Eh? A New Student?

Being Alone

Ikuto opened his bento box that included a large amount of rice in one divider, with egg omelets and onigiri (rice balls) on the other for lunch. The students at TTJ may dress with a lot of effort, but their lunches would say otherwise. Their lunches looked like your everyday, average high school lunch.

"Ikuto, let me try some of your egg omelets!" his classmate hollered.

"No way, dude. You know that I only eat egg omelets made by my mom! I'm a mama's boy." Ikuto chuckled. His classmate pouted.

"Hey, so what do you guys think the new transfer student looks like? Do you think he's going to look like a celebrity?" a girl asked from the other side of the room as she chewed on her onigiri.

"I bet he's ugly." The other male student replied quickly that was sitting two seats behind Ikuto.

"I bet he's prettier than me!" Ikuto yelled. The class was silent for a moment and began bursting in laughter.

"Wow, I would LOVE to see someone prettier than YOU, Ikuto!" The same male student said as he wiped the tears off his eyes.

"You're right!" Ikuto began chuckling loudly. As the class chuckled with him, his laughter faded and he stared at all of them. His face looked exhausted. Once the class finished having their laugh, he quickly slapped a smile back on his face as if he were smiling the entire time.

It was soon the last class of the day, with only a few minutes left to go before the final bell rung. Ikuto, who is sitting in the front row, first desk to the left, was taking as many notes as he could, until he was interrupted by Mimi, who was sitting behind him. She poked him. He didn't respond. She continued poking him until he finally turned around.

"Hey, Ikuto.. After school, want to go out and eat with some of us?" 

"Uh.. Today? I might be busy–"

"Yo! You're ALWAYS 'busy'. Come on!" The boy beside Mimi whined.

"Well, homewo–"

"That's what you said last time, and we don't even have that much homework today."

"But–"

"IKUTO." Mimi began pouting.

"A..Alright! Where do you guys wanna eat?" Ikuto smiled.

"Woo! I'll pass some notes to the other guys!" The boy said.

"Uh, that's not necessary Kazu–"

"SH! I'm already writing." Kazu hushed him up almost immediately.

"Oh, woops. Sorry?"

"I'll text some of the girls, don't move." Mimi began texting behind Ikuto. As the two were busy notifying most of the class, Ikuto dedicated his whole body towards the window, only having his back visible to the class. He put his palm under his chin and let his face stay still that way. He put the fingers of his palm over his mouth and stared out the window. He didn't seem happy. Not annoyed either, but focused. Concentrating as if he were trying to think of something clever.

RING, DING, DONG!

"ALRIGHT CLASS. So you all know your homework, right? Pages.." Mr. Moriyama forgot the pages.

"YEAH, YEAH! We know, we know!" Kazu hollered, "We'll all have it tomorrow, now stop forgetting Mr. Moriyama!" The class all got up as soon as the bell rang. They were all chatting about where they were all going to go after school to eat. Even the students who didn't really go out as much were tagging along just because Ikuto was able to make it this time. Ikuto quickly stuffed his notebooks in his backpack and marched to Mr. Moriyama as the rest of the class were still packing up their things,

"Mr. M, can I have a word with you outside?"

"Uh, sure, Mazushima. Let's step out the classroom." Mr. M replied. They both walked out and closed the door. Ikuto smiled at him and told him that Principal Z was looking for him earlier this morning. Surprised, Mr. M went running for the office. Ikuto watched him run. Satisfied, he walked back inside the classroom finding all of his classmates trying eavesdrop near the door.

"Yo, what happened?" Kazu asked.

"Nothing much.. But he told me that I had to help him with some paper work after school.. !" Ikuto whined.

"..What?! Why YOU?" Mimi asked.

"He said it's because I was spacing out too much during class and that it's a fair punishment."

"That's not fair! Just skip it, he'll probably forget!" Another student yelled.

"Mr. M said he'd call my parents if I don't show up. Sorry, guys. Maybe next time?" He put his hands together, and turned his body back around. Mr. M was right behind him, running inside the classroom out of breath,

"Sorry, y'all. I forgot to get some of the papers I need to grade on my desk." Ikuto shut his eyes closed dramatically, as if his plan almost worked.

"Mr. M, you're no fair!!" Mimi said in an exausted voice.

"What?.."

"Yeah, why are you making Ikuto do paper work?!" Kazu asked.

"Paper work? Why would I have Ikuto do paper work?.." Mr. Moriyama looked confused. They all turned to Ikuto. Ikuto bit his lip, his eyes wandering quickly around the classroom trying to think of something fast. He turned to the class, but not looking at any of their faces,

"...O-Oh! You've changed your mind about me helping you do paper work? Right! Thanks, Mr. M! So this means I can go home early?!" Ikuto avoided all of their eyes and looked to the floor but talked in a confidently loud voice.

"Paper work? I thought Principal Z needed me.." Coincidentally, Principal Z walked into the classroom. 

"Good afternoon! I was just walking down the hallway and found a class still full of students when the bell rang about 5 minutes ago?" Principal Z smiled, "Why is there still a full classroom?"

"Principal Z! What did you need me for--" Mr. M was interrupted.

"PRINCIPAL Z! I'm here! You told Mr. M to give me paper work, so I'm here. Don't call my parents, please?" Ikuto turned to the Principal and mouthed the words, 'SAY YES... PLEASE.' Principal Z nodded confusingly. Afraid that the situation wasn't adding up, Ikuto quickly bowed to his classmates,

"Alright! I'll be off to the office now I guess? Yeah? Sorry guys!" Ikuto ran out the classroom. He ran as fast as he could, Principal Z smiled to the class and calmly walked out. She waited a minute, walking normally. After that minute, she immediately ran after him with amazing speed.

"MAZUSHIMA! STOP RUNNING. WHY DID YOU MAKE ME LIE TO THOSE POOR CHILDREN? YOU DELINQUENT, STOP!" Ikuto, still running, turned around and his eyes widened,

"MS. Z?! WHAT THE HELL? Oh-- Excuse my language-- But.. WHAT THE HELL? HOW ARE YOU CHASING AFTER ME? WHY ARE YOU? TEACHERS CAN'T DO THAT! AREN'T YOU OLD?! THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU LOOK LIKE A ." 

"I'm the coach of the Track Team!! But of course YOU wouldn't know that because you're like ALL of the students here, obsessed over fashion, so I wouldn't expect you guys to even know!" Ikuto still refused to stop running. This angered the Principal. After thirty seconds, she finally caught up to him and grabbed him by the back of his collar, "NO RUNNING IN MY HALLS, YOU DELINQUENT." Ikuto slid from his back and began to whine.

"Listen, I'll tell you everything maybe tomorrow? But not right now? Okay? Sorry, Ms. Z. I'm in a rush to get away from my classmates!"

"Oh NO, you don't. Hide over there under the staircase and wait for me! I need to give you a responsibility! Do this as a return for me covering for you in that classroom!" Ikuto quietly crawled under the staircase of the first floor. Principal Z flipped her hair and took a deep breath. She fixed the wrinkles she made on her suit from running, smiled like an angel, and told him to listen. Amazed but scared at the same time, Ikuto was speechless. He looked straight at her and finally had the courage to yell,

"Principal Z.. YOU'RE AN EVIL WOMAN. Who would expect someone to be so scary?.. You were a different person earlier this morning?" Ikuto began to fake cry, but he was pretty shocked. She chuckled to herself and told him to wait at least 5 minutes for her and if she wasn't back by then, he could go ahead and run for it. He agreed and there he sat, "Whoa.. She's CRAZY. And sorta scary.. She MUST be a demon.. I wonder why her name is Ms. Z.. Zeus? No.. An evil Zeus.. WITH ZEUS CALFS!" He imagined her with a muscular body under the suit she was wearing. He began choking from laughter, and quickly covered his mouth. He heard footsteps from the top of the staircase.

"Wait, so, Ikuto went to go fix some paper work?" Kazu questioned himself.

"But Mr. M said he didn't.." Mimi replied, "But then again, Principal Z said he did?.."

"Oh, whatever. Maybe Principal Z really did ask him to. I mean, she is the principal?" 

"Right! What a shame though.. He was almost able to come with us!" Mimi said in disappointment. The rest of the class was following them and agreeing. Ikuto slowly but quietly cralwed out under the staircase and said under his breath,

"Sorry, Principal Z.. But I can't wait five minutes.." And he then sped down the staircase. He ran as fast as he could, reaching the lockers towards the exit. He quickly opened his locker, switched his shoes and jumped his way out the opened doors. He looked back as he was running, he could hear his classmate's voices getting closer, and starting running in larger gaps. He hit someone without even knowing, and fell backwards.

"MAZUSHIMA. GET UP." Principal Z yelled, "Weren't you supposed to be waiting for me? You are a shame!"

"I'M SORRY, please forgive me!" He got up quickly rubbing his , "My classmates were RIGHT there, and I couldn't afford wasting much more time!" He bowed down for forgiveness. He noticed someone else's shoes next to Principal Z's. He looked up and saw a girl wearing a baggy grey sweater and blue skinny jeans. She was wearing normal looking grey sneakers, clean looking. She had long, straight, pure black hair with straight bangs as well. Her face was one hundred percent makeup free. At least that's how it appeared to look like. Her nose was small and broad, with her eyes looking pretty round and big. Her lips were small but a light pink color, which complimented her entire face. As he studied her, he looked at her as if he had never seen an average looking teenager like her in his whole life.

"THIS is the new transfer student who is going to start attending school here and is NOW a member of your class. I'm going to give her her new uniform for tomorrow, that's why she's here today. So starting tomorrow you will both be classmates. As a return for what I did earlier, YOU will be her sort of.. tour guide type of person? I'm busy with track meetings, so I won't be able to help her. It's easy, just get her used to the school for the next 3 weeks. Simple. I'm sure she'll appreciate it." Principal Z smiled. Ikuto's eyes widened. He stared at Principal Z as if he were suddenly tricked. But Principal Z's eyes pierced through his own as if telling him he'd better do it. Scared, he quickly looked to the transfer student.

"I didn't know you were a girl?.. We were expecting a male transfer student!" Ikuto laughed, "Well, I'll be your tour-guider-type-person for this school starting tomorrow! Pleased to meet you, my name is Ikuto Mazushima!" Ikuto put his hand out. Principal Z smiled and patted the new student's back,

"Just follow me into the building once your done with your introduction." Principal Z walked past the two. The transfer student looked at his hand and then looked at his face. Ikuto still stood there with his hand out, almost feeling nervous because she just kept staring at him. She then looked at the school building, then back at him. Ikuto's was still waiting for her to shake his hand. He began feeling uneasy. She looked at him straight in the eyes, and suddenly looked away with an emotionless face. She followed Principal Z to the building without even saying a word to Ikuto. Ikuto stood in the same position for about ten more seconds, flabbergasted at what she just did to him.

"She.. She just made me look like a fool, didn't she? Zeus lady is asking me to be HER tour guide? Tch. Not with that attitude.. What was that? Is she afraid of a hand or something?" Ikuto got annoyed and stared at her as she followed the Principal. He watched both of them get inside the building, "Starting tomorrow.. we're classmates? Not with that attitude, get real."

"IS THAT IKUTO?" Kazu yelled from the locker room, not being able to see Ikuto from afar, "IS THAT YOU, IKUTO?" The class of B-7 began to crowd around to go and see. Once Ikuto heard Kazu's voice yelling, he did not look back once, afraid that they will know that it's him.

"Crap." Ikuto looked straight down, and walked calmly out the gates hoping that they'd think it's someone else from their school. Once he got behind the gates, he dashed out the shool area, "Stupid transfer! This is what I get for trying to be nice and wasting too much time on her!"