[소나기] April Encounter - Zico Scenario

[소나기] Sonagi ~ BLOCK B EDITION


 


 

As soon as you stepped outside the heavens started to weep. Spring has arrived and with it the first April shower.


You are tempted to go back to the comfort of the cafe but you already spent your whole afternoon there. You had planned to go home at this time and the rain had to disrupt it.


Seeing that there’s a sheltered path crossing through the park across the street, you decided to make a dash for it.You quickly lifted your arm over your head trying to shield your eyes from the big warm drops of water that were pelting the ground.


You barely make it to the shelter when you felt a snap and saw that your birthday present, a Hello Kitty bag charm fell to the ground. You hesitated, but that charm is one of your precious possessions, and you just know you'll regret not picking it up. You stooped down and reached for it, you were getting irritated because rain water started to seep through your clothes. But before you can stand up again something suddenly collided with you and the charm flew out of your hands. You tried to regain your balance so you grabbed on to what’s in front of you but instead of standing up, you felt yourself slip and fall.

Instinctively, you closed your eyes as you felt the world crashed down so slowly. THUD…you didn't feel any pain when you fell.

The rain increased in its intensity. The raindrops were warm against your skin and you feel the earth releasing its warmth too. But you also feel something else. Something warm and steady against your skin. You open your eyes and then you saw him. His face filled your vision - and what a sight he had his hoodie over his head but it exposed his thick eyebrows and lips,  and that piercing gaze. His dark brown eyes like two pools of warm chocolate.

“Ah~” he was the first to break the spell. It was then that you became aware of the compromising position both of you were in. He was directly on top of you and your hands were grabbing on to the chest area of his hoodie. And you also realized  that the reason why your fall didn’t hurt as much was because he was cradling your head with his hands.

“Omo!” you exclaim and you try to quickly get up, but he didn’t clock in your reaction so you ended up bumping heads, you could’ve bumped lips if it weren’t for your noses.

You saw him wince.

“I- I’m sorry”, you said in a small voice. Without thinking you rub your thumb over the part of his forehead where you hit him. It was only when you caught him staring at you that you stopped.

“It’s OK,” he told you and flashed you a smile. You felt your cheeks burn and your heart started to beat quicker. “I’ll go up first” He slowly removed his hands from your head, and placed it palms down on the floor, all the while looking at you. You want to turn away but when your eyes met his they reacted like magnets. You couldn’t will yourself to turn away. It seemed like an eternity before you felt his weight off of you.

You sat up but he was still standing over you, You looked up at him, you didn’t notice that the rain had  stopped, and the afternoon sun bathed his figure in a nice glow. You heard yourself catch your breath. He looked down at you, you quickly lowered your head in embarrassment.

And in an instant his hands were on your waist with one swift motion he lifted you up to your feet. You were still a bit disoriented that he had to hold you steady by drawing your body to his. This time it wasn’t your cheeks but your whole body that burned up. In your shock you shoved him away. You saw him looking at you intently and that’s when you realized that the brief shower had soaked you through and through. The light chiffon floral dress that you wore was soaking wet and was clinging to every curve of your body.

“I- I’m sorry, ” you stuttered, refusing to look into his eyes. You clutched your shoulder bag closer to your body. “I have to go”. You suddenly felt like an idiot for even telling him that, it was like you had to ask him for permission to leave. You took a step to one side and started walking briskly.

“Sorry- wait!”, you hear him call out after you. Part of you wanted to slow down but part of you was too embarrassed at what happened. Without thinking about how you look you break into a run.

“Miss! Miss!”, you hear him shout but your legs were bringing you further and further away from him. You wanted to forget this day…that moment..those eyes…that man.

A few days later, you thought you really forgot him. When you reached home you put your dress in the laundry. As the dress you wore that day is now washed and dry you hoped you could wash him away from your memory. A brief but strong encounter, nothing more.

“Unni, I want to watch my  music show”, your sister whined as she plopped beside you on the sofa.
“OK, I need to go out shop for groceries anyway”, you said tossing her the remote control. As you stood up the TV screen was suddenly filled with a familiar face.

“I am Block B’s leader and producer Zico”, this time his manner of speaking was more confident and he had a fierce look in his eyes.

“Omo…” you heard yourself gasp, because as the camera was moving away from Zico’s face down to his outfit, you caught sight of the Hello Kitty charm that dropped from your bag. And you finally realized why he was calling out after you.