One Shot

This is War

Youngbae wasn't really surprised when he woke up that morning to find that she had already left. Youngbae looked at his clock and noticed that she left (he guessed) before the sun had risen.

It'd be a lie if he said that he didn't want to feel Dara lying next to him, her dark hair cascading over pillows and her warm skin pressed against his body. He kind of wished she was lying next to him still sleeping now.

But here he was in bed after a night together and he was already having regrets about what he had done. What he had said this night.

Flashback

Youngbae took a deep breath. He could feel the blood rushing in his ears and his palms were sweaty. He sat up on one elbow and looked down at the girl beside him. He tried to think about what to say and nothing came to mind. He opened his mouth and says, "It was… A mistake."

The words fell out of his mouth and lay on the floor like a wet towel no one wanted to pick up. Youngbae tried not to see the disappointment in Dara's eyes.

"We shouldn't have—"

"I know." Dara smiled ruefully and pulled the sheet further up her chest. is still swollen and red, Youngbae couldn't help but notice with what should be shame.

“I’m sorry Dara, I don’t think it’s the right time to think about “us”… But I promise you that when she will be safe…”

“You’re speaking about her again and you’re saying you don’t love her?” Dara sighed as she sat up sleepily, “You can’t think about “us” because she’s always in your mind! I know you’d die to protect her. And I don’t know if you’d do the same for me.”

“D-dara…” Youngbae tried to reassure her but she didn’t let him the time to explain. He felt like a jerk speaking about another girl when he was with Dara, in a motel bed. Moreover it hurts him knowing what Dara was hurt because of him too.

“W-we should forget about this night, I thought we could be like before, become a couple again but I clearly thought wrong… Please stop making me think there is still something between us.” She stood up looking for her clothes quickly

“I care for you Dara…” Youngbae explained straightly. He wanted her to look in his eyes. To see his determination. To show her that he was honest with her. But she never looked at him.

“I know but enough to love me? Enough to stop protecting Chaerin and leave with me?” Dara challenged him even if she already knew the response. She felt egoistic and stupid to ask this too, it wasn’t her kind. But she was desperate, she needed to know if she was the only one believing in their love.

“Dara… You know I can’t do this.”

“You should take your time to clarify your feelings… I should do the same too, for our sake.”

End of Flashback

 

Another sigh leaves his lips as he thinks of her words.

“I’m taking the bus – Dara” he read the note which was left on the table.

Making his way to the bathroom, he felt his head swim with all of the images from the night before. They assaulted his mind viciously and he sighed wishing that he could change it all.

“I shouldn't… God… I feel like such a jerk," he mutters to himself as he turns on the shower making sure the water is steaming hot.

Youngbae knew that he was being an . Instead of facing up to his feelings, he would push the object of those affections away. It was his best and worst self-defense mechanism.

He had been in love with Dara for years. If he was honest with himself, he'd been in love with her since the first moment he saw her. But then he couldn’t help thinking about his missions, about her safety when he was with her. He had lost all his family after all, losing Dara was the last think he wanted.

Along with losing Chaerin.

Indeed, she had been his only friend when he was a child. And she had been the only one girl he knew also. She never really left his mind, Dara was right. And so it was inevitable to try to protect her no matter what. But was it love? Could he love two women at the same time? He didn’t regret what they did. He only regretted not being honest with Dara.

 

 

?

 

“I hope I’m not interrupting something… You know, between you and this girl!” Psy grinned standing outside of the caravan, waiting for Jiyong to come out.

Jiyong grabbed a shirt and buttoned it quickly and was reluctant to take his gun with him outside. Indeed, Psy wasn’t waiting alone. He came with five of his men, Psy wasn’t joking with security! Jiyong knew almost all of them. Most of them were criminals, thieve, murders they had already killed in their lives. Jiyong didn’t need his gun, one against ten, he had no chance to survive if they had to use guns.

“What do you want Psy?” Jiyong shot back quickly as he closed the door of the caravan behind him, leaving Chaerin alone and confused. He didn’t know her to be involved in his troubles, and the easier way was to say nothing.

 "Well, it's nice to see you too," Psy said a look of feigned innocence, approaching him, “It's been such a long time since we've talked," he said, his voice nonchalant, "I figured it was about time we caught up."

“Caught up? There is nothing to catch up!” Jiyong snarled. He kept his face a passive mask even if deep inside he knew that Psy was way more powerful than him. His men could jump on him at any moment if Psy wanted it. But he took the risk to confront Psy.

“Really? Do you think I’m a fool? Can’t you remember our little talk about our friend Teddy?” Psy asked emotionlessly looking over his shades, “I wasn’t joking this time.”

“Aish, I am busy right now, you’ll have to wait.” Jiyong retorted patting the back of his neck. He was surprised to find his throat constricted.

“I don’t think so. I’m the only one who establishes the rules. And I say that you’ll do your work quickly.” he said without preamble as he shrugged one shoulder.

“Why do you need me? Can’t you do this by yourself?”

“I need you because I know that deep inside you, you want to take your revenge on the man who caused your downfall, Teddy Park. I know you can’t forget your past, this moment of shame which is always bothering you, even in your dreams. I know this feeling and there is only way to heal. Revenge is not bad, it’s only a way to move on from your past. And I give you this opportunity.” Psy explained grinning as he was facing Jiyong. Jiyong fixed this man in black suit and tried to imagine all the most horrible things he had done in his life in order to become this powerful and crual.

Here was the perfect opportunity. Should he take it and risk getting caught or should he live knowing that Teddy was still out there. Jiyong stayed silent, not wanting to acknowledge the fact that he had always dreamt to see Teddy again and kick his . He had lost everything because of him after all, he ruined his life. Jiyong had some reasons. But killing him?

“And what if I say no?” Jiyong said hesitantly tilting his head

“If you say no…” Psy sighed resting his hand on Jiyong’s shoulder, “I don't want to have to hurt you, you know…  But I will if you say no. You know how I feel about cowards." He placed emphasis on the word “cowards”. There was anger in his eyes. But the anger did not mask the coldness of his frigid face.

"What are you so scared of?" he added as he wrapped his arm around Jiyong’s shoulders dragging him near his men who were waiting motionless. Jiyong didn’t resist. “Everyone hate Teddy, you’d be a hero killing him. And I wouldn’t like to hurt you and the little lady who’s living with you.”

Jiyong stopped walking as his eyes widened He lifted his head up and forced himself to meet Psy's smiling eyes as he realized what Psy had said.

“She has nothing to do with me” Jiyong whispered coldly but Psy smiled even more knowing that he had found one of Jiyong’s weakness.

“Maybe. But I don’t care!”

Anger boiled inside of Jiyong and he thought he might explode. He tightened his fist before he could control himself.

“If you don’t want to hurt her, kill Teddy. One life for another. On Christmas Eve, you’ll go in town and you’ll find Teddy Park. He always hangs out without his crew for Christmas Eve. And during the fireworks, in the dark, you’ll shot him. One shot.”

 

 

Hi guys! I would like to thank you for your supports and your comments! THANK YOU! Things are getting serious in this chapter, I hope you like it! And don't worry Sundara fans, Sundara couple is not dead^^