Marry me

Playful Hearts: Twists & turns of fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER XXVIII

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t go.” She repeated like he can’t escape. She held him by the waist and hugged him. “Don’t you dare leave me.”

He chuckled lightly in response as his hands patted her back. “You know that won’t do. I have to take care of the business. Our business.”

She pulled her head back a little to face him. “Just send someone there, babe. And stay here with me.”

Siwon parted their bodies away but still holding onto her shoulders. “Sooyoungie… do you love me?”

“Of course. I do, babe.”

“Then trust me.”

Sooyoung sighed heavily before stepping back and heading away from him but as she was about to hold the handle to the opening of the building, she was pulled back by her boyfriend. “Sooyoung… please understand.”

“Don’t go talking to me about trust, Wonnie. Because you’re clearly aware that it won’t work.” She mumbled, prying his grasp away but he just tightened it, not intending to let go.

“Babe, if you love me... you should learn to trust me.”

Sooyoung finally faced him—rather with an annoyed look. “The last time I did… it didn’t work.”

His grip towards her loosened a bit as Sooyoung watched it slowly slide off from her. “Wonnie…” He was making his turn to leave when she stopped him. “Wonnie, I’m sorry!”

His back profile facing her but she could feel that he’s crying. “The last time you did, it didn’t work because your love wasn’t as strong. But Sooyoung, I know you love me and I love you enough to be able to trust you and I hope you’ll do the same.”

“But Siwon—”

He didn’t let her say another word and instead took his leave. “I’m tired. I’ll leave now.”

“I’m sorry babe.”

 

 

---

 

 

It was another day of work. It’s only 2 weeks before the much awaited launch of their company together with Siwon. Everything has to be perfect and well done. Sooyoung went to the model’s changing area just to check whether everything is going smoothly. The sight of sketch pads, tape measures and clothes were scattered at every corner of the room while the designers were busy looking and talking with the models, stretching tape measures against their bare bodies. Sooyoung caught a glimpse of someone familiar. She went behind him and tapped him at the back. “Hello.” She greeted.

He turned to face him and heard Sooyoung gasped while covering her wide opened mouth. Changmin was at the top and was only wearing a boxer shorts. “Oh, I’m sorry.” He said as he notice the lady turning pinkish.

“I-I’m sorry for disturbing. I j-just want to greet you.” Sooyoung stuttered, letting her eyes wander around except for the body in front. “I’ll go take my leave now.” She was about to walk away but Changmin held her wrist and upon realizing it, he immediately let go.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Uh it’s just.. I… do you want to grab some food? I want to treat you.” He asked. He can feel himself sweating.

“There’s really no need for that. But thanks.” She responded.

“But I insist. I really want to thank you for being so nice to me. It’s my treat.” He smiled and after a while Sooyoung finally gave in.  It’s just a friendly date, Sooyoung. He’s just kind.

 

They drove off to some restaurant and upon reaching the door, Changmin opened it up for her and earned a ‘thank you’ from Sooyoung. He also pulled the chair for her which she found really gentlemanly. Changmin waved for the waiter and handed them the menu list

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter