Mr. Rude

Key to Love

 

Who is he? She kept asking herself the same question. Though he was being rude, not to denied, he's good looking. No. He's handsome. Yeah. That's the right word.

 She ran away from that rude person after she saw he was glaring at her. He might think that she's actually afraid of him-which she's not. It's embarrassing. SooHee let out a long sighed.

     "Hey." Key pulled a chair next to her.

     She grinned to him and back to calculate the mathematics problems she got from previous class.

     "Don't forget what I asked you last night." he said really close to her.

     Her neck hairs suddenly rise. She shifted a bit away from him. "I'll talk to her after this class."

     "Thank you." he hugged her from side. "You're the best!"

     SooHee heart suddenly pumped faster. She felt as if her heart was jumping. Key did this before to her, but why? Why did it felt different this time?

     Don't tell me, I've fallen for him? She argued with her mind. No, no, no. Absolutely not!

     "Yaa!" She struggled to let him released her. "We're in class right now. What will other people think?"

     He let her go from his arms. Key laughed and pulled back his chair to his place.

 

*****

 

     SooHee walked quickly through the hall. She needs to meet Han Hyo Jin. Like she promised to Key, she has to tell her that Key want to meet her.

     She stood still in front of the music club room.

 

     There's nothing to be afraid of.

     HyoJin unnie, yeah she doesn't eat people.

     Just say it and go away.

 

     Easy.

     SooHee took a deep breath and knocked the door.

     "Come in." a sweet girl voice was heard. SooHee gapped the door.

     A tall girl-about 170cm, was on her feet holding a log book in her hand. She's probably was checking something in the book. She seemed focused.

     "Yes?" HyoJin stared at her.

     HyoJin is really beautiful. Her long, brown and wavy hair fall neatly behind her shoulder. And her skin is fair and flawless. She's pretty. Even for a girl like SooHee, she can't take her eyes of her.

     Once she entered the room, she saw someone familiar. He's holding a guitar, sitting next to a small table. Look like he was in the middle of composing a song. Sheets music was on the table and he was writing on it.

     He held up his face.

     Omona! It's that rude person! SooHee shrieked to herself.

     She struggled to control her act. She didn't want to show any signed that she was embarrassed. SooHee tried not to make any eye contact with him. She aimed her walk to HyoJin.

     "HyoJin unnie?" she asked.

     "Mmmm..." HyoJin closed the log book she was holding. “Can I help you?”

     "Key asked me to tell you that he wanted to see you after school, today at the front gate."

     "Key?" She frowned.

     SooHee nodded.

     "Which Key?" HyoJin put down the log book on the table.

     Is she angry?

     "Kim Ki Bum." she answered.

     "Okay." HyoJin said simply.

     SooHee surprised. If she knew it was that easy, she didn't have to worry about it so much. Just spilled it out and got a yes. And now it's time for her to go.

     "I'll be going now." SooHee makes her way out from the room. The atmosphere was getting awkward in the room. Plus, with the presence of that rude person there, it's getting even more and more uncomfortable.

     SooHee swore that he saw he was eyeing on her from the moment she stepped into the room until she got out. He even stopped plucking his guitar. It was truly scary inside there. It's like getting into a cave with a tiger inside.

     But, why was he there? Is he in the music club too? Seems like it. He did play the guitar just now.

     "Hey you, stop right there." Someone said from behind. It's a guy's voice.

     Is somebody talking to me? SooHee turned around to check.

     "Good thing that you're not deaf too." he came near. It's the rude person.

     This guy, only if I can just slap him in his face right now. SooHee made a fist but she didn't make it obvious.

     "Why is rat coming to the music club?" he raised one of his eyebrows.

     "Rat?" SooHee confused. Why was he asking her about that? Out of the blue, an image of a rat came into her mind. 

     "Yeah, you! You're the rat." he explained. "Not only you're blind but also dumb." he mumbled.

     "Excuse me?" she frowned. "I have name. Kim. Soo. Hee." she stressed one by one when mentioning her name. "But, why rat?" she still want to know.

     "Because..." he got closer to her. He was just an inch distance from SooHee. "A rat vision is severely impaired but it can still hear. Just like you."

     SooHee moved backwards. "I'm not visually impaired." she out her lower lips a bit. This person in front of her is more than rude. He's a devil. She's afraid that she might explode and scream at him. That's the last thing she wanted to happen. She got a reputation to take care of. No matter how mad she is, she forced herself to talk in a low tone.

     "Since you hit me earlier today, I want a compensation." he put both his hands into his pocket.

     Her jaws dropped. "But-"

     "No but, but." he cut her words.

     Aish! This guy is getting on my nerve! She yelled inside.

     She knew she was wrong, so she gave up arguing with him. The quicker it settled the better. "Fine, what do you want?"

     "You have to be my servant for 3 days."

     "Servant? 3 days?!" SooHee knitted her brows. "I-"

     "Will you listen first?" he stopped her from further talking. "Yes, 3 days. But those 3 days will be any day in these 2 months. You have to come to me, whenever I call you. Understand?"

     "Why should I listen to you?" SooHee tried her best so that she doesn't have to be a servant. Servant? How much worst will it get? Come on, this is too far.

     He held up a plain red A5 size note book in his hand. 

 

     "How did you-?" she didn't believed it. How did he got that? It's her diary-more like a journal actually. She wrote almost everything in there. "Give it back." SooHee reached for her book.

     "Ooops." he held it up higher. "Next time, never leave without checking what you dropped after you hit someone." Again with his sarcastic tone.

     "Give me your phone number." he ordered.

     "What for?"

     "How can I reach you if you didn't give it?" he sighed. "Why is it a slow person like this even existed?"

     SooHee giggled. They exchanged their number. "Now, give back my book. Please."

     He shook his head. "Nope. You'll get it right after you finished your three days."

     "Then, how can I write in it when I don't have it?"

     "Whenever you want to write, just tell me. I'll give it to you for a while. But..." he stopped.

     Again with the but. SooHee didn't expect it'll turn out this hard. She bumped into a person and she have to be a servant. In fact, she's the one who stumble down, not him.

     "You have to write it with my presence." he continued.

     "Okay, whatever you say." She's tired with the argument going on and on. "Can I go now?"

     He nodded once.

     SooHee didn't wait any second. She stepped away from there as fast as she can. She didn't want to further with their fight. It's stupid. Seriously. All of this is nonsense! With no good reason, she have to be a servant to a person she didn't even know his name.

     "SooHee, jamkkanman!" Key ran to her. She slowed down her steps so that he can catch up.

     "I talked to her and she said yes." she said immediately.

     "Thanks, but that's not what I’m curious about right now." Key walked with her. "Why are you talking with Lee Jong Hyun back there?"

     "JongHyun?" I asked stupidly. So he's name is JongHyun.

     "Don't tell me you didn't know, he is the president of the music club. Everybody knows him."

     "Well, I don't know him and I don't care." SooHee responded.

     Key chuckled. "SooHee-ah, what are you doing in this school all this long?" he put his arms around her shoulder.

     "Seriously?" he got back to his questioned. "How did you end up talking to him?"

     "Why do you want to know so badly?"

     "Let me tell you something." he pulled back his arm. "JongHyun talk only to certain people. Not just anyone. Especially girls. You can count the number of girls he had ever talked to in this school."

     "Really?" Key’s story caught her attention. "But why?"

     "Nobody knows." he said without any elaboration.

 

     This is indeed interesting.