A Quiet and Shy Girlfriend

Chivalry and a Variety

Sigh. This is the worst. So far..
It hasn’t even started.

---~~~---

A little while ago…
"Kanako.. Kitagawa Kanako." She said.
"Kitagawa?" I asked. "Are you... by any chance.. Johnny-san's daughter?!" I stood up, panicking.
"Yeah." She smiled. 
"Oh god!" Face palm. Then I heard laughter. 
"You're so stupid! Of course that's impossible!" She continued laughing. 

---~~~---

What the hell is with her?! Who is she exactly?
I sighed again as I opened the door. I fell on the couch and turned the TV on. A drama was airing. Oh, Aiba-chan's in it. Good for them, they get to work while I'm stuck here, worrying how I'll live my life for the next few weeks. 

Tomorrow's the first day. I switched off the television.

---~~~---
 
"Ohayou~!!" Ha? What's she doing here? "Johnny-san told me where you live so here I am!" Before she could go in, I immediately closed my door. Hah, serves her right. Wait.. Ugh, she's whining. She sounds like a baby. I opened my door.
"Fine, fine! Come in!" I pulled her inside and immediately closed the door. I made her sit on the couch while I was just standing up. "What business do you have with me today?" I asked.
"Wow, chivalrous." She sarcastically said. "It's our first day today, as lovers." Lovers?
"
You do know that I'm just playing along with this, don't you?" I was just wearing an old shirt and boxers. I had no energy to dress up when she's here.
"Hm. Oooh, what's this~?" She stood up and went to my bookshelf. This is really annoying.
"You know what, I've decided." I raised my voice's volume a little. She stopped looking at my stuff and turned to look at me. "Starting today, you're my girlfriend right?" She nodded. "And you said you can be anything that I'll tell you to be for a week as long as I become chivalrous, right?" She nodded again. "The type of girlfriend I'd like you to be for this week is..." I trailed off as she waited for my next words. "A SUPER QUIET AND SHY GIRL." 
She looked disappointed. "That's boring." She walked back to the couch and sat down. "But, okay, fine." She smiled.
"Okay. I'm going back to sleep." I walked back to my bedroom. Then I stopped.
"Ehem." She coughed. I looked at her.
"What is it again? You're supposed to be quiet." I was annoyed.
"How can I be quiet if you're not following my conditions?" I sighed. Maybe if I do this properly, I can get out of this quickly.
"Would you like to have coffee, Kitagawa-san?" I bowed. I looked like a butler, rather than a boyfriend.
"Kanako." She said. "Call me Kanako, Kazunari." She smiled. I didn't really mind her acting all casual but I just hope she wouldn't be too bossy and impolite.
"
Kanako." I called her.
"Do you have juice?" She asked.
"Yeah." I walked to the refrigerator and got the pitcher of orange juice. "Would orange juice be alright?" She nodded and smiled. I poured the juice into an unused mug and placed it on the table in front of her. "Do you want anything else.. Kanako?" I asked her. She shook her head. Wow, she really became quiet. "I'm going back to sleep, is that okay?" I asked for her permission. This is definitely weird. 
"Kazu, thank you. You must have worked hard last week, go ahead and rest." She smiled shyly. Who the hell is this person? This is a totally different one!
"
You said so.." I head back to my bedroom. I lay down on my bed, closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep...
 
---~~~---

"Kazunari-kun! Here!" A little girl stood in front of me as she held out her hand.
"Misaki-chan, what is it?" The 7-year old me looked at her in confusion.
"A memento." She opened her hand and there was a small ring with a cross.
"A memento?" I took the ring and looked at it closer.

Then suddenly, my vision became blurry and my environment changed. I heard her voice.
"I'm sorry... Kazu." I could hear her voice but I couldn't see her. "Goodbye." Then I started hearing footsteps. And suddenly her figure started to appear, but it was fading, until she was gone..
"MISAKI!!" I cried.
 
---~~~---

"Eh, a dream?" I immediately sat up. I shook my head and looked at my clock. 3:30 p.m. I looked at my side table. There sat an old small ring connected to a chain.Memento. I never forget to wear this necklace every time.
 
---~~~---
 
To be continued~ ^__^
Hmm. Who exactly is Kitagawa Kanako? And what is this, Nino's past love, haunting him! Lol what do you guys think so far? 
 
By the way, this is actually Chapter 1. The 'chapter 1' there is the prologue..