Chapter 6

Coffee Shop Prince

 

sorry for such the long delay guys! Just started junior year so its super busy :( :( 

STAY WITH US AND I PROMISE WE WILL KEEP FEEDING YOUR HUNGER FOR KYUHYUN <3 <3

********************************************************************************************************************************

 

YOUR POV

It’s a new day, you realize as you walk down the street. You woke up on time, even managing to slip a quick shower in instead of falling asleep. And thank god, ‘cause it was the most relaxing thing ever.

I’m never even gonna see him again. You think, walking down the street. Kyuhyun, or “kyushang” (and that one makes you laugh, honestly, how did he even think of that) has a full-time job, career being an idol. And you’ve read enough trashy tabloids and websites to know there’s no way he can do both, so here ends the charade.

Well, it was nice, for a bit. And I have his number. You stop in the middle of the street, eyes widening. Your hands search for your pockets, fumbling until you raise your phone to your eyes. Kyushanghyundude is in your inbox, 1 message recieved.

What.

“MISUN-SSI!” You scream, barreling into the coffee shop. You probably scare the out of the few loiterers, barging in at 5 am. It wakes them up, that’s for sure, and they blink at you as if coming out of a nightmare. Or into one.

“Yah!” Misun-ssi snaps, glaring at you with a cloth in her hands. “Stay quiet, you!” She says, and you immediately feel ashamed.

“What is going on?” She asks as you approach closer. You hush up, though on the inside you’re wailing. He gave me his number, his actual number, I HAVE KYUHYUN’S NUMBER, and HOW DO YOU KNOW HIM, DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS, MISUN-SSIIIIII~~

“It’s nothing.” You say quietly, as she quirks an eyebrow at you. “Sorry.” You apologize quietly, and she clicks her tongue at you.

“Aigoo. You are a strange one.” You duck your head, blushing, and she titters some more.

“Nayoung-ssi, you talked with Kyuhyun yesterday, yes?” You nod once, hesitating for only a second. Well, looks like Misun-ssi knows who he is. Guess he didn’t tell her that he didn’t tell me.

“So?” Misun-ssi asks, suddenly leaning forward. You startle.

 

 

“Hmm? What is it?” You ask. She frowns.

 

“My Jung-su-ah. Would you like to meet him?” There’s a glint in your eyes, and you suddenly remember being told about Kyuhyun’s friend, Misun’s son. You’re putting the pieces together as Misun-ssi is reaching underneath the counter-Oh. Oh .

 

You feel strangely calm as she hands you the slim leathery folder, gulping at the characters embossed on the cover.

 

“Now, you just have to meet him, alright? This is just to see, he’s very handsome, my son. Come, just one meeting.” Misun-ssi winks at you and you smile back weakly, reflexively clutching the folder to your chest.

 

“Here, go take a seat and look and I’ll bring you your coffee.” She shoos you away and you go to a nearby table. When you look up she’s staring at you, so you quickly turn to the folder.

 

Seon is what the cover says, and again you swallow deeply. You thought those had gone out of style a while ago, but apparently you were wrong. It is a marriage offer. Or at least a request for a meeting. That can turn into meetings that can turn into love turn into marriage turn into babies ohmygod I need a drink.

 

“Nayoung-ssi?” Your head snaps up to see Misun-ssi staring down at you, clearly puzzled. You stammer for a second, before accepting the coffee. She gives you an encouraging smile, and you stifle a groan as she goes back to the counter.

 

Okay. Okay. Calm down. All we have to do is open it up, take a quick look, then return it and tell her it’s just not what we’re looking for right now. Okay? Okay.

Steeling yourself, you quickly flip open the folder. You take a sip of coffee and peer inside and-HOLY .

 

Park Jung-su.

 

Misun-ssi’s son.

 

That’s Leeteuk’s face. WAIT, HOLD UP. You lean in closer, trying to chalk it all up to hallucinations but nope, that’s definitely Leeteuk, that’s Leeteuk. Park Misun-ssi’s son is Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk is beaming at the camera, casually sitting in a chair while wearing a formal suit, one leg resting across his knee. His information is written underneath, his birth name, height, weight...It’s like he’s a prized cow. Written next to career is entertainment industry, and you snort a little at that. You also take a moment to eye the figures next to annual income, before snapping yourself out of it. Well played, Park family. Well played.

 

You’ve calmed down a bit now. That actually explains a lot. Yes, why Kyuhyun knows Misun-ssi and vice versa. Why he had been working at the coffeeshop in the first place. Yes, I’d like a side of fanservice with that coffee, thank you...

 

You sigh at Leeteuk’s picture, closing the folder and staring blankly at the table for a while. So, I just got offered Leeteuk’s hand  in marriage. For a brief second you have a mental image of Leeteuk gliding down an aisle in a wedding dress, and hysterical giggles almost burst out.

 

You know better though. The seon is when parents matchmake, but it’s always up to the people themselves to reject. And now I will. You stand up to go break the news to Misun-ssi, the ringing of the door behind you vaguely registering.

 

“Misun-ssi...” She beams at you as you walk forward, and you wince a little. You honestly love the woman, and you really want to let her down gently.

 

“Good morning!” Someone chirps from right behind you, so close you can feel their presence at your back and you whirl around, surprised. You are face to chest with Kyuhyun, and he grins at you, cheerily repeating his greeting with little bow.  

 

“G-Good morning.” You stammer, bowing and taking a step back. Your spine knocks into the coffee bar counter.

 

And then Kyuhyun spots the folder in your hand and his smile disappears. You bring it up to your chest and his eyes track the movements, zeroing in on the Seon with such shock that you feel yourself go red with embarrassment.

 

You turn to Misun-ssi and go to hand her back the folder but she’s already got your bagel, pushing it into your hands. You dig around for the appropriate change, juggling the folder and bag in one hand before you find your wallet in your pocket. Getting the change out also proves to be a difficulty until you realize you can just put some things down on the counter. You blush again, feeling embarrassed as they wait for you patiently, and you pay quickly, glancing at your watch as you do so. , when did it get that late?!

 

“I’ll come by later.” You promise Misun-ssi quickly,  thanking her for the coffee. You grab your things from the counter and sprint out the door with a hasty goodbye to the KPOP Idol that for some reason you just blew off -- God I just ran to go to my job rather than spend some time with the guy I’ve been crushing on since I was a teenager. I’m turning into an adult! You think, almost horrified at the idea.

 

Misun-ssi is ushering Kyuhyun into the employee work room, thankful that no one is really around to get an eyeful of the superstar, and he goes without a word. He opens his mouth and closes it, a bewildered look on his face.

 

“Misun-ssi...that.” He stops himself, shaking his head. His brow furrows as he runs a hand through his hair, Misun-ssi already back to work.

 

You’ll be on the bus to work before you realize. An ahjumma titters at you, smiling conspiratorially and glancing at your lap repeatedly before grinning even wider. Resting there with your unopened bagel bag is Leeteuk’s Seon.

 

You run your hand down the leather, sighing. Then, angling the folder towards yourself, you open it.

 

You begin to read.