~ Sixteen ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Yunho barely slept last night. He kept tossing in bed, unable to rest for the night as the bedroom was enveloped in Yuri’s unique scent. Her teary pained eyes were the last picture in Yunho’s mind before he finally slept fitfully.

It was only 5am when Yunho had finished wash up. He did not bother taking his breakfast and went straight to hospital. He intended to explain himself and seek forgiveness from Yuri, secretly hoping that Yuri would have calm down and gave him the chance.

However, a merciless bomb was delivered to him when he was informed by the receptionist that Yuri had been discharged last night. Yunho fought the urge to grab the male receptionist by his collar and forced him to spit everything out. He struggled to contain his anxiety and forced himself to ask politely.

Yunho took a look at the name tag and asked through clenched teeth. “Mr Onew, I’m Jung Yunho, husband of Kwon Yuri. Could you please inform me who accompanied my wife during discharge and when was it? Did they leave any contact or inform where would they be going?”

The young boy gulped nervously before answering the murderous looking man. “Mr Jung… I… I’m sorry to inform you that… Ms Kwon insisted on signing the discharge document herself and had left no contact or information of her friend… The only thing that I’m able to tell you is… Ms Kwon’s friend is a young looking girl who looks not more than eighteen…”

Onew stole a look at the anxious husband before continuing. “Mr Jung, I think I should let you know that Ms Kwon was rather pale-looking and was in a depressed state when leaving… Her eyes were red and swollen as if she was crying for quite some time… The doctor wanted to prevent her from leaving but she insisted that she would feel better if she was to discharged and she had informed the doctor that should she feel uncomfortable or not feeling well, she would definitely come back for a check-up… Mr Jung… If I had heard correctly, Ms Kwon addressed the young girl as ‘Seohyun’…”

Yunho’s heart sank when he heard Onew saying that Yuri had cried but he lit up instantly when Onew mentioned the mysterious girl’s name. He thanked the shaking receptionist and rushed out of the hospital.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho tried to call up his parents and Yuri’s parents to ask about Yuri. However, Yuri’s parents reprimanded him over the phone and cut the conversation before Yunho could get any information. As for Yunho’s parents, they were ‘kinder’. They informed Yunho that Yuri had called to notify them she was feeling alright and safe living at her friend’s house for the time being. But they were cruel enough to end the call with Mrs Jung saying sarcastically. “Serve you right, Yunho…” With that, she slammed down the phone heartlessly.

Yunho turned to Yuri’s co-workers for help. He was surprised to see Changmin and Jaejoong there too. Yunho opened his mouth, wanting to apologise but Changmin was quicker.

“Yunho… I’m sorry about that day…” Changmin started and rubbed his neck awkwardly. Jaejoong joined in and mumbled “I’m sorry about that too…”

Yunho smiled, for the first time in two days. He patted them on their shoulders and said “We were all at fault, isn’t it…? It was initially my fault… I should have let you guys explained first… Sigh… I should have known that my wife is so pretty that every normal guys would love her… I should be proud that she loves only me… But… I was too rash that day… And I ruined everything…”

Yunho, Changmin and Jaejoong forgave each other and became good friends. They promised to continue hunting Yuri’s whereabouts and would call each other if they had any information.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho returned home, looking more haggard than ever. He had been skipping works for the past few days, just to look for his beloved wife. Yunho had tried calling Yuri on her mobile but it had been switched off. He had left tonnes and tonnes of messages until the voicemails were flooded with his sincere apologies.

Yunho walked into the nursery room and could not help but recalled the happy memories of Yuri and him when decorating their babies’ room. A tear escaped from Yunho’s left eye. It was only then Yunho realised that he missed Yuri very much. He could not live without her.

Just then, Yunho’s phone rang. “Kyuhyun? Were you able to find out information about Seohyun…?” Yunho asked his cousin anxiously. He had first thought of Kyuhyun, his capable cousin when his parents refused to reveal Yuri’s whereabouts.

“Yunho, sorry to inform you that I was unable to trace that girl… I couldn’t find anyone by that name… Are you sure you’ve given me the correct information?” Kyuhyun apologised and felt sorry for not being able to help Yunho.

Yunho felt as if he was shattering inside. He knew that it was almost impossible to trace Yuri using the mysterious girl’s name. But nonetheless, he placed all hopes on it when there was absolutely nothing to depend on. Now the last hope had broken and he nearly gave up. He thanked Kyuhyun for his help and made a grave decision.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sigh.... Sigh... Feeling so depressed typing this chapter out... Sad stories always dampened my mood........................ T__T
But I've feel better after getting encouragement from my chingus.... So touched... T__T Hahaa... Okay, okay, no crying...
But your comments really motivated me... ^^