"Goodbye, my love."

Let Me Love You

Jonghyun stood outside of Shin Ye's door, unsure of how he would have to raise the question. He squeezed the ring in his hands tightly, palms covered in cold sweat; nervous as he was unsure of how Shin Ye would react to the sudden decision he'd made. After taking a few deep breaths, he rang the door bell. 

Shin Ye opened the door and smiled widely as she saw her beloved at the door. 

"What made you come all the way here, baby?" Shin Ye asked. "Come in!" 

"There's no need to." Jong Hyun said, in a rather low yet serious tone. "Can we... break up?" 

The question strucked Shin Ye like a knife to her heart. She had expected to hear that question, someday. However, even though she had expected it to happen, it was all too sudden. 

"Why..?" Shin Ye asked, on the verge of crying. 

"I love Jessica. I'm sorry." Jong Hyun replied, placing the ring on to Shin Ye's palm. "Goodbye." he said, as he left. 

Shin Ye stood at her doorstep, crying. Tears ran down her face, some landing on the ring she held. The ring had been her and Jong Hyun's symbol of them being together. It was a symbol of their love. She closed the door, and cried softly. 

-

The next day at school, everyone knew of Shin Ye and Jong Hyun's break-up. It was heartbreaking to see Shin Ye in her state. Although she seemed to be happy outside, acting fine all by herself without Jong Hyun, only one person knew how she felt deep inside. 

Shin Ye, who always used to have lunch with Jong Hyun, ate alone that day. She sat on the roof top, staring into the horizon. Her sandwich was left untouched, laying still beside her. She stood up, and began walking towards the edge of the roof. She looked down and thought, would I die if I jumped down from here?

Out of nowhere, she felt a strong grip on her waist, and the next thing she knew, she was pulled backwards into somebody's arms. 

"You weren't thinking of jumping down, were you?" The voice asked. Shin Ye could feel the person's heartbeat. It was thumping quickly.

The person let go of his grip, and faced Shin Ye. It was Onew, the class president. He had always been popular, and had many girls chasing after him. 

"W-Why are you h-here?" Shin Ye asked, tears unknowingly flowing down her cheeks. 

"You looked like you needed a hug. I figured I had to do it." Onew said, smiling. His smile was so wide it made his eyes look even smaller than before. "Let me love you. I'll do better than Jong Hyun." Onew continued.

Shin Ye stood, shocked, unable to believe what she'd just heard. 

"A hug isn't enough?" Onew asked, looking at Shin Ye. "How about this?" He said, as he leaned in, planting a kiss on her lips. 

There they stood, in that position, for a long time.

-

"I hope Onew will bring you more happiness and shower you with a lot more love than I could have." Jonghyun whispered, spying at the two from a corner. 

A teardrop ran down his face, as he turned and left.