DRINK ME

Wonderland

A/N: Wow 22 subscribers already! Kinda puts a bit of pressure on me though... hope you like this first short chapter! Don't worry, usually my chapters are double the length of this one, I just wanted it to end where it ended ^^ oh I'm so evil kekekekeke

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughter filled the air as brightly, monochrome dressed people danced around on tiled floors. A young boy, around the age of 10 sat in the middle of the circling, clapping his hands in delight. An older boy appeared on the scene, walking into the middle of the circle towards the sitting boy. There were bows towards him as he walked past. The younger boy’s face broke into a smile as he saw the other, stretching his arms up for a hug, like the child he was. The older accepted, letting the younger embrace him, the younger smiling even wider all the while.

***

A boy sat up with a gasp, breathing deeply, noting his sweat soaked pajamas. He pushed his hand through his black fluffy hair. He noted the time, 2am, too early to be up Tao, he berated himself.

He didn’t see that he was going to get any chance to fall asleep anytime soon, with the strangely familiar creepy dream still fresh in his mind. It was unusual that a dream stuck with him that long. He tended to forget his dreams within the first 5 seconds of waking up. Why was this one sticking with him?

Tao changed out of his pajamas, deciding that he didn’t want to be mistaken for a mental asylum person wandering around in his pajamas while he was walking in the forest. The forest usually calmed him down. So it was there where he would meditate in a way.

***

Tao stretched his arms above his head as he walked, staring at the sky. It was quiet, broken only by the occasional sound of owls hooting, of some rustling of leaves. It would have spooked him out but he had grown accustomed to it.

A flash of white caught Tao’s attention.

His breath hitched in his throat. It couldn’t be a ghost right? Tao was scared crazy of ghosts, he was scared crazy of anything slightly horror-like.

Tao noticed the white figure again in his peripheral vision. Curiosity got the better of him, and he turned to look, half anticipating, half dreading.

It was a person.

The person was dressed in white.

It’s a ghost! Tao mentally screamed in his head.

Strangely enough, the person looked rather solid. He stared at Tao with his huge owl-like eyes, before mouthing a FOLLOW ME. And turning.

And even more strangely, Tao followed the mysterious man in white.

The man moved quickly, Tao had to quicken up his pace, before he couldn’t find him again. He stared at his surroundings. He was in a part of the forest he hadn’t gone to before. He couldn’t be lost right?

Then he saw the man in white again, standing around 10 metres from him, by a large tree. The man looked at a pocketwatch, before suddenly disappearing.

Tao ran to the tree, looking around for where the man had disappeared. All he could see was a hole, a rabbit hole, situated near the base. Perhaps he had fallen down?

He kneeled by the hole, leaning over to see down there. It was dark.

“Hello?” Tao asked. Hello’s rebounded off. Echos. Tao craned his neck a bit more.

It was windy.

Unusual, Tao pondered, the night was not windy.

It was then, that Tao realised that he had fallen down the rabbit hole. He didn’t scream, screaming would be useless when no one was there to hear you wasn’t it?

And so Tao fell.

A broken piano fell past him. Well it fell upwards since he was falling downwards. The broken keys were floating around in the air. A jack-in-a-box sprung out as it fell upwards.

Tao’s bottom painfully made contact with the hard floor.

Or perhaps it would be better to say ceiling.

Indeed, it seemed that Tao had crashed through the ceiling. He was sitting right next to the light after all.

It also soon came to his realisation that he was in fact upside down. His head made contact with the actual floor this time.

After he recovered, he noticed something. There were doors here, and in fact, there was a key sitting on the glass table which so happened to be placed in here.

“Queer...” Tao noted. He picked up the key and proceeded to try every single door. But none of them opened. It was then that Tao realised that there was a curtain. Upon pulling aside the curtain, he noticed, one more door. A very small door, hardly bigger than the size of his hand. He stuck the key in the lock, how such a small door had such a big lock was beyond him... and lo behold, the door opened!

Tao crouched down to eye level, looking through the small door. Indeed, it seemed that there was another world in there. How was he supposed to get through there?

After plotting this dilemma for a while, Tao turned around, noticing that there was something else on the table that he had missed.

A small bottle, with a label ‘DRINK ME’ rested there. It contained a clear liquid.

“I’m dreaming right? If it is poison, I won’t die anyway. It’s worth a shot.” Tao deduced, speaking his thoughts out loud.

A strange sense of déjà vu came over him as he lifted the bottle to his lips, taking a small sip. It was all that was needed, as he suddenly saw that everything before larger and larger.

Soon though, he realised that it wasn’t that everything else had become larger, it was that he had become smaller. He was glad to note that his clothes had shrunk with him.

So he tried the door again, but alas! He had left the key on the table, which he was now too short to reach. The small door had shut and locked itself again.

Tao felt extremely upset at that, wondering how he was going to get the key. He certainly did not enjoy being smaller.

Then he noticed a small cake but the foot of the table, labelled with a little ‘EAT ME’. Again, he shrugged, pondering the pros and cons before taking a small bite.

And he grew...

And grew...

And grew...

He grew so much that he was hunched over in the small room, panicking that he would not be able to have enough room.

Well at least now he was at a sufficient height to reach the key.

He took the key, clasping it firmly with his hand, taking another sip of the liquid.

Once again, the world was large.

He slotted the key into the door and entered the mysterious world...

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This first chapter is almost exactly the same as the original plot right? Don't worry, there will be changes that I make. And don't think that this is my 'writing style'. I don't have a writing style I write to fit the mood. And since I wanted it to be a bit weird and serious I changed it a bit (LOL at the alas! lo behold!). So don't get creeped out by it.

Anyone wanna make me a poster for the story? Love you to bits if you do!