Trust

Playful Hearts: Twists & turns of fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER XXVII

 

 

 

 

Their hands reached each other and shook it. Sooyoung’s eyes were somehow occupied with the model’s appearance. His face, body and his eyes. It’s perfect. “I’m Shim Changmin. It’s nice to meet you Ms. Choi.” He introduced himself before releasing his grip on her hand.

“Nice to meet you too. You may sit down.” She said as both of them sat on their respective spots. “So… according to your profile, you haven’t had any experience in modeling but the Top Rank Company strongly recommends you.” She smiled and glanced at him. “You might have some backer or something.” The brunette looked at him once more and closed the folder in hand.

Changmin, in turn, just rubbed the back of his nape. Not wanting to have an eye contact with her. “Well, you see.. I— “

“I don’t care if you have some backer or what, but I want you to be one of our main models.” She cut him off, making Changmin stare— much to his confusion.

“It would be an honor Ms. Choi.” He bowed in front of her and proceeded to sit again.

Sooyoung cracked up suddenly and let out a laugh. “Mr. Shim, I’m sorry. Do I look too serious? You look pretty scared to me.”

He laughed too. “Not that Ms. Choi, I was just nervous, I guess.”

 

After a while the two found themselves comfortable with each other though this is their first time meeting. They talked about work and even among each other’s private life. Even them, can’t explain how easily they came too open with each other. But to Changmin, this is good. Having Sooyoung so friendly towards him is a good sign— isn’t it? That way, he could easily s between them then tear them apart and let Tiffany get what she wants.

“So, how long have you stayed in L.A?”

“About a month.” He answered.

“Just a month?” The brunette asked curiously as she found her guest quite interesting.

“Yes. I went there after my surgery. You know just to have my lone time and a vacation as well.”

“A surgery for?”Sooyoung asked once more.

Changmin felt a big lump forming inside his throat. He took a gulp and responded. “A heart surgery.”

Sooyoung went to lean back on her chair and crossed her arms against her chest, looking at him. “Oh..” Those were the only words she could say then immediately changed the topic when she found the previous a bit serious.

“So… how about your family, do they live here?”

“No. I don’t have a family anymore.”

She found herself pouting. “I’m sorry for that. I shouldn’t have asked.”

“It’s fine, Ms. Choi.” He assured her with a smile.

 

Three knocks on the door were heard before it flung open. Jessica poked a head out and gestured to her boss. “Ms. Choi, it’s 5 minutes before the board meeting.” She said as Sooyoung stood up from her seat then shifted her look to Changmin. “I better get going Mr. Shim. I’m looking forward to work with you.”

Changmin stood up as well as they both exchanged bows at each other before proceeding outside.

He watched as Sooyoung made her way to the board room. He smiled to himself thinking how friendly she was to him and at the same time, felt sorry for her. His hands found its way to clutch his chest. He really loves you. I can feel it.

As he was about to take the stairs, he spotted a familiar face who just came out from a certain room, talking to an older woman. She hasn’t noticed him so when she was about to pass by, Changmin grabbed her hand and spun her around. “I thought you’re going home. Why are you here?”

Tiffany slid her hand off him. “I just needed to talk to someone.”

“What are you planning to do now?” He asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter