REVELATIONS

Wonderland

 

A/N: To all my readers, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I tried to get inspiration back for this story, but nu-uh, zilch. I couldn't find any, I didn't know where this story was going. I had planned out an ending a while ago, so I just kinda put everything in a nutshell. So this is the last chapter, I'm sorry, but I hope you enjoy? Though you probably won't, I rushed it a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tao laughed with his new friends. Suho and Lay were really cute, especially when they were together, Tao observed and Chanyeol was so happy and outgoing that one had to love him. It was impossible not to. They were interrupted from their picnic by the sound of footsteps. Tao  was sitting with his back to them, so he tilted his head backwards to see the new arrivals. It was the quickest method to see them after all.

Even if they were upside down.

Tao was greeted with a pair of…twins? Twins would be the right word, he concluded. They looked very alike, except one had chubbier cheeks. They were even dressed the same, both in matching red and white uniforms.

“Please come with us.” They stated, their expressions unchanging.

Silence followed. Tao was pondering the meaning behind the words while the other three simply stared.

Before bursting out into laughter.

“What have they been teaching you?!” Chanyeol mock gasped.

The twins both pouted, grumbling slightly as the persona they had tried so hard to build crumbled in front of them.

“Just come!!! Or his majesty will be angry!!!” the one with chubby cheeks whined, stomping his foot on the ground. The other one stood behind, observing his twin’s actions.

“Please?” The other twin said, turning his eyes towards the 4 seated and giving them his best puppy eyes.

“Don’t wanna.” Chanyeol declared. Suho and Lay nodded in agreement.

“Who cares, I don’t want you anyway. We want the new guy.” The one which Tao concluded looked like a dumpling said.

“Ok, take him then! Bye Tao!” Chanyeol waved cheekily, before jumping lightly over the picnic rug and running away, with Suho and Lay hot on his heels. Tao’s jaw dropped open at this betrayal.

“Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you. I’m Luhan, by the way. And this is Xiumin.” Luhan smiled. He grabbed Tao’s hand and Xiumin took the other, and they walked, well dragged Tao along.

***

“Off with his head!” was the first thing Tao heard the moment he walked through the giant doors of some giant red castle that had some obsession with hearts.

The first thing Tao saw was a human.

Okay, perhaps it was rude to call a human a thing. Let’s rephrase that.

The first human Tao saw, was a young boy, looking a few years older than Tao. He was dressed in rich looking robes, with a cape far too big for him as it dragged on the floor like a bridal train. Even though the boy was sitting down. He sat on a giant throne, again far too big for him. The way he sat, suggested he thought himself as superior. He was in a way lying on the throne. He sat sideways, his legs hooked over one arm of the throne, his shoulders on the other, his body twisted so that he could see the poor civilian that was kneeling on the ground, shaking in fear.

“Off with his head!” the boy yelled.

“B-b-b-b-but s-s-s-sir---“ the kneeling man stuttered.

“…Sir?” the boy said, glaring at the man.

“Y-Y-Your Majesty, please accept my apologies. It was a slip of the tongue! Please your Majesty, have mercy!” the man cried.

Another boy entered at that point, looking younger than Tao. He was dressed similarly to the boy sitting on the throne. The younger boy walked over the throne, kneeling by the side where the boy’s head lay, speaking into the older boy’s ear. The boy on the throne nodded, turning back to the kneeling man.

“You’re dismissed. Be grateful I decided to be generous. Now someone get this ugly person out of my castle! He’s making the flowers wilt! Actually he already did! He stepped on my lawn, when it clearly said UGLY PEOPLE OFF!” the boy yelled. Guards came from the side, dragging the man outside, past the stunned Tao.

“Who are you? Are you the one that Baekhyun and Kai were running up to me talking about?” the boy on the throne motioned for Tao and co. to walk in.

“O-Oh…I’m Tao.” Tao said.

“Tao…” the boy murmured. He stepped off his throne and came to stand in front of Tao. “Can I keep him?”

Tao’s eyes widened at the ludicrous request that the boy had just asked. Keep him? He was not a possession.

“You can’t keep a person.” The other boy next to the boy rolled his eyes. The boy on the throne frowned.

“I knew that.” He turned his attention back to Tao. “I’m Kris, but you can call me the Red King, or your majesty.”

Over the course of days, Tao and Kris became closer to each other. It reached a point where the two were inseparable. But Tao was one of the special ones as well, those who held a power. It was really more like a curse. There were 12 people, who were reincarnations of the previous owners. The power only activated when they were on EXO Planet, which was where they were supposed to stay. The cycle would be broken, if someone, it only required one person, did not activate their powers. Which was why once Tao’s parents had found out, they had gone to earth, to keep that from happening. But for some strange reason, Tao had found his way back to EXO Planet, and Kris’ plan had been thrown out of whack.

And being the (still) rather self-centred boy king he was, he sent Tao away, back to his home on Earth. But he still returned, later though, but nonetheless, the pull seemed to be natural.

***

“That’s a nice story, Chen-sshi, but why are you telling me this?” Tao asked, once Chen had finished talking about the story of a boy who fell down a rabbit hole.

After dinner, Tao sought Chen for guidance, and the tutor had replied with the story.

“You don’t recognise it?” Chen said.

Tao shook his head. “No… am I supposed to?”

Chen sighed. “Silly boy, you even called it Wonderland…”

At that Tao froze up, the words triggering a rush of memories. All those dreams that he had had about a place called Wonderland… they were real?

“Yes, they were real Tao.” Chen answered Tao’s out-loud thinking.

Tao looked stunned. “That’s… a lot to take in…” he finally managed.

“It is.” Chen agreed, nodding his head.

***

The next day, after sleeping on it, Tao went back to the wing that was forbidden, waiting. Sure enough, Tao’s patience paid off, Kris appeared soon, heading down for breakfast. He looked surprised to see Tao waiting there, and even more so when Tao suddenly hugged the Red King.

“Sorry for forgetting you.” Tao mumbled into Kris’ chest. Kris stiffened up for a bit before relaxing, a small smile gracing his features as he returned the hug.

***

“You ruined my awesome plan twice you know.” Kris said. The ‘reunited’ couple sat on the benches, overlooking the garden.

“Can’t be helped.” Tao shrugged, a slight smirk on his face. Kris raised his eyebrow at Tao, reaching out to mess up the younger’s hair.

“I guess I could send you away again…”

“I’ll come back.”

Kris chuckled. “I thought so. But it is really the only option…”

Tao looked at the Red King in panic. “Why? I don’t want to be separated from you again.” He pouted. Kris laughed.

“Well, with that reason, how could I not comply? Don’t worry, you won’t. I just need to settle a few things, ok?” Kris pressed a kiss to Tao’s forehead, enjoying the way the younger’s face flushed pink. “D.O”

“At your service.” D.O said, appearing almost out of nowhere. But not really, since he didn’t have Kai’s teleportation abilities. D.O held Tao’s arm firmly, starting to use his Earth power to create a hole in the ground. Tao pulled against D.O’s grip, turning to look at Kris.

“Wait, Kris… what?!”

Then he was gone. Down the rabbit hole back to Earth.

***

A week later, and Tao had really given up on waiting for Kris. He was the Red King after all, he had a planet to rule. There was no way that he would really drop everything for Tao.

“It’s saddening to think you think so poorly of me.”

Tao whirled around almost smashing his face into the tree he had been leaning against in the park, during the process. Kris was smiling at Tao, still wearing his Red King clothes (and attracting a lot of public attention at that), but nonetheless, he was solid and standing before Tao.

“Kris…you…but…” Tao stuttered, trying to get the words out. Kris chuckled, wrapping Tao in a hug, and instantly calming the younger down. “What about EXO Planet?”

There was silence for a while. “Sehun is going to be a wonderful king.”

Tao looked shocked before looking happier than before. “One question though… can you still fly?”

“Sure, want me to demonstrate?” Kris spread his arms out, actually preparing to jump into the sky.

“No! Don’t! There are people around!” Tao hissed, grabbing onto Kris’ hand to stop him from actually going ahead with his absurd demonstration.

“Lead the way.”

“To where?”

“To your house. Where else am I going to be staying?”

“You… what?!”

And like most fairytales go (though this doesn’t really count), they lived happily ever after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I considered deleting this story, but then I thought that my readers deserved to have a closure to this story. So this is the closure. It is very rushed, once again I apologise, and I know it . I know I've disappointed you, but I would rather you keep those sentiments to yourself. I would be hurt if there are negative comments, though I must say, I thoroughly deserve it. But I'm selfish like that, so yea... Bye!

Advertising: Read my other Taoris fic, A Page in History. I will definitely see this one to the end, so yay!