Caught Red-handed

96 Days ㅡ the story

 

Mirae’s POV

I squinted my eyes as the morning sun light swept my two eyes that was still closed a moment ago. I saw a bright light coming from window, and realized that it was sunny outside. Is it morning already?

I bent my hands to the side, desperately trying to reach the clock that had been ringing since a while ago. I pressed the red button to stop the annoying sound, and took a glance on it.

“Ten?” I mumbled as I saw the short hand was pointing at number ten.

Well, if now is ten, then…

“Holy crap!” My eyes widened and I got up from the bed as quick as possible. I rushed out to bathroom, washed my face, thinking about what I'd dreamed last night that makes me wake up at this hour. I brushed my teeth while looking at my face that was reflected on the mirror, and that was the time when I just realized that I'd wronged myself.

I put my teeth-brush back to its place and gargled. I dried my face with the towel, then looked at another me on the mirror. Yah, Hwang Mirae. How canyou forget? Today is Sunday. S-u-n-d-a-y, when all school in this whole world has their day off.

I yawned and walking lazily to my room, thinking how could I be so stupid. I was about to cuddled myself with my bed, blanket, and teddy bear stuffs that I put on the bed, but I stopped to the smell of pancakes.

I rubbed my eyes. “Mom is here?” I asked myself and finally got up from my bed, this one for real.

I walked to the kitchen, but I didn’t find Mom there. Instead, there was one guy busily taking out some pancakes from the pan and put it on a plate. Wait, who is him? I think  I’ve ever seen his face somewhere…

“Oh, you’re here?” He asked as he saw me walking towards him.

I just nodded and sat down on the table. When I saw his face closed up, finally I remembered. He is Lee Minhyuk guy from last night that is half ghost and has a problem with death, love, ninety days or whatsoever. I thought it was just a dream but no, it was real.

He put the plate in front of me and said with a smile formed on his lips. “Try it.”

I looked at the pancake and I couldn’t lie that I wanted to grab them and shove it to my mouth. But no. He’s a stranger here. I shouldn’t trust him easily.

“I only put sincerity there.” He said as he saw me hestitating.

“Uh, okay.” I picked up my fork and knife then grabbed some pancakes and put it down my plate. Just when I saw the pancakes right before my eyes, I realized something was wrong.

“You don’t have honey or syrup?” I asked bluntly.

He laughed. “Well, just spread butter there.” He said and pointed at the butter that placed in front of me.

I huffed, but did what he said.  “But why are you cooking?” I asked, while munching the pancakes. Actually, I was really hungry this morning.

“Because I want to, and I’m hungry.” He answered, then took some pieces too.

“Ghost can feel hungry?” I asked again.

“I didn’t say I can’t.” He answered.

Seeing Minhyuk shoving a big size of pancake to his mouth,  I realized something again. “You lied to me.”

He turned his eyes to me, frowned. “What?”

“You said you can’t touch anything.”

“Well, I thought it was like that too, but no.” He replied calmly. “They said I can touch the things as long as I’m in your house.”

I stopped eating, trying to process the words that he said in my mind.

“Oh, I see.” I said briefly, and continued eating the small piece that was left.

Minhyuk turned to me. “You’re not surprised?”

I just shrugged, and shook my head.

“Not getting scared?”

I shook my head again. “Well, if that means you can help me cleaning and cook for me, that’s fine.”

I saw him scoffed and took a piece of pancake again. Well, it wasn’t that bad though, helping Minhyuk. At least, I won’t eat ramyeon everyday.

“But anyway, what will you do about–”

Ding dong, ding dong.

I heard the doorbell rang and glanced at the door.

“Mirae ah, we’re here!” One voice spoke out.

“Just come in.” I replied with a low tone that I was sure they wouldn’t hear. Well, they shouldn’t shout that loud since they already knew my password anyway.

“Who?” Minhyuk asked, rather surprised.

“My friends, the one that I talked about last night. We have a promise today and actually we–”

I turned to Minhyuk with my eyes widely opened. At the same time, he looked at me with the same expression I had, that maybe we were thinking about the same thing. No, wait. If he could touch things ONLY in my house, then did it means that...

“Don’t say that I’m visible here.” Minhyuk said, exactly the same with what I thought.

“That’s my words.” I said that to him, and without much thought, I quickly ran towards the door, hoping that they wouldn’t see this guy inside my house.

I was already a half way but hell, the door had already opened. I saw Daeun came in, along with her typical nagging.

“Yah! What kind of girl you are to wake up in this hour–” She stopped from surprise when she saw me, standing there blankly, with an unknown guy behind me.

“Unni, why you don’t move forward?”

Minhi came in rushedly, nudged Daeun to get her space to walk in. Not long after that, Minjung, Seunghyun, Hyunmi, and Seojin came in too. Same with Daeun, they all stopped, looking at me with a surprised look on their face.

“I don’t know you have a boyfriend?” Daeun asked, or said actually.

“Noona, are you cheating on me?” Well, there was Seunghyun with his senseless question.

I grabbed my head hopelessly as they were looking at me, with an expression that was really hard to describe. They stared at me, turned to Minhyuk, then turned to me again, demanding a reason. Well, I know it was still morning and they saw me with a guy, eating in my own apartmenet. Sounds weird?

“Okay, guys, come in first and I’ll explain.” I finally let some words come out from my mouth and told them to sit on the sofa. They just walked in cluelessly, still eyeing me with a frowned in their face.

I looked at Minhyuk who was as hopeless as I was. Ah, he just wouldn’t help.

“Okay, relax guys. I’ll explain everything to you.” I said, and in a second, all of their eyes were turned to me. I took a deep breath before starting. “This is Lee Minhyuk, and Minhyuk, these are my friends.”

Minhyuk bowed slightly and faked a smile.

“And yes, as you’ve thought, we are… dating.”

Just after I said that, all of them wowed and even Minhyuk, looked at me in surprised. His mouth formed a big ‘what’ and I stepped his foot just to tell him to follow my story. Just then, I felt like I was in the middle of press conference since each of them started to give me a question.

“Since when are you dating?” Minhi asked.

“One month ago?” I answered without much thought.

“But you never talk about this before.” Minjung added.

“That… actually I want to tell you earlier but you know, I’ve been busy these past weeks.”

“But still, you have to tell us even a bit.”

“I’m really sorry guys. I’m about to tell you today actually.” I told them another lie and gave them a sad look. They nodded and I thought they were starting to understand.

“Age?” Seunghyun asked briefly, showing a bit jealous.

“I’m turning 23 this year.” Minhyuk answered, still faking a smile.

Seunghyun just nodded and turned away. Seemed like he didn’t like it. Hyung, eh?

“How did you know each other?” This time it was Seojin who asked.

“Well, that…” I eyed Minhyuk bit he gave me a don’t know look. I thought about it for a moment and said, “Minhyuk is my mother’s friend’s son. Our parents introduced us on a meeting that time, and we’d been keeping in contact since then.” I sighed as I finish my explanation. Oh no, I’m getting used to telling lies, am I too good to be an actrees?

“But why does Mirae unni not call him with oppa? You’re dating, right?” Hyunmi that kept quiet finally asked a question. A wrong question.

“Ah… maybe it’s because we are only one year apart so I often forgot to call him oppa.” I answered as the excuse was flowing smoothly from my mouth.

Not satisfied, Hyunmi added. “My friends are in the same age but they call oppa and yeobo each other.”

Dang.

I was facepalming inside. But seriously, yeobo?

“Okay, I''ll call Minhyuk oppa then.”

“Ey, not romantic.” Hyunmi scoffed. Aigoo, this little girl can be annoying at times.

“Unni, I’m just curious.” Seojin spoke up.

I turned to her that was sitting beside Seunghyun. “Curious what?”

She seemed hestitating for a while, before she finally asked, “Did you... sleep together?”

Minhyuk and I coughed hard as we heard the question that I felt like it was the most unbelievable question that I’d ever heard. Me? Sleeping with this guy?

“Isn’t the answer too obvious?” I asked her back, trying to get her sense back.

Seojin just nodded. “Oh, you slept then.”

“Of course not!” I retorted, almost shouted. Why did everyone become like this?!

“Well, well, since you are starting to imagine some weird things, so… let’s talk about something else.” Minhyuk spoke up, letting out some awkward laugh, trying to help me get out from this situation.

Just then, Minhi patted her forehead and looked at her watch. “Oh, I forgot! The movie starts at twelve!”

“You’ll go to cinema?” I asked, and they nodded in unison. “Good then, I’ll join you later.”

Minhi scoffed. “I don’t know but I feel like this unni is purposedly kicking us out.”

All of them agreed. I was about to deny it to at least protect my pride but Minjung cut me off.

“Calm down, guys. We shouldn’t have disturbed the newly married couple.” She patted Minhi’s shoulder and told the rest to got up and went outside.

Even though I didn’t like the newly married couple term that she used, but I thanked her for making the others leave.

“I will call you later!” I said to Minjung before she closed the door. As expected, Minjung is the only one that I can depend on.

She nodded and smiled. “Okay. Tell your boyfriend to come too.”

I replied her with a yes and faked a smile until I was sure that they had already gone. I sighed hard, walked back to living room and threw myself on the sofa. “Uh, I’m tired.” 

“Me, too.” Minhyuk said,and sat in front of me. “Want me to give you a massage?”

“No, thanks.”

“For real?”

“Hm.”

“Why? I should take care of you since I’m your boyfriend now.”

“Urgh, shut up. I don't want to hear any more of that.”

“Well, you are the one who started it first, miss.”

“Okay, I'm sorry.”

I sighed hard in the end of our unimportant conversation and closed my eyes. Well, I didn’t know it will be this tiring. To make things up and cover it. Did I waste my time? Did I make a wrong choice to let him stay?

I ruffled my hair in confusion and mumbled. “Urgh, molla…”

“What?” Minhyuk asked.

“Nothing, I’m sleeping.”

***


Hello, everyone!
This is me, updating, ehehe *laugh awkwardly*
Maybe next time I'll make one chapter for each person, but I'm still not sure about this.
Don't hate me for being slow on updates //bow 
Your comments are precious, i love you OuO