The war is about to begin...

Playful Hearts: Twists & turns of fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER XXV

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Siwon  has been working closely since their company’s recent merge. The Fashion industry has been anticipating for a big comeback for the winter cloth line since it’s almost Christmas.  Not only that, but also because the two big fashion companies had collaborated so it must be a really big fuss. The couple was busy looking over some files containing sales profit, models’ portfolios, some proposed designs and layouts and budget summaries.

 

“Sooyoung..” Siwon called resulting an ‘mm’ as a response from the young lady who was still busy scanning through files there and here. “What babe?” She finally turned her head to look at him.

“You sure are a busy woman.” He said while holding some papers in hand. “What does your mom do exactly? I mean, CEO Choi. What does she do? It looks like the whole work is on you.” He asked curiously while trailing his eyes on the piles of papers.

“That woman?” Siwon seem stunned by her response. Sooyoung continued then. “That woman does nothing really. She’s actually of no use. If it’s not for me, this company won’t even grow to an inch.”

“That.. woman? She’s your mom, how could you—“ He trailed off.

“Mom? When did she ever became a mother to me? She’s just merely someone who makes my life miserable.” She explained but her eyes were still busy flipping through the files in some folder. “She’s a wicked stepmother.” He heard her chuckle lightly.

“Stepmother?!”

“Yeah.” The brunette looked at him with wide eyes. “You didn’t know?”

“You never told me, babe.” He said, pouting a bit.

“I’m sorry for that babe. I guess, I don’t really like talking about her.” She murmured, cringing her nose as if showing that she’s not interested at the current topic. “Let’s not talk about that now. We’ve got loads of work here.”

As much as the guy wanted to close the topic he was still curious about her family. After all, she’s her boyfriend. He needed to know. “Your... father?” He asked, a bit hesitant.

“He died.” She firmly said. “My father had a secret affair with an employee and that happened to be my biological mother.” Sooyooung dropped some papers down before continuing. “My dad. He loves me even though I was born out of sin.” She croaked and started tearing up.

“Oh so that explained that incident months ago..”

Her brows rose up. “What incident?”

“You know that incident after I invested in your company. The day after the party. Remember?”

“The one where you overheard me bickering with Mrs. Choi?” Sooyoung asked, remembering bits and pieces of the said incident.

“Exactly. So that explains why she was so harsh to you and—

She cut him mid-off. “And even called me a who clings to man like my mother? Harsh isn’t it? She hates me a lot.”

“She hated you because of your mother’s affair with your dad. But babe, you won’t mind me asking you this right?”

“What is it?” She asked as she adjusted her position at the couch to fully face him.

“How did your father died?”

She opened to answer but was a bit hesitant at first but she wanted him to know everything about her. “He died after my supposed to be marriage with Taecyeon.”

“How—“

“I actually tried killing myself and I almost fell 50-50 at the hospital after cutting a slash on my wrist. When he knew that, he had a heart attack and he died. It was my fault that he- he…” A tear rolled down her cheeks and Siwon pulled her close to him then patted her back. “Psssh.. that’s enough babe. It’s not your fault. Soo, stop crying.”

“I just miss him so much, Wonnie.” She mumbled at his chest.

The older guy her hair and planted a kiss on her forehead. “I’ll always be here for you, ok? Stop crying please?” He said looking intently at her eyes as he wiped her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter