~ Five ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Unbearable silence filled the car. Since Yunho insisted on driving the car, Yuri glazed out of the side window throughout the journey. Yunho cracked his brain, trying his best to strike a conversation but realised that he knew nothing about his wife. “Well… Not exactly nothing…” Yunho thought. “At least I know her name is Kwon Yuri… The mother of my child… She works as a wedding planner… And… And… Nothing…” Yunho admitted with a sigh.

Fortunately, the journey to the clinic only took twenty minutes. Yunho felt as if he was going to be suffocated in the deafening silence. Yuri opened the door and stepped out before Yunho could help her.

“Yunho, thank you for…”

“I’ll accompany you to the clinic…” Yunho cut in before Yuri could finish her sentence. “I think I have the right to look at my child…” Yunho knocked his head mentally. He did not mean to sound so brutally cruel. Yuri’s face paled slightly but nonetheless, she gave a nod.

The duo was taking the lift when two other couples signalled them to wait for them. Yuri pressed the ‘open’ button with a sincere smile. The couples returned with an appreciative smile. Yunho stood behind Yuri and watched the scene in silence. One of the guys held protective of his wife by the waist and put his chin on her shoulder. The other guy was chatting happily and caressing his wife’s protruding tummy. Yunho looked at Yuri and himself – the only odd and awkward couple in the lift with no physical interaction and contact. Not even an eye contact.

“How does Yuri feel whenever she sees how these couples interact? Does it hurt? How did she manage on her own?” Yunho thought guiltily as he was selfish enough to let Yuri faced and settled everything by herself.

“Ding!” The elevator came to a stop. Again, Yuri held the door opened for the two couples to walk out first. Yunho grabbed the opportunity to place his hand at Yuri’s back to help her out. Yuri stiffened a bit but she forced herself to relax as she mistook that Yunho wanted to maintain a good public image.

In the doctor room, Yuri was instructed to lie down by Ms Jessica. “Hi, Yuri…! Nice to see you again! Oh…! Finally, you’ve brought your husband here… Does he know about your serious morning sickness?”

“Hi, Jessica..! Yes, my husband does know about it although he is busy with his work…” Yuri replied with a smile. Yunho looked at her disbelievingly. She had just covered up for him again. He did not know that Yuri had suffered all the serious symptoms of a pregnant lady.

“Alright then, let’s do a scan today… Maybe we can determine the gender of the baby!” Jessica said delightedly. It was odd to see the doctor being more anxious and excited about the baby rather than the parents.

“Alright, let me see… Eh…?” Jessica gave a shocked yelp, making Yuri and Yunho worried. Yunho held onto Yuri’s hand to give her support but Yuri was too nervous to notice that.

“Congratulations! Mr and Mrs Jung! It’s a twin! And I’m almost sure to inform you it’s a boy and girl!” Jessica announced happily. Yunho gave an excited yelp and jumped around the room. It was the first time that the fact of being a father registered in his mind. Yuri, on the other hand, gave a faint smile and caressed her tummy lovingly.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A short but yet sweet chappie is up... Hope no one chops me into pieces... Haha... :D By the way, I've no idea when can the gender of baby be determined... Hence, this chappie maybe too far from reality... Maybe too early to know the baby gender...
Anyway, so what do my readers think...? ^^