Prologue: Some Kind of Joke?!

Chivalry and a Variety

 

"Eh?!" I shouted. I was in Johnny-san's office, only the two of us in the room.
"You heard me, Ninomiya." He was sitting on his chair, fixing some thick piles of papers on his desk. He wasn't looking at me therefore, I thought he was kidding.
"Johnny-san, how is this going to work out? How about all the events planned for me? I thought someone offered me a lead role in a new drama this season?" I started complaining. Going out? With a girl who's a complete stranger? No way.
"I told everyone that you'll be taking a break." Johnny-san opened a folder and looked at me. "We'll see when you'll be back for work again. Now, as long as the two of you will not be in very good terms, you cannot go back. Understand?"
Who am I to defy him? I simply nodded and sighed silently.
"You'll be meeting her today." I quickly raised my head as he said that.
"What? So soon? Where?" I was paranoid. I didn't know what to expect when I meet her.
"I don't know, I'll just send you a message later. You can go home for now." He started typing stuff on his laptop. I bowed and slowly left his office. 
 
I rode the elevator going down and headed to the basement parking place. I went in my car and drove home. I was organizing my thoughts while driving. A girlfriend? I'm not asking for one right now. And why did Johnny-san suddenly tell me to do this? Why me? Why not the other guys? Ugh, I can't relax!
 
I arrived at the building and rode the elevator going up. I arrived at the top floor, where my condominium unit is. I quickly grabbed my keys from my pocket and opened the door. I went inside. I fell on my bed and closed my eyes. Then I heard my mobile phone beep. A message from Johnny-san.
 
[ xxx Cafe. In front of xxx station. 4 p.m.]
 
I looked at the time. It was 3:35. I jumped out off my bed and looked down. I guess my clothes are okay.. Wait. I don't really care. 
I got my keys, wallet and phone and went to my car again. I drove to the place. I've heard of the cafe's name once or twice.. I got out and looked at my watch. A few minutes before 4 p.m. 
Wait a minute! I looked around. I don't even know the girl! How the hell will I meet her?
My mobile phone beeped again. From Johnny-san..
 
[This is her.]
 
A picture? He sent me a picture... I opened the file. What kind of joke is this? A girl who was wearing big glasses and her hair was in high pigtails. She wasn't smiling. Instead, she was making a funny face.
 
Will I just go with the flow or stop this joke? I looked around once again. A girl was sitting alone on a table. I walked towards her and slightly pulled down my shades. Her hair was down. She looked like she was wearing light make-up. If this is her, what an incredible transformation. She looked at me, then looked at her phone. I sighed of relief. I'd rather have all of this as a joke than actually have a girlfriend right after I broke up with xxx. 
 
"Omae." The girl said. 'Omae'? Ha? Who the hell does this girl think she is?!
"Excuse me?" I politely said and looked down on her.
"You are Ninomiya.. right?" She looked at me. Her eyes... I opened the picture again on my phone.  
"This... this is you...?!" I placed my phone right in front of her face. She nodded.
"Sit down." She crossed her legs. And raised her hand. "Waiter!" The waiter came as she called. "Iced Tea." She commanded. Wow, woman, say please.
"I'll have a glass of water for now." I said. I wasn't in the mood of ordering something else.
"Right away." The waiter left and went to the drinks. 
 
I looked at this girl. I don't know anything about her. I never saw her anywhere before. All I know is that she's really weird and she's impolite.
"Here, the contract." She placed a paper on the table and slid it to my side.
"Eh? Contract?" I carefully looked at it and there was only one line written. I silently read it.
 
[I will be a very good boyfriend and follow the conditions of my girlfriend.]
 
THIS IS STUPID. What a useless contract! Why the hell will I sign this?! This girl might just be making fun of me!
"So, go ahead, sign it. Then listen to my conditions." She said calmly. I looked at her.
"Fine, challenge accepted." I signed the 'contract' with her pen. While I was doing that, the waiter came back with our drinks. "So, what conditions?"
"You become a very chivalrous boyfriend." She smiled. Wow, her face can really change with her expressions.
"Chivalrous?"
"Yeah, like the most perfect boyfriend. Throw away your pride for me. Something like that." She said while biting the straw on her glass of iced tea.
"That's impossible." This girl is insane. "If I'm going to do something like that for you, what will you be doing as my girlfriend?" I asked her. I need something in return, her request was too much.
"You tell me." She said. Then she blew bubbles with her drink.
"Huh?" 
"I can be anything you want. But every week, you'll have to change your request." She giggled. I looked at her with a confused look. "For example, this week, you can ask me to be super clingy. Another week, I'll be super childish. Then the next week, you can ask me to keep seducing you or something like that." She laughed.
"What a bad joke." I sipped on my water.
"But seriously, it's up to you what kind of girlfriend you want me to be, each week." She said and played with the straw again. "We start tomorrow."
"Deal." I gave up. 
 
"By the way.." I looked at her picture on my phone again. "What's your name?"
"Kanako.. Kitagawa Kanako." She smiled. Kitagawa?!
 
---~~~---
 
To be continued..
Hmm. Tell me what you think after reading? :) Did you get the last part? ;__; Kitagawa, as in Kitagawa Johnny? 
By the way, I didn't know what names to put so I just put 'xxx' XD