Picnic

The Room

 

            “I have all the food together for our American picnic!” Kevin shouted happily as his mouth watered for the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches he had just placed into the basket.

            “Someone should call ______ and tell her to meet us in the practice room,” AJ stated to no one in particular without taking his eyes off of his phone. He had just bought a new app and was completely addicted to the game.

            “You’re holding your phone in your hand. You call her, Pabo.” Eli laughed at AJ.

            “But, Hyung!!” AJ whined, “I’m about to enter the castle!” He said as he feverishly tapped his thumb on his phone.

            Eli shook his head out of disbelief, reached into his pocket to pull out his cell phone, and dialed your cell phone number. “She’s not answering,” He said a few seconds later. “It’s going to voicemail.”

            “Are you calling her cell phone?” Kevin asked. “She probably can’t answer that at work.”

            “Good point,” Eli realized as he dialed the fashion department’s number. He immediately smiled after hearing your voice on the other line.

            “Brave Sound fashion Department. This is ______ speaking. How may I help you?” you sang in flawless Korean.

            “______! It’s Eli. You almost sound like a native Korean.” You could practically hear him smiling on the other side of the phone as he teased you. “We have our late night picnic ready.” Eli said in English. “Come up to the practice room.”

            “Hey! I’ll be there in a minute. I have to finish sewing the buttons on Hoon’s jacket. And thanks again for doing all of this. I’ve really been missing home lately.” You had just come to South Korea a little over two weeks ago to pursue your dream of becoming a fashion designer.

            “Sure. It’s no problem. Kevin and I have been missing America a lot since you came, and AJ really missed a good PB&J. It was a good excuse for us to make all this American food.” Eli said with a smile, and you giggled.

            “Well I’m glad I am a good excuse. I’ll be up in just a seco-“ Suddenly you heard Eli’s line shut off. That was weird, you thought to yourself.

“Ash. My blackberry died.” Eli shoved his phone in his pocket and picked up the picnic basket for Kevin. “That’s ok. She knows we’re waiting for her. Let’s go.” Eli said, herding the other two boys out the door of the kitchen. “She has to finish up Hoon’s jacket and then she will be on her way.”

            “Oh good,” Kevin said, clapping his hands together. “That will give us time to set out everything and make it pretty for ______.”

            “She’s not a queen,” AJ mumbled, still engrossed in his game.

            “But I want it to be perfect for her! She has done such a good job lately. She never sticks me with needles when she does alterations, and she alwa—OH NO!! I FORGOT A BLANKET!!!!” Kevin suddenly shrieked.

            “Dude, chill out,” Eli said, rubbing his ears from the loud shock of Kevin’s scream. “I can go grab the blanket we use when were tired between practices. I’m pretty sure it’s in the recording room.”

            “Oh my gosh, Eli, you’re a hero,” Kevin said hugging Eli.

            “And you are overdramatic,” Eli joked as he peeled Kevin off of him. “I’ll be there in a second. You two can go up with out me.” He said pushing the down arrow on the elevator. Once he got to the practice room, he quickly folded the blanket, put it in the food basket, and hopped back on the elevator for a ride to the second to top floor of the thirty-eight-story building.

           

Meanwhile, you had been sewing Hoon’s buttons at lightning speed. Darn these stupid buttons! They are getting in the way of me and my PB&J! you thought to yourself.  You finished as quickly as you could then grabbed your jacket and your purse and sped up the elevator. You were so excited about this picnic. Not only were you going to eat wonderful American food, but also eat it with three beautiful flower boys. Since you had not worked at Brave Sound very long, you were excited to get to know them. You were walking down the hallway to the practice room slowly, cherishing the excitement when you saw a light down another hall.

What’s that? you thought as you turned off your path to walk down this mysterious new one. The hall was extremely dark and long. The only thing keeping it lit was the dim light shining from the opposite end. I never knew there was a door here. I always thought it was just a wall considering that there is no handle… I’ll just take a quick peek inside. Ever so gently, you pushed it open enough to stick your head through and survey the secret lair.

            The room was made of a grayish looking stone. Looking to your left, you saw a queen sized bed with a white comforter that was neatly tucked into the corner. At the foot of the bed, the wall jutted out about four feet to separate the bed form the kitchen on the other side (though calling it a kitchen is very generous).  The “kitchen” was composed of a long dresser that someone built a sink into, a toaster oven, a candle with a few matches, a tall refrigerator, and a very small assortment of plates, cups, chopsticks, etc. Straight ahead, on the opposite side of the room from were you were standing was a large, rectangular shaped, slightly open window that started at the floor and ran up the wall about nine feet. It had ripped, raggedy curtains pushed to the side to let the moonlight shine through. It seemed that the curtains at one time were once thick and soft, but someone must have ripped them. Along the flat left wall there was a large porcelain tub without any plumbing and two tall, skinny doors that were separated by a small, broken, hanging, mirror.

            Wow. I never would have thought something like this would be in the Brave Sound building. It’s kind of creepy. You looked around the room one last time and were about to leave until something caught your eye. Is that what I think it is?!? You rushed over to the bed and picked up one of the pillows. This is a Hello Kitty pillow!! Oh my gosh, it’s so cute!

            “Whoa! What is this place?” you suddenly heard someone whisper behind you. Startled, you whip around and hit the voice behind you with the pillow. “Hey!” Eli shouted as he tried to shield the picnic basket from the attacking pillow.

            “Oh, sorry, Eli,” you giggled hugging the pillow to your chest. “What are you doing here?”

            “I was on my way to the practice room and I saw you turn in here. Is this your place? I’ve never seen it before.”

            “No. I just saw the light and wondered what was in here.”

            Suddenly there was a gust of wind that blew through the slightly opened window, and slammed the stone door shut. 

~~~~~~

My first story ever!!! WoOt! Please be nice to me as i try to figure out AFF ^^ 

I wasn't planning on sharing this story with anyone... I was just using it as a creative outlit. But i changed my mind. :) let me know what you think!