Mine

That Awkward Moment When (You Figure Out You're in Love with Your Best Friend)

And here's the usual speel...

This is based off of Kironstree's MAMA: Eclipse, link can be found here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/172345/mama-eclipse-exo-kaihan-krisyeol-chenlay-baekhun

"Mine" originally started out as an extension of Ch. 18 of Kironstree's story and I wasn't planning on posting it, but look how that turned out :P the things I do when I should be sleeping/doing homework...haha :) So it turned into my version! Hooray!

It's kind of a combination of the legit chapter and a rough draft kironstree first showed me that was absolutely different from the current chapter :)

If you haven't read MAMA: Eclipse (and even though I say this every chapter if you haven't you should cuz it's pretty cool :D), then this is pretty much an alternate to Replaced. In other words:

         Se Hun is in love with Baekhyun.  Of course, he doesn't want to admit that.   But he is.  Which is why he gets super pissed when Chanyeol starts cozying up to Baekhyun because a) Se Hun wants Baekhyun all to himself and b) Se Hun doesn't like Chanyeol.  Got it?

        Chanyeol goes to Baekhyun for comfort because they used to be childhood friends before Se Hun came into the picture.  Right before this, Kris and Chanyeol have , but in the morning Kris is gone, leaving Chanyeol devastated.  Completely conflicted with his feelings, he goes to Baekhyun for help, despite the chance he will be driven away.

Alright!  Read on! (Or don't I guess, it's your choice :) )


Baekhyun was fairly certain that Se Hun was avoiding him. 

Three things made him think this.  First, Se Hun had shot down his invitation to hang out yesterday.  Second, he hadn’t gotten a single text, call, or anything from Se Hun since school had gotten out.  And third, Se Hun had practically run in the other direction when he’d seen Baekhyun that morning.  Okay, maybe the third one was an exaggeration, but the three events combined were reason to investigate.  So he shoved his untouched homework into his backpack (he hadn’t been able to work because he had been too busy worrying about Se Hun), grabbed his car keys, and drove over to Se Hun’s house.

His first clue that something was up was that the door was unlocked.  Se Hun’s parents’ car wasn’t in the driveway, and Baekhyun knew that Se Hun got so paranoid when they were gone that he always locked the doors.  With a frown, Baekhyun opened the door and walked in, because Se Hun’s parents never cared if he came and went.  After a short search through the house, he found Se Hun lying on the couch in the living room, his biology book open and abandoned on the floor and a blanket tucked around him.  Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile.  He looks so cute when he’s sleeping.  But Baekhyun knew that if Se Hun spent the night on the couch, he’d be sore the next day, so he knelt down next to his friend and gently nudged him.  “Se Hun.  Wake up.”

Se Hun made an “ngh” noise and blearily opened his eyes.  “Oh.  It’s you.”

“Yeah, me.”  Baekhyun moved to brush Se Hun’s bangs out of his eyes when they flopped in his face.  “Are you okay?”

Se Hun jerked away from Baekhyun, and Baekhyun noticed for the first time that Se Hun’s cheeks were flushed.  “I’m fine,” he said curtly.  “What are you doing here?”

Slightly affronted by the response, Baekhyun said, “I was worried.  Are you mad at me?”

“Of course not,” Se Hun replied, voice dripping with sarcasm.  “Why would I be mad at you?  You just made everything the same as it was before.”

“What on earth are you talking about?” Baekhyun said, bewildered.

Se Hun smiled maliciously.  “I replaced Chanyeol, before when you guys were friends.  And now you’re going back to him.”

Was he delirious?  “Nothing you’re saying is making sense.”

“Really? You must have a really bad memory then, if you can’t remember what happened yesterday morning.”

What?  Baekhyun tried to remember.  What had happened yesterday?

Chanyeol.

Oh.

Baekhyun looked down guiltily, even though he technically had nothing to feel guilty about. “You saw that?”

“‘Course I saw it.  You replaced me with Chanyeol.”

He rolled his eyes exasperatedly.  “I didn’t replace you with Chanyeol.  And you didn’t replace him.  The only reason I was talking to him yesterday was because-”

“Because he and Kris ed and now he’s having an identity crisis, I heard,” Se Hun cut in.

“Oh.  Well yeah, and he didn’t have anyone else to talk to about it.  So he came to me.”

“Yeah whatever.”  Se Hun stood up, wrapping his blanket around himself.

There was an awkward silence.  “So where are your parents?” Baekhyun asked, getting up as well.

“They went out.  I came home early because I wasn’t feeling good.  Why are you still here?”

Baekhyun frowned.  “Because I was worried about you.”

“There’s nothing to be worried about.  I’m perfectly fine, as you can see.”

“You just said you were feeling sick.”

“I can take care of myself.”

Baekhyun crossed his arms.  “Why are you trying to push me away?”

“Because you’re trying to replace me!” Se Hun yelled.

Okay, Se Hun definitely had to be sick, because he never got mad at Baekhyun like this.  “You’re such an idiot,” Baekhyun said, stepping forward and pulling Se Hun into his arms.  “I’m not trying to replace you.  No one could replace you.”

Se Hun was silent, and then he said, “Let go of me.”

Baekhyun flinched internally at the rejection, but he let go.  Se Hun turned to walk away, but he tripped over the edge of his blanket and proceeded to fall to the floor with a yelp.

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asked, kneeling down on the floor next to him.

“I’m fine – ow.”  Se Hun turned his hands upward, and Baekhyun saw that one of Se Hun’s palms was bleeding from catching himself when he fell.

“You’re bleeding,” Baekhyun stated.

Se Hun lifted his head to practically glare at him.  “No .”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and got up, holding out a hand to help Se Hun up.  “Come on.  You should get ointment on that.”

Se Hun gave him a look that said off, but he somewhat begrudgingly took Baekhyun’s hand and let Baekhyun lead him to the bathroom.  Baekhyun took the first aid kit out of the medicine cabinet and took out the antiseptic gel.  Se Hun winced when Baekhyun gingerly dabbed it onto his palm.  “You’re an idiot,” he said after a long silence.

“You seem to be saying that a lot today.”

“Are you still mad at me?”

Se Hun was silent for a moment, but then he finally said, “I guess not.  Your explanation makes sense.  Just…the thought of it hurts.  Of you replacing me with Chanyeol, I mean.”

“I’m not going to replace you with Chanyeol, Se Hun.  No one could replace you.”

“I know.  You told me.”

“Yeah.”  Baekhyun finish putting the bandage on Se Hun’s palm and tossed the wrapper in the trash can.  “There you go.”

“Thanks.”  Se Hun studied his palm for a moment, and then looked up at Baekhyun with a grin.  “All better!”

Baekhyun chuckled.  “Yeah, all better.”

Se Hun smiled almost dazedly at him.  “So Baekhyunnie, do you like anyone?”

Yep, definitely sick.  Se Hun was always sporadically switching moods when he was sick.  “I don’t know.  Why would you ask that?”

Se Hun giggled and shook his head.  “I dunno.  So you don’t like anyone?”

No, I like you.  “I don’t know, I-” Baekhyun’s eyes widened when Se Hun suddenly started taking off his clothes.  “What are you doing?”

“Taking a bath,” Se Hun said, as if it were the most normal thing in the world.  He seemed to have forgotten the topic they’d just been talking about as he proceeded to take off his boxers and drop them on the floor with the rest of his clothes.  Even though he’d seen Se Hun before (Se Hun sometimes made him help him take a bath when he was tired), Baekhyun still felt his cheeks burning as he thought Don’t look down, don’t look down.  Se Hun turned around, smiling much too innocently for having just stripped in front of him, and Baekhyun couldn’t help raking his eyes down his friend’s body.

Before Baekhyun knew exactly what was happening, Se Hun was wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s neck and leaning their heads together.  “Come take a bath with me, Baekhyun,” he whispered, pressing his body against Baekhyun’s.

Se Hun’s forehead felt hot against his.  “Se Hun, you don’t want to do this,” Baekhyun mumbled, even while he lifted a hand to caress Se Hun’s cheek.

“Yes, I do.”  Se Hun smiled mischievously.  “You know why?”

“Why?”

Se Hun leaned forward so that his lips were next to Baekhyun’s ear.  “Because I can.  Because you’re mine.  Not Chanyeol’s.  Mine.”

Baekhyun just stared at him, unable to come up with something to say.  Because really, there was nothing he could say.

Because the words were kind of true.

Baekhyun let Se Hun pull off his shirt and undid the button on his jeans before stepping out of them.  He hesitated when he stood there only in his boxers.  There was no turning back after this.

He let them fall to the floor.

Se Hun grinned this secretive little grin as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around him.  “Come here,” he murmured in a low voice, taking Baekhyun’s hand and leading him to the now-full bathtub.  Baekhyun climbed in first, letting Se Hun sit half on his lap and half between his legs.  He wrapped his arms around Se Hun’s waist once more, holding him close in the steaming bathwater.  Neither of them said anything for a while, and Baekhyun could tell that even in his fever induced delirium, Se Hun could sense that the situation was awkward too.  Finally, unable to stand the silence, Baekhyun said, “So.”

“So.”

“We’re actually doing this.”

“Yeah.”

More silence.  Se Hun spoke first this time.  “You don’t have to do this, you know.  If it makes you uncomfortable to be with me like this, I’m not forcing you to.”

“I know you’re not.”  Baekhyun hesitated, and then leaned down and pressed his lips softly to the back of Se Hun’s neck.  “I want to.  I want to do this with you.”

Even though he couldn’t see his face, Baekhyun could imagine the smile on Se Hun’s face, the one that only he ever got to see.  “Okay.”

They sat there a little while longer, than Baekhyun shifted Se Hun off of him a little bit to start helping him take a bath.  After he poured some shampoo into his palm, Baekhyun reached up to gently lather it into Se Hun’s hair.  Se Hun let his head fall back as Baekhyun ran his fingers through Se Hun’s hair.  When he was done, Baekhyun gently guided Se Hun to rinse the bubbles out of his hair, filling the bath water with suds.  He pulled Se Hun back into his arms, resuming their former position.  Se Hun leaned his head back against Baekhyun shoulder, and Baekhyun could smell the shampoo in his hair.

I think I love you.

Now if only he were allowed to say the words out loud.

They sat in silence for a little while longer, and Baekhyun could feel his heart pounding from Se Hun’s close proximity to him.  His mind was racing.  What was Se Hun to him?  His best friend.  A crush.  A love interest.  How was Baekhyun supposed to know?  Everything that had been happening was making him suspect that maybe-just-maybe Se Hun could be interested in him too, but what if their being together ruined their friendship?  He didn’t want to lose him.  He couldn’t lose him.

But Se Hun interrupted his internal monologue because he suddenly said, “I don’t really hate Chanyeol and Lu Han, you know.  Well, maybe Chanyeol a little bit now because of what you guys were doing.  But I don’t really.  I just…I hate how they can be themselves and love who they want to.  Because I can’t.”

Baekhyun adjusted his arms around Se Hun’s waist, his chest paining a little at his words.  So Se Hun did like someone.  Even so, he said, “Who says you can’t do that?  No one can stop you.”

Se Hun turned around to look at him.  “Have you seen how people react to Lu Han and Kris?  They’re even worse than me sometimes.  I can’t put up with that.”

Realization hit.  “Se Hun, are you gay?”

Se Hun turned away to stare at the wall in front of him.  “I don’t know,” he said quietly.  “I keep trying to tell myself that I’m not.  But I think I have feelings for someone that I shouldn’t have feelings for.  I don’t know if I’m necessarily gay, because he’s the only guy I’ve ever liked, but I have been thinking about it.”

“Do I know this guy?”

“Yeah.”  Se Hun didn’t look up.  “You know him.  You know him really well.”

“Well, who is it?”

Se Hun twisted around in Baekhyun’s arms to face him.  “I’d tell you, but I think you already know,” Se Hun whispered, staring into Baekhyun’s eyes.  Baekhyun stared back at him.  Neither of them did anything for a moment, and then Baekhyun tightened his arms around Se Hun and kissed him.  Se Hun didn’t react at first, but then Baekhyun ran his tongue over Se Hun’s lower lip and Se Hun let out a soft moan.  He let his lips part and Baekhyun’s tongue met his.  Se Hun moved to wrap his arms around Baekhyun’s neck and deepened their kiss.  When they finally broke apart, both gasping for air, Se Hun leaned his forehead against Baekhyun’s and whispered, “It’s you.  It’s always been you.”

Baekhyun didn’t respond, he just pulled Se Hun’s lips back to his and kissed him fervently.  This time Se Hun kissed him back right from the start, and Baekhyun pulled Se Hun flush against his chest, and even that wasn’t close enough. 

I love you.  I’m so in love with you.

He only realized he’d said the words out loud when Se Hun pulled away to look at him.  Baekhyun wasn’t sure whether his face was flushed because he was sick or because of what they were doing.  “You love me?”

.  “Sorry.  I shouldn’t have said that.”

“No, I didn’t mean…I…” Se Hun shook his head quickly.  “I-I love you too.  I think.  I think I love you.”

Baekhyun felt a smile spreading across his face.  “Really?”

Se Hun nodded in response, and Baekhyun kissed him again.

And again.

And again.

Baekhyun didn’t know how much time passed.  But when the bathwater was getting cold and their skin was getting pruney, Se Hun pulled away and asked softly, “Doesn’t this mean you’re going to get sick too?”

“It’s worth it,” Baekhyun murmured, pressing a final kiss to Se Hun’s lips.  "As long as I get to kiss you."