Desolated Dawn

Nameless Story

Author's Notes. Aigoo! First chapter of my first NU’EST fic, I hope you like it. - Elyse ✿

- - - - -

Chapter One - Desolated Dawn       

“Unnie… what do we do now? Where do we go?” my younger twin sister cried in agony.

I myself didn’t have answers to her questions. I can only hug her, caress her hair and pray for a miracle to happen. Of course, that’s impossible but what else is there for us? Nothing, not a single thing except for hope.

An hour earlier, we received news that the vehicle that our parents were in got into an accident. They were severely wounded and were unfortunate to have their lives taken away.  It was devastating but I have to be strong for my sister and also for myself.

Our parent’s lifeless body rested peacefully on the hospital beds just right next door. I couldn’t bear looking at them. If I did, I would have lost all my tears and wouldn’t be able to cry anymore. It stung my heart; like a thousand needles poking it. As for my sister… she cried a waterfall. I wouldn’t blame her; after all, the feeling of losing your parents is very harsh.

I clutched my fist and bit my lip as I tried my hardest not to cry.  

Appa… Eomma… how could you leave us alone like this?

With that thought, I just let out the tears that I was holding back. My tears crashed down my cheeks unto my sister’s poor face.

“Unnie… it hurts! My heart hurts, Unnie!” she cried and cried. Her sobs also breaks my heart. It pained me to see my sister being tortured by her own emotions. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t help her or myself. I couldn’t do anything except let the tears continuously fall down. I tighten my hug on her and I tried to calm the both of us down.

“It’s alright Minyoung. It’s alright. Unnie is here for you. I won’t leave you.” I whispered repeatedly to her.

She eventually calmed down and fell asleep on my chest. I carefully let go of her trying not to wake her up. I called the nurse and ask her if I could excuse myself to call a relative. The nurse kindly said it was alright and I left the room.

I started walking towards the main desk but stopped in front of my parents’ room. I can’t see their faces or their bodies. It was both covered by a large white cloth sheet. I was afraid to go near them but I did anyway. I tried to approach them with a neutral face. I bit my lip as a tear fell down.

“Appa.. Eomma..” I whispered. “I’m going to take good care of Minyoung and fulfill your dreams. So please, look after us wherever you are.”

I closed my eyes and took a long breath. “Rest in peace.”

I left their room right after that last sentence. When I reached the main desk, I called my aunt her lived in the city next to ours. She was shocked from the news, anyone would. I told her I didn’t know what to do. I’m only sixteen of years and didn’t have a lot of privileges here in the United States. She came up with the conclusion that Minyoung and I will be sent back to Korea and live there for ourselves. She was kind enough to help us from our situation. I hanged up the call and went back to where Minyoung is.

“Minyoung-ah. Wake up, it’s time to leave.” I called out to my sister who started to rise from her slumber. “I talked to auntie, we have to go back to Korea” I informed her as her eyes widen.

“Mwo? Wae? We can’t stay here? We can’t stay where Appa and Eomma is?” she asked. I can hear her uncertainty through her voice.

“Minyoung… Appa and Eomma are no longer here.” I quietly said. There was a long pause between us and I could feel the gloomy atmosphere coming back alive. I think Minyoung still can’t accept that fact. “We have to support ourselves from now on.”

“Arasso…” she said in a shaky voice. I hugged her close to me.

“Everything will turn out fine. Auntie is helping us settle down in Korea.”

-

The next day came by pretty quickly. We were at the airport waiting for us to board the plane. It was only Minyoung and I because auntie had work. She only gave us instructions and money enough for a good month. I have the money my parents left but I don’t think it would be enough for a lifetime. Auntie said that she would send some money every month when we find a place to live in Korea. But even so, I would still have to find a job to help pay on Minyoung’s tuition fees. Yes, tuition fees.

She was against my idea but it was the only best choice there is.

flashback

“What do you mean? Why am I the only one going to the private arts and music school? What about you?” she screamed at me.

“I already told you! Eomma and Appa want us to graduate from a music school. At least one of us should go…” I replied trying not to scream back at her.

“Why does it have to be me? You’re a prodigy as well.” Minyoung kept screaming, she really didn’t like my idea.

“Please Minyoung… do it for Eomma and Appa. Do it for me as well.” I gave her a smile.

“I’ll do it… I’ll always work hard for Unnie.” She gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

She calmed down and cried. Life is unfair, but as long as you’re breathing, there’s always hope for a better day.”

end of flashback

Aigoo. We board the plane and took off to Korea. Starting from now on, things will be extra challenging but you have to keep moving forward Park Minhee. Whatever happens, don’t give up. Hwaiting…

- - - - -