Lips

Behind SM's doors

--Kai's POV--

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" someone shouted, waking me up from the trance. We both opened our eyes. A brief thought flashed in my head "Just kiss her quickly, now!" but I pushed it aside. I got her to stand up and looked around for the annoying intruder, only to find my best friend standing there, shocked and a little bit confused. I suddenly became conscious of what almost happened and I stepped away from her in embarassment.

Just a few minutes ago, I was giving Taemin a buttload of pain about my ex, and here I was, almost kissing another girl. He must've been really shocked at that. It seems. But it wasn't necessary of him to yell and intrude, right?

We three just stood there for a minute before Taemin crazily rushed to my side. But he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at the person beside me. I turned around just in time to notice her swaying clumsily and caught her before she reached the stone ground.

"Yubin-ah! Yubin-ah? Can you hear me? YUBIN AH!" Taemin was frantically yelling by her side. Sure, I was worried, but he seemed extremely freaked out and he was a very calm guy.

"Don't worry hyung, I'll take her to the hospital. You can go back to pra~"

"I WON'T TRUST YOU WITH HER. I'll take her. You can go." He snatched her from my arms and carried her away, while all I was able to do was stand there with a dangling jaw. He barely lost his temper, but what just happened now? And why do I feel like it should've been me that was supposed to carry her?

--Taemin's POV--

*Can't believe this is happening. All in one day. Crap crap crap! First, I get yelled at by my best friend's ex girlfriend in front of the girl I actually like, then yelled at by my best friend about his ex girlfriend and then catching him almost kissing Yubin? What if I haven't shown up? I shuddered at the door and ran as fast as I could to our van. After some trouble, I drove to the closest hospital, but I couldn't get out like this. People would see, it would be a big mess. Ahhhh what can I do???? I frantically searched for some cover in the van and luckily found a wig and glasses. Thanks Key hyung, you and your secret dates have helped me at last.
 
--Yubin's POV--

"back soon. Don't worry. I know the choreo already! Hyung I need to be here okay? Please hyung. Not asking you because you're our leader, asking you, because you're my friend and brother. Thanks hyung. I will do well, I promise"

I could hear this conversation, but I couldn't open my eyes yet. My head still seemed to be spinning, though I could feel a bed under me. Where am I? Whose voice is that? What happened?

I suddenly got a flashback. Me, rooftop, falling, and KAI. Oh my god, we almost kissed! My eyes fluttered open at the memory.

"You're awake? Can you hear me? Yubin-ah! Yubin-ah?"
I turned my head to see a familiar face. Was it Kai? Those lips looked familiar, but they weren't the ones that almost touched mine. I opened my eyes wide to see a strange man in curly hair and tinted glasses. But those eyes, they were penetrating me and I recognized the face - it was Taemin! sitting beside my bed, apparently, in a hospital. I opened my mouth slowly, but I couldn't speak. What the hell happened?

"Don't worry, I'll call the nurse or something. Just stay here" Like I could go anywhere, I thought, and tried to remember what happened. Did we kiss? Did I faint from the kiss? Then why is Taemin here?

"Ms.Yubin, hello, I'm your doctor." It was an older man with grey hair and black-rimmed glasses. "If you can hear me, please blink twice." I did as he asked. "Ok, then, we've got some test results back, and you seem to be anemic. It's not very serious, but it can lead to things like this, if you're not careful. It also seems you were a bit dehydrated to begin with. But please don't worry, it's not a disease you can heal completely, but it's not dangerous to your life."

I heard a loud sigh escape from Taemin's lips and I also felt relieved. I think my mother actually told me about this, she was also anemic and had trouble giving birth to me. It could've passed on, I guess.

"Miss, you'll have to eat now and rest for a day and night, then you can leave. But make sure to get advice from me before that, okay?"

I blinked twice, not knowing what else to do. He smiled and left.

My eyes then focused on Taemin. There were many questions I wanted to ask, but that had to wait as he hugged me tightly. I gasped at the sudden movement, but held still. I was apparenly still healthy enough to notice how nicely he smelled. Mild and sweet. I felt my eyes close and my mind go blank.

--Taemin's POV--

Yubin tensed up when I hugged her, but I didn't care. I wasn't good at expressing myself and this was the only way I could think of to let her know I was glad she was okay. I felt her tension go away and when I let go, I noticed she had already fallen asleep.

I caressed her soft cheek gently and my eyes landed on her lips. Those lips I wanted to touch that almost kissed my best friend.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's gonna get a little bit more complicated now. Sorry if it's slower than you want it to be :(