Prologue

Key to Love

 

"Honey...I'm sorry!" SooHee's uncle begged. 

     "Don't come near me!" SooHee's aunt threw another mug to her husband.

 SooHee peered from her room.

     SooHee lived with her uncle since she was born. Her mother died when gave birth to her and her father, he left just like that. Nobody knows where he is. Thanks to his uncle, she was taken care of. SooHee's uncle, ChanJae raised her until now and treats her like his daughter. 

     After knowing that SooHee was going to be sent to the orphanage before, he felt sorry for that baby. Well, she is his sister's daughter. In fact, ChanJae's wife can't even have a baby, so he thought that it's better for him to take care of SooHee rather than let her growing up at the orphanage. Unfortunately, her aunt was not really pleased with her presence in that house. ChanJae is not living a wealthy life. He and his wife have to work harder to earn money. That is one of the reasons why her aunt doesn't really like her there. In her aunt opinion, if her husband didn't bring SooHee home 5 years ago, she doesn’t have to work in order to survived.  

     Earlier today's evening, SooHee aunt got a letter from a lawyer. Their house will be auction if they didn't pay the debt by the end of this month. 

     "Tell me," her aunt sat down on an old chair in the kitchen. "How on earth are you planning to pay this!" she rumpled the letter in her hand.

     ChanJae didn't know how to answer. There's nothing left. Even in his account, the amount is zero. He wanted to give the best for his wife and SooHee but that's all he can do. 

     He picked up the scattered mug on the floor. "I'm really sorry." That's all he can say.

     SooHee's aunt stood up with a heavy sighed. She passed through her husband and stormed into their bedroom. 

     ChanJae tears fall down. He never expected this to happen. Her wife didn't do the wrong thing. He deserved to be yelled at. ChanJae's wife are ought to feel mad. She's worried. If this house is auctioned, they don't have any place to live. 

     SooHee ambled slowly to her uncle. "Appa...?" She squatted in front of him. Yes. She called him dad. That's what her uncle practiced her to call him. "Are you alright?" 

     He wiped away his tears. "I'm fine." he smiled. "I'm gonna work this out. Don't worry." he pulled her into his arm.

     "Emmm." she assented.