Chapter 1

Pinky Promise with Blue Sorrows

"Young master! Please get up. It's almost 9 o'clock!" The butler asked politely as she continued to knock at the door for the millionth times. Finally, she open the door slowly..."Young master?!!" 

 

Still, there was no respond. She searched everywhere but there was no one in sight.

 

"Ahhh!! He did it again!!" . She let out a deep sigh and  ran out of the room, pressing the big red button on the wall. "Young master had ran away again!! Find him!"

 

*******

 

"Woah! The air is so fresh! This freedom is awesome~ No bodyguards and no maids tagging me around. I can do whatever I want! FINALLY!" A young boy shouted as he stretched his arms up, losening the tension on his body.

 

"Let's see, what's today plan..." He pulled out a paper from his pocket. "Wow. Guess like it's a loooong list~ But oh well! I should accomplish it one by one...until they found me!" He smiled and got into the public bus.

 

*******

 

"YOONA!!! Why didn't you wash my clothes?!! I told you I need them by today!!" A woman in her mid-fourties bellowed with frustration.

 

"A- About that? I-I'm- I'm so sorry. Yesterday, I-I had too many work on hand... So many t-that I f-forgot about it" A  young girl answered with her eyes full of fear as she continued to bow.

 

"Oh? Are you trying to say that I'm giving you too much work? Are you trying to rebel against me?! How many times must I tell you to make sure you've done all the works that I had assigned before you sleep! Are you courting death?!!" The woman's face contorted with fury as she pinched the girl by her arm hard, causing her to scream. "Don't you dare to cry infront of me! Do you think I'm like other people?! Pitying you and loving you because of your innocent face?!! CUT THE ACT!" Her face had turned purple by now from all the shouting and she stormed out of the house, closing the door with a loud bang.

 

All that was left was the poor young girl slumping onto the floor and her muffled cries filled the silent and cold house... The sobbings went on for a couple of minutes and she finally got the courage to stand up. She stood up and cleaned the tears away with the back of her hand. She needed to fight for herself. She decided to run away from home...

 

This is my life... and will continue like this forever if I don't do something about it... Mum died when I was young and Dad remarried after two years... I was forced  to stay with my stepmum when Dad is not at home... She is a demon... Many a times, I wanted to tell Dad about her but I didn't want to cause him unnecessary stress. He's already working hard outside, trying to give me a better life... Whenever he's out for a business trip, I hoped he will come back early, but usually, he would only return after 2-3weeks... That's it. I would have to escape from her until Dad returns. But where could I go for these two weeks...

 

I keep crying and runing until I bump onto someone. AHH !!! I fell down and it hurts. My knee was bleeding.

 

Then, a hand appeared in front of me,' Are you ok?!! I'm really sorry"  I heard a boy's voice who seemed to be in a panic.

 

"G-Gwenchanayo! I should be the one to say sorry! I didn't watch where I was going... I'm really sorry. Are you alrights?" I asked him but didn't dared to look at his face. I found it to be extremely shameful to let a stranger see me in tears.

 

"Gwenchanayo...Ah! Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? I'm so sorry! I should have watched where I was going!" He caught sight of my crying face and was plunged into another round of panic.

 

"Gwenchanayo...It-It's not because of you!" I said, trying to force a smile, while enduring the pain on my knee.

 

"Your knee is bleeding! Come, let's get it treated." He saw my bruised knee and helped me up. I wanted to reject at first but the wound was searing pain. Hence, I allowed him to help me to a nearby bench and he even ran to a convenience store to buy a roll of gauze and antiseptic. "It's going to hurt a little. So, bear with it." He furrowed his brows as he cleaned my wound. It was as though he was hurting more than me. "Done~" He wrapped the gauze around my injured knee and let out a relieved smile.

 

"Kamsahaminda... It's just a superficial wound... You need not go to that extend..." I bowed in gratitude. Compared to those beatings from stepmum, this is nothing.

 

"That's why small wound would be inflamed. No matter how small the injury is, you should still treat it with care." He shook his head.

 

This brought tears to my eyes again. He sounded just like Dad. Dad had always reminded me to be careful and always treated my wounds with utmost care whenever I got injured.

 

"You know what? Sometimes, saying your troubles out is better than crying! If you like, you can share with me."

 

I looked at him with doubt. He seemed to be around the same age as me.. Oh. And is he alone too?

 

"Ahh! Right! I haven't do a proper introduction yet. My name is Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong... Let's be friend!" He smiled and let his hand out.

 

His bright smile touched my heart and he is so cute! He seemed kind and friendly too...

 

''Amm..Ok! Let's be friends. I'm Im Yoona. You can call me Yoong...My friends always call me that! By the way, are you alone by yourself?"

 

"Er... Yes. Actually,I ran away from home..."