Motorbiker

This is War

Chaerin looked out discreetly through the window at the scene which was taking place in the land field.  There, was Jiyong facing some strangers. And looking at his expressions Chaerin could understand that he wasn’t pleased to see them. She knew who these guys could be, she had seen similar guys wearing black suits and shades in Seoul once. Gangsters, burglars, dealers… She couldn’t really describe what they were doing but by their appearance she only knew that this kind of guy wasn’t reliable. The best was to avoid them. Her father always told her that. The blonde haired woman sipped her hot coffee, and looked down.

But what was Jiyong doing with them?

Well, he was a grown man, and knew how to take care of himself after all. Plus, she had nothing to do with his life. But she couldn’t help being anxious. She happened to learn that Jiyong wasn’t that bad, he could be tough and gross sometimes but it was nothing compared to these men. He wasn’t like these guys in black, he had nothing to do with them. Dealing with them could only make troubles. What are you doing Kwon Jiyong? This was no small issue!

She secretly wanted to half open the window in order to hear a bribe of their conversation. But then she gave up, she didn’t have the right to spy Jiyong. So she just sat back on her bed in silent waiting powerless. This was what she had become. Powerless. Youngbae, Jiyong and even Dara were trying to protect her, giving their lives. But she could do nothing for them, it was so frustrating.

But then she heard car engines roaring outside. Jiyong came back in the caravan, closing the door quickly behind him. Chaerin frowned looking at him. He stayed silent as she had expected. She knew he wouldn’t share what had happened between him and these guys.

He walked silently keeping his eyes low not wanting to confront Chaerin right now. He knew she was staring at him at this moment, wondering what was wrong but he couldn’t involve her in this . If she could see his eyes she would see in his dark eyes desperation. Yeah, he was desperate. He just wanted to help Daesung at the beginning, he didn’t take his promise seriously at this moment. He couldn’t imagine that Psy would really want him to kill Teddy! He wasn’t like Youngbae after all, he wasn’t a hero, he had always been the coward one. Sure, he was still angry but could he kill someone? He was even trembling at the thought of it. Reaching the kitchen, he drank another cup of coffee, grimacing as he had forgetten that Chaerin had made it.

 

“Would you mind if… we had lunch in town today?” he finally spoke his throat a bit dry and hurtful

“R-really?” Chaerin exclaimed without thinking

“Deh. I need to do something important, you’ll stay with own of my friends in security.” He explained calmly as he sat on his bed, in front of Chaerin.

“But I thought you couldn’t go in downtown a-and if someone recognize me?” Chaerin asked quickly confused by Jiyong’s new behavior.

“Aish,” Jiyong sighed, “First, I can go in town, there’s no problem about it and secondly we’re just going to lunch in a deserted restaurant, nobody know you there! So?”

Secretly, Chaerin was eager to see Busan and its downtown. Indeed, she stayed almost two month stucked in this caravan, she just wanted to move now and see people! But Jiyong never wanted to let her visit the city. Yougnbae would scold them he said. So now that she had Jiyong’s approval she couldn’t say no,

“Okay then! But your car?” she quickly stood up looking for some warm clothes, “The last time to try to start it you failed!”

“You’re right…”  Jiyong grinned as he stood up and opened the door.

Gosh this man was lunatic! One minute ago he was mute and now he was grinning?! Chaerin thought.

“Don’t tell me we’re going to walk?” Chaerin retorted occupied putting on her one of Jiyong’s jacket as she went out to follow Jiyong, but then she stopped as she finally realized that they were not going to use Jiyong’s car or even walk…

 

“A bike? You know how to ride this thing? Even if I’m happy to go out with you, I want to live too you know” Chaerin exclaimed a bit anxious as she stared at the object in front of her.

Motorcycles were like death on wheels for Chaerin, and if you hit anything at all, you were almost certainly going to die a painful death! No way she was going to ride this thing!

“Yeah I had a motorbike when I was younger, this one is Youngbae’s one. It’s been a while since I used it. You don't trust me?" Jiyong stared at her, accusingly, she guessed.

Chaerin's mouthed a thin line as she tried to find excuses, "It's not that..."

“So why are you anxious, is it because you’ll have to hold onto me close, thigh against thigh?” Jiyong let an amused laugh as he started the engine.

“It’s not funny you moron!” Chaerin jerked crossing her arms on her chest. “I’m not fond of bike that’s all!”

The cold weather was getting to her now that they were immobile, and her jacket wasn’t enough to warm her. Just made her want to end the conversation as fast as she can.

"Gotta go, anyway. And don’t worry I won’t let you fall, promise. Trust me." Jiyong said calmly giving her a helmet.

Chaerin didn’t complain this time as she could see Jiyong’s determination and calm in his brown eyes. She could trust him. Jiyong then put on his helmet and swung his leg up over the bike and sat down. Chaerin sat behind him awkwardly.

Though Jiyong did have a trim frame, the broadness of his shoulders was all of a sudden apparent as her chest leant heavily on his back so that her arms could reach around him. Her left hand spread wide against his stomach as her right hand gripped tightly to her left wrist.

From neck to knee she was pressed against him making her uneasy. 

He revved the bike so loudly her head seemed to buzz before they moved from the landfield. Her whole body tensed around him as the bike began to move. At the first corner the whole world seemed to turn and spin, the only thing that was constant was Jiyong in her arms and between her thighs... Which was embarrassing her even more.

Her heart was almost beating out of her chest, her breathing ragged and deep compared with the measured expansion and contraction of the torso in front of her. She didn't know what road they were on she only saw colored metal boxes that registered as cars.

She could feel the wind becoming a burden against her arms and shoulders as Jiyong pushed the bike faster along the road. She pushed her arms further around him, her entire body pressed closer and harder against him than before.

It was exhilarating. She loved every second of it and dreaded its end. But after a series of a series of starts and stops, the motorbike came to a final stop; Jiyong turned off the engine and pushed down the stand.

Chaerin didn't know where she was. She held on tight to him her heart still beating fast.

"So, was it good rich girl?" Jiyong asked a rare smile evident in the sound of his voice.

"Mmm." she hummed in response, her grip around him loosening.

"Can you move? I can't get off if you're sitting there."

Chaerin thought she heard a slight tone of longing and disappointment in his voice, almost as if he didn't want her to move; but in her current state she couldn't be sure of anything!

"I...uh...I think so."

She braced herself against him attempting to move her legs. Her feet touched the ground and her legs began to give way, reminding her of the time she stepped from a particularly exhilarating rollercoaster. She practically collapsed against Jiyong, gripping hard to his shoulders in attempt to keep upright.

"Woah there!" he said quickly reaching out to her.

She breathed heavily against him until her strength began to return. Only then did she feel the warmth and weight of his arm around her waist steadying her, and as a bi-product holding her against him.

"You wanted me to faint or what..." her voice still sounded weak.

He grinned up at her, his eyes softened, "I’ll take it slower going back"

She nodded, one of her hands moving from his shoulder to unclip the helmet. She struggled and fumbled, her fingers feeling numb and clumsy.

Jiyong pushed her hips gently until she practically straddled his left thigh, before moving his own hands to undo the tight tricky clasp. He smirked, this girl was really something, always pretending to be careless and headstrong while in fact she was so vulnerable. It only made Jiyong want to protect her even more.

“Let’s go now, Bom noona is waiting for us” he said as he pulled the helmet from her head, her hair cascading over her shoulders in a wind whipped mess.