Crime fighters! - Rattle the battle

Crime fighters!

Days went by without a single thing happening. The site where the battle happened was being carefully repaired. Different coloured trucks line the street with men in work suits who are plastering the buildings and replacing windows, on high ladders and platforms. Drilling noises and hammering fill the air along with the chatter of the people walking to work, shopping and many other daily routines. The city, despite being attacked, was already busy and populated. Cars and bright yellow taxis zoomed across the streets. It seemed like another quiet day, but this City is never quiet for long. Our heroes Elvin know this too well. Many times they have blasted villains back to their own planet but this time around the last opponent Soohyun said he would make sure they pay. What could he be planning?

Back at Elvin headquarters, Eli was resting on a couch watching TV with the remote in his hand. His posture was slouched and relaxed as he scratches his head. His lazy eyes glued to the TV programme. It was reporting the job well done by the local heroes themselves. Kevin cooked up some tasty pasta on the stove in the kitchen in the meantime. The two of them almost qualify as a married couple at how much Kevin takes care of him. Kevin never minded though. He was that kind of person, and a trusty sidekick to boot.

"Eli, your pasta is ready in a few minutes, turn off the TV and come sit at the table for once" Kevin pleads.

"Eh... fine, I'm coming now".

Eli presses the red off button on the remote, gets up from the couch with much effort and walks into the kitchen with a cool stride. He pulls out a chair and plants himself upon it. A hot steamy plate of pasta is being placed before him. Eli can't wait to eat it. They both take up their chopsticks and just as they are about to dig in. CRASH, something comes flying through the glass window and hits the floor beside the table. It was a small baby rattle, the ones that look like maracas. The two of them leaped up from their chairs. Eli looks at his pasta and then the rattle and then back to his pasta and lets out a deep sigh.

"Can't a man eat in peace?" he moans.

"What IS that?" says Kevin perplexingly.

"It looks like..." upon further inspection, he leans closer and says "a baby rattle?"

The rattle begins to shake and both of them step back. It then explodes into a crisp bright white light which sends Kevin and Eli to cover their eyes. As soon as they open their eyes, they have been transported to some strange looking land. The floor is pink and spongy but stained with what looks like blood. There is giant broken dolls heads scattered around the grounds against big stacks of giant building blocks with letters on them, all covered in cobwebs and scratches. Little mechanical rabbits and robots walk around even without being wound up as if they were possessed. Various giant broken toys and teddies spread throughout the distance, where it seemed like there was no end. The sky was a deep purple. Elvin gaze around and stare in awe, they have no idea where they are but they know this is a bad place to be. A creepy music box starts to play and Elvin know something or someone is coming.

"Eli, this place is giving me the creeps, who would own a land like this?"

"I would" A voice rings out above.

The heroes look up to see a short person standing on a stack of giant building blocks. His shoulders are hunched and his face had a smirk plastered on it. "Hello Elvin, glad you have joined us today" he says with confidence. "Us?" Elvin insinuates. "That's right, I am Dongho, the great puppeteer". As he says this, he pulls out two little wooden puppets from behind him, holding them up on strings, his hands placed beside his head and his shoulders still hunched. Kevin laughs.

"You think those little puppets are going to defeat us?"

"No, but the ones I am really controlling will, right behind you~" Dongho says while giggling.

Eli and Kevin turn around and jump back at full speed. Two very large,  massive puppets stand behind him, one resembles a clown. Its eyes are beady and black and it's holding a huge red hammer with a yellow star on one end. The other looks like a big green ogre, holding a huge metal spiked battle club. Strings are attached to each limb and head. The strings seem to go off into the sky as far as the eye can see. Dongho pulls up the string of the puppet to the left, it's arm lifts. At the same time, the clowns arm lifts, while holding it's giant hammer. Dongho then proceeds to move the puppets in a way to harm them. The clown goes for a hit and swings its hammer to hit them. Elvin doge the attack and start running.

"Holy crap, we have to think of a plan" Eli says.

"Let me distract them and you go after Dongho!"

"No, Kevin, that's too dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I will be fine, just trust me ok? Hurry and cut down those puppets that Dongho is holding, it's what seems to be controlling them"

Both of them nod in agreement and split up. Kevin pulls the pistol out of his boot while running towards the puppets and aims it at the clown puppets head. He shoots a bullet with a fierce bang, the clown swings his hammer and hits the bullet. A direct hit. It explodes but the hammer doesn't even have a scratch on it. Kevin starts to get worried, he glances around to look for an opening. The ogre is already gaining up on Kevin. Eli runs and jumps upon the array of dolls heads and blocks to reach closer to to the villain. Leaping from one to another, Dongho has already seen him and has started to run. Eli is gaining on him but Dongho turns and reaches into his pockets on his baggy pants and throws baby rattles at him as they explode like bombs. Eli manages to dodge them and uses his super speed. He pulls out a knife from his belt. While Eli was trying to catch Dongho, Kevin is doing his best to not get hit by the puppets weapons. He shoots again at the ogre this time, hitting his arm. It explodes off into wooden pieces. At the same time the arm of the little puppet Dongho is holding also breaks off.

"Ah, no, my precious puppet" Dongho squeals.

Dongho keeps moving his fingers like he is playing a piano, the strings attached to his fingers pull up and down causing the giant puppets to do the dirty work. Kevin shoots at the ogres leg this time, making it fall over with a massive clunk. It's big club weapon flies out of his hand. This is a chance for Eli to cut some strings. He gains up with the villain and cuts the strings of the puppet that has fallen with one swoop of his knife. It shimmers in the haze of the purple sky as it slices though the air. Dongho looks mortified as he screams, almost as if his heart strings were cut instead. The giant puppet crumbles.

"Kevin, catch!" says Eli, throwing the activated black box down to Kevin below.

Kevin swiftly catches the box and then he taps it three times. It once again grows into a giant cannon and he aims it at the creepy clown. He gets down on one knee and charges it. The clown turns and hears the charge sound, it begins to get closer. Its dangly legs speed up. Kevin nervously waits for it to charge fully. Finally when it's done, Kevin blasts the cannon at the creepy giant moving figure, and it hits it's weapon, but this time the cannon was strong enough to blast it into the next realm. The clown is now defenseless. Eli takes this opportunity to try cut the strings of the second puppet. Dongho has a pained expression on his face. He tries to flee but is grasping onto his chest. Eli slices the second puppets string stealthily and Dongho falls to the ground. "My... my puppets" He cries.

"My puppets are my life..."

Dongho starts crying like a baby. The clown has already crumbled into sand. Kevin dashes up to Eli and hands him his pistol. Eli gives a stern look at Dongho, aims the pistol at him and says "You shouldn't mess with us then" and pulls the trigger. Bang and Dongho angrily looks up at them with teary eyes. "Elvin, I was sent by Soohyun to kill you, don't think we are the last to come for you" he says as he snivels and weeps. The bullet then explodes and sends him back to the world of villains.

The land around them starts to crumble, it seems it was realistic hologram projected from Donghos mind. The heroes rush past the falling debris of the land as Eli opens a portal back to his city. They both jump through the swirling blue portal and arrive back in their own headquarters. As the portal closes you see the land completely disintegrates, and then it closes for good.

"Ahh god, im so tired" says Kevin, as they both try catch their breath.

"I'm kindaa worried about what Dongho said before he left"

"If more are comming we better be prepared for anything" says Kevin with confidence. "We will be fine, we are heroes afterall!" Kevin smiles at Eli.

Eli smiles back and sits on the kitchen chair. He notices the pasta is cold and there is now a hole in the window. "Good thing the community help pay for damage" He laughs.

Kevin laughs back and both of them rest for the day. Thinking about the last words of Dongho. Who will be next for them? How are they going to defeat them? Things like this swirled in their minds. They begin to prepare for what lies ahead.

 

AUTHOR: Oh hello there. I am finishing this chapter now. My fingers are dying :)  Hope you enjoyed this one, who will be next do you think? I have ideas for the next 2 or even maybe 3 chapters, so talk next time :D