japanese again?!"

"Gomenasai!" A girl with towels on her shoulder suddenly came bowing to the nurse, she helped her picked up all the leftovers and even said something in japanese that made the nurse bow back to her.

"Are you alright?" The girl asked Chanyeol in korean.

Chanyeol gasped, "You're korean?!"

"I heard you earlier, saying all and sorry in korean to the nurse so yeah, are you a patient here?"

"Uh yes, actually I was looking for Dr. Jung's office."

"Do you need something from my mom? She's not in the office right now though but you can wait for her inside."

"Oh..," Chanyeol blinked, "Oh!" He repeated, "So you're Dr. Jung's daughter.." 'wow she's pretty..'

Jiae waved her hands infront of his face, "Hello? Stop spacing out or you might bump into something again."

"Ssorry!" 'Just then, there was this loud grumbling noise that came from Chanyeol's stomach, Jiae looked at him in disbelief and started laughing hysterically. 

'oh man, too embarassing!'

"What was that weird noise!?" she asked laughing, pointing at Chanyeol's stomach.

"Don't laugh! I haven't eaten anything yet since I got here in Tokyo!" 

"Wait so you're not from here?" 

"No, I just came from Seoul.."

"Oh, no wonder."

"Uhm, we're you going somewhere?" Chanyeol asked.

"Right! I have to go, it's getting late. You should get back to your room, I'll go ask the nurse on the front desk to bring your food."

"1012 is my room number."

"Got it! I'll see you around!"

 

Divider I by RBSRdesigns

 

"Hyung, where have you been?!" Sehun asked Chanyeol who was about to enter the room,"Sick people shouldn't be wandering around!" 

"Iwas out uhgetting some fresh air." Chanyeol quietly went back to his bed without saying anything.

"Hey, what's up. You're creeping us out." Kai said as he sat at the bunk next to Sehun, "You have that weird smile on again."

"Did something happen?"

"No nothing," He shook his head, "It's just I met the doctor's daughter."

"Ohh was she cute?" Sehun asked, thinking it was some 5 year old kid.

"Yeah and very pretty too."

"Talk about phedo," Sehun scoffed. Chanyeol, hearing this, smacked Sehun's head with the bag of potato chips Kai was holding,

"Idiot! She's about our age! What are you thinking?"

Sehun patted off the crumbs on his shirt and pants as he threw the chips back to Chanyeol.

"My food!" Kai cried, "Stop it guys! Wasting food is not good! Damnit my potato chips is all gone now, you better pay for it Park Chanyeol."

"Why me?! I'm sick!"

"Hyung being sick has nothing to do with the chips." Sehun said, rolling his eyes, "Besides, you threw it at me!"

"Ugh, will you two shut up. Chanyeol hyung you better sleep, we'll leave first thing in the morning."

 

Divider I by RBSRdesigns

 

Meanwhile,

"Baekhyun?! What are you doing here?" Once JiAe got back home he saw Baekhyun standing infront of their doorstep, drenched from the rain. "What's wrong? Where's your coat? Why aren't you wearing it? Didn't you bring any umbre"

"I wanted to see you."

Jiae's heart went beating rapidly, she could feel the rising tension inside her.

"Wh-what are you saying," she faked a laugh, "Anyway, lets go inside first so you could dry yourself."

Jiae went in and Baekhyun followed without saying anything else, 'What the hell is this Bacon thinking?! Besides this is the first time I let a man inside my house. Oh I'm getting nervous! Calm yourself Jiae! Calm down. Baekhyun won't do anything. He won't. Butwhat if I'm the one who lose control?! Oh god. Oh no.'

"Here, uh a towel. Use it to dry yourself."

"Thanks."

"So, uhm what's your purpose of visit?" Jiae asked, as she tried so hard to compose herself.

In her surprise, Baekhyun began taking off his shirt. He placed it neatly hanging on the chair, "Sorry, let me dry my clothes first."

'What the ing hell! Is he trying to kill me?! I just had a mini heartattack!'

Jiae quickly stood up and rummaged through the cabinets in his big brother's room. She took one shirt with her and threw it at Baekhyun, "Wear it. I don't like seeing people inside my house." 

"Thank you," Baekhyun chuckled, 'Couldn't she just say that she doesn't want me to get a cold? She's such a cute tsundere.'

"Stop thanking me, will you? Now tell me your business here."

"Can I ask for a favfavor.." Baekhyun said between his coughs, "Can I stay here for the ni.." his voice trailed off. Baekhyun leaned his head on the sofa and closed his eyes, he breathed deeply before saying something again, "I'm really sor"

"Hey, are you okay?" Jiae slowly approached him as she touched his forehead, "You're burning!"

This time Jiae began to panick, she knew herself she couldn't take care of him, not in this state. She was never good with sick persons.

"I'll call my mom so we could take you to the hospital! Wait here"

"N-No, please, not the hospital.." he muttered, "Don't leave me.."

Jiae couldn't do anything more but stay with him, she felt the need to take care of him and for the first time, she will do something she wasn't used to all because of Byun Baekhyun.