Found out

What is love

Note:

Year 2 - Hana, Jong In (Kai), Sehun, Sulli

Year 3 - Kyung Soo, Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun [I know Suho's bday is May and D.O is Jan, lets pretend Suho is born in Jan for this story]


 

“You’re late.”

I nodded my head as I twisted my hair up, clipping a ribbon on top to secure the bun. “Sorry unnie, I..er…something came up in school.”

Yumi sighed and patted my shoulder. “You look like you didn’t sleep well.”

I took my ballet shoes out and shut the locker. “You know, school work.”

Of course she knew that it wasn’t school work. “You dream again?”

“Something like that.” I said. “What are they doing now?”

“They’re learning the couple dance.”

“Okay. I’ll just slip in from the back door then.”

 

 

It was so embarrassing having Kyung Soo to witness me having nightmares. He let me hold his hand until I have fully calm down. He didn’t even ask me what happen. All he did was offer me a ride to the dance studio.

 

“Focus on the right leg, Jong In.” The dance instructor said.

 

Kim Jong In. I admit he really is a good dancer. He has proper technique, well control of his hands movement, flawless turns and landings.

But….does he still not recognises me?

I guess it’s easier that way. But it feels weird having him speaking to me so politely here and getting tease in school.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nim.” He greeted me during the break.

 

Sunbae-nim. Well, maybe I am, in terms of the number of years I’ve dance. But we are actually the same age.

 

“Just call me Hana.” I said. He gave me a smile and gulp down the bottle of water in his hands.

“Ne, Hana.” He said, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. “Cute ribbon, by the way.” He pointed at his head.

 

He finds the old grey ribbon that I got it for 2dollar cute? Jeez, he’s weird.

 

“Erm, thanks.” I said, turning over to the girls. “Shall we start?”

 

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo’s POV)~

 

“Hyung.”

“Hmm.”

“Have you ever had nightmares?”

Suho’s hands glide through the books on the shelves as he scans for the book he wants. “Yeah. We all do.”

“Okay.” I said softly.

 

I wonder what Hana was dreaming yesterday. All she did was apologise. I don't even dare to ask her what the dream was.

 

He stopped and looked down at me. “Did you have a nightmare last night?”

“Huh? Erm, no.”

 

He looked at me curiously before waving his hands towards him. “Now help me find these books.”

“You know, you can just go to the reception and ask. Or we could just ask Hana.” I said.

“Ah….” He nodded his head. “Of course. Anything to talk to Hana, eh?”

“Huh? No...I mean…”

He wriggles his eyebrows at me. I sighed.

“Why are you always doing this….” I muttered but loud enough for him to hear me.

He didn’t reply. Instead he pushed a paper into my hand.

“Here. Three books in total. You can give it to me tomorrow.”

“I…Where are you going?” I asked. He grabbed his bag from the floor and slings it over his shoulder.

He jabbed his thumb behind him. “Home.”

“You….!”

He laughed. “Hey, I’m giving you some time to spend with her. Don’t you want it?”

“But…You make it sound like as if she’s my real girlfriend.” I whispered, making sure that no one around us heard it.

“Hmm…isn’t she?” He said. “She’s nice. I don’t mind if you date her for real.”

 

Why is it that I feel myself blushing?

I followed him out and stopped when I saw Hana sitting on the top of one of the ladders at the bookshelves, trying to slot a book in.

I chuckled to myself as I watch her struggling.

“Hmm. Looks like your girl can’t reach the highest part.”

I sighed. “Stop saying my girl, my girlfriend, or…”

“Or what?” he grinned. “You know, I just realised something. The both of you are short, what a perfect couple.”

“Hey!” I hit his arm. He just laughed.

“Alright, enjoy your date. I’m out.”

 

I slapped him once more before walking towards Hana.

 

“Need help?” I yelled from below. She gasped and dropped the book, but I manage to catch it in time.

“Kyung Soo…” she breathes out my name, hands over my chest. “Don’t scare me like that!”

I smiled at her and motion her to come down.

 

 

 

-

“This feels familiar.” I said.

Kyung Soo laughed and slotted the book back with ease. Say…he isn’t that short after all.

“Really?” he said.

“Yeah.” I said. “With you helping me putting a book back into the shelves. Doesn’t it sound familiar?”

He looked down at me for a second before snapping his fingers. “Ah, I confess to you.”

 

“Erm yeah.”

 

How can he just say that word without sounding embarrass? It’s like it’s something normal to him. I started pushing the trolley of books to the next lane as he climbs down from the ladder.

 

“How are you?” he asked when he caught up with me.

“I’m good.” I replied. “You?”

“I..I’m good too.” He said softly. “I mean..you…er…you okay?”

“Yes! Perfectly fine!”

 

Okay, I know I didn’t have to say that but those words just came out from my mouth.

 

“Okay. Glad to hear that.” He said as he took a book from the trolley and started flipping the pages.

“Oh!” He said as if he remembered something. He took out a piece of crumpled paper from his trousers pocket. “Can you help me find these books?”

I took the paper from his hand and scanned through the list. “Hmm.. You like poetries?”

“Really?” His eyes rounded as stick his head right next to me. “Are these poetries?”

“Yeah….Isn’t this yours?”

“No, it’s Joon Myuns’.”

“Ah…It’s at the other corner. I’ll be right back.” I said, pushing the trolley with me. “Just stay here or something.”

He smiled and put his hands in his pocket. “I’ll come with you.”

 

 

 

-

“Do you need a ride to the dance studio?”

I shook my head. “There’s no practice today.”

“Oh. Do you need a ride home then?”

“It’s okay.” I said. “I’ll just take the bus.”

Kyung Soo nodded his head silently as we walked down the stairs.

 

I can’t even believe he stayed in the library and help me put back the books. Not to mention our hands brushed with each other the whole time when I passed him the books. He wasn’t even blushing or showing signs of being shy, he acted as if it didn’t affect him.

Maybe it’s just me. Oh well, his my crush. Don’t blame me for acting like that.

 

“You always wear a ribbon.” He suddenly said. I smiled as we walked down the now empty corridor.

“So you notice?”

He smiled. “Yeah. I’m sure everyone noticed it too. I mean…you hair, they look so complicated sometimes. How do you even tie them?”

“Oh, you mean those braids?”

He nodded his head with a slightly pouted lip.

 

Gahhh so cute! I just want to poke his lips! Oh gosh, control yourself Hana.

 

“Not really. Well, of course it is hard at first when you tried to do them, but you’ll get used to it.”

“Do you like…want to be a hair dresser next time?” he asked as we took another stairs down.

“Nah.” I laughed. “Actually…my mom always does my hair, and she always ties a ribbon with it. So I just….I…er….”

“You do it because it reminds you of her.” he finished off for me.

Our eyes met briefly and I turned away. “Yeah, I guess.”

We walked in silence again.

“Do you miss her? Miss them?” Kyung Soo asked softly. I nodded my head.

“Of course. Of course I do.”

 

 

But I’m not sure whether they’ll miss me or not.

 

 

We finally reached the ground floor after taking three levels down.

“Why didn’t we use the elevator?” Kyung Soo muttered. I just had to laugh.

“Great work out, huh?” I teased. He too laughed at me.

 

“Kyung Soo Hyung?” a voiced call. We both turned around to meet the owner of the voice.

My heart started pounding in my chest. Why was I so nervous to see him all of a sudden?

“Ah, Jong In.” Kyung Soo said.

 

He was wearing a brown t shirt and a track bottom. I don’t recall him being on the track team.

“What are you doing with her?” he asked.

 

Ouch.

 

No one knows about our contract relationship, well except for Suho. Before Kyung Soo could say anything, I decided to speak.

“He doesn’t know me.” I said. “We just cross each other here.”

Kyung Soo stared at me with his rounded eyes and his mouth was slightly open. I bowed at the both of them and turned around.

As I was heading towards the entrance, someone grab my arm.

 

“Wait.” He said.

 

I was spun around and my eyes met his. I sigh mentally. Does he have to pick on me right now? I even volunteered to leave.

 

Jong In didn’t tease me or said anything. Instead, his hands reached up and took my glasses away.

 

 

Holy shi….

 

 

He was shocked. “H-hana?” his said.

 

I quickly cover my face with my hands. Kyung Soo was looking at us with a dumb folded expression.

 

“Hana?” Jong In said again, his eyes never left me.

 

How did he know? How did he find out?

 

I felt his hand on top of my head and I reach out to grab his wrist on reflex.

 

Then I realised how he manage to find out.

 

 

 

 

I wore a bun today because I was too lazy to braid my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With the same 2dollar grey ribbon.