Night 553

A Little Too Late

  

                Yixing quietly sat in his chair, with an untouched cup of a latte in front of him.

                "What the hell do you think you're doing, Zhang Yi Xing?" A voice shouts.

                 Kris.

                "Sunmin just quit! She's leaving Korea!"

                Yeah, I know.

                Kris runs towards Yixing and holds him by the collar of his shirt, hands trembling.

                “Yixing, you don’t understand. You have to listen to me, you can’t let her go. She…She’s your girlfr-”

                "I know."

                “What?”

                Kris starts to calm down, unable to clear the clog in his mind.

                “Did you guys really think that I wouldn’t recognize her? The girl that I have loved for years…”

                Kris was speechless. Unable to decipher the words in his head.

                Yixing lets out a bitter laugh.

                “You don’t get it. You can’t understand how I feel.”

                A silent pause fills the café

                “I don’t have the right to chase my love for her anymore. I’m…worthless. Without my sight, I wouldn’t even be able to protect her!” Yixing’s body shudders, turning his head towards Kris. “Yi-fan Ge, do you know how that feels like? The point where you just hate a part of yourself but no matter what you do, it will never go away.”

                Kris felt his fingers go cold, as if his blood stopped circulating.

                “You’re an idiot.” He mumbles.

                 “She loves you for who you are, Zhang Yi Xing. She…she’s not like any other girl, she doesn’t need to protect her, to pamper her with sugar-coated meaningless compliments. She…just wants to be with the one she loves.”

                The café is soundless. There was nothing in Yixing’s mind except for images of you. Are these memories really enough to keep himself happy? Or did he want more?

                Yixing stands up, heading towards the entrance. With his hand on the door, he turns to Kris’ direction.

                “Yi fan Ge, can I ask you something?”

                Kris looks up, surprised to give a reply but Yixing takes his silence as a yes.

                “Why didn’t you ever confess to her?”

                Yi Fan widens his eyes, then quickly resuming his usual stoic expression, but his cheeks were colored with a taint of dark pink.

                 “I recognized those eyes when you first saw her, it was the same expression as mine.” Lay lets out a small smile, “You love her as well, don’t you?”

                Kris hesitates for a while, thinking of an explanation. But when he looks up, Yixing was already gone.

                “Wait!” Kris bolts out the door, chasing after Yixing. The snow was falling thickly, blurring his vision. “Dammit! Zhang Yi Xing! Where are you?” Running to the end of the block, he sees Yixing’s figure standing on the other side of the crosswalk.

                Kris looks out to see Yixing get on the bus, with an expression hard to decipher.

               “Because she would never love someone else but you.” Kris laughs to himself.


                The door is banged on for the second time today. It was obvious who it was.

                “Ge, I told you. I’m not changing my mind.” You yell at Kris while folding your clothes.

                “It’s me.”

                Your eyes widen at the voice. It wasn’t Kris, it was Yixing.

                You want to run to the door and wrap your arms around him, but using all the willpower in the body, you fight the urge.

                “What do you want?”

                “I want to apologize, Sunmin.”

                Opening the door, you face Yixing who’s still catching his breath.

                You quickly wipe the tear stains running down your cheeks, facing him.

                “I’m listening.”

                “I was wrong. Those words I said…they were rude and stupid. I shouldn’t have judged you like that.”

                “So why did you?”

                “Because I wanted you to stay away, by hurting you. Which…was clearly the wrong decision.”

                “That…doesn’t make sense, Yixing.”

                Lay takes a deep breath and looks into your eyes. At that moment, you felt as if he was really looking at you with regret, with sorrow, with love.

                “親, I know it’s you.”

                It was the nickname that Yixing used whenever you two had a fight. More than you’d like to admit, sometimes, sweet words did release the anger in your body.

                “I knew it from the start.” He chuckles, “You may be able to change the pitch of your voice, but you can never change the sound of your laughter. The laughter that I would be able to recognize from a mile away. The laughter that rings like morning church bells in my ears.”

                “Yixing…” You move your hands to wipe the rolling tears, but Yixing holds your hands into his and cups your face.     

                “At first, I was delighted with you being beside me, making me laugh with every little action of yours to conceal your identity.” He smiles, letting out a small chuckle. “But I was afraid to tell you that I knew, afraid to go against my heart and tell you to leave, afraid to make you cry.”

                “Then don’t.” You whisper, “Don’t push me away anymore. Please.”

                Looking distressed, Yixing calls out your name.

                “I’m no good for you.” He mumbles, hands slowly falling from your cheeks. You hold his hands close, tightly than you can imagine.

                “Look here Zhang Yixing, there’s only one person in the world that can decide what’s good and what’s not for me, and it’s myself.”

                “No, listen to-” You shut his mouth by giving a quick peck on his lips. Yixing’s face flush with red and surprise, causing you to snicker. A grown man still blushes at a kiss from his ex-girlfriend. How could you ever possibly let this precious man go?

                “Do you think crying all night, not eating full proper meals, lie in bed filled with regret is good for me?” You ask playfully.

                Yixing’s face looks serious, as if he was thinking very deeply about your question. “Well...I guess…not. But don’t you understand?” He frowns and whispers, “You will live with the burden of taking care of somebody blind. You don’t want that, I’m just going to hold you back and…you won’t be happy. ”

                You look down, closing your eyes.

                “Yixing, you are my happiness.”

                He looks at you, stunned at your confession. Unlike your usual non-initiative self, you close the space between the two of you.

 

 

 

                And Yixing finally kisses you back, pulling you closer to him.

 

a/n: im so sorry i haven't updated for ages...but I've finally decided to come back and make my account active :D hehe this story is going to end soon which means...new stories for me!! please subscribe to them :) Thanks for all the support guys, comment/subscribe! ^_^