Contract

What is love

Mom, dad, are you watching over me right now? What a dramatic day, huh?

 

First, he offers to put the book back on the shelf for me.

Next, he claims that I’m his girlfriend.

And now, he’s helping me to get up on my feet while I just blankly stare at his parents.

 

His hands were awkwardly placed around me though.

 

I still have no idea what is going on. I saw Suho’s mouth moving and he looks like he was apologising to Kyung Soo.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked me in the gentlest voice.

 

Oh hey, I thought I died. I guess I revived.

 

I only manage to nod my head.

 

“Hmm. Impressive.” His father said. “We need to talk. Both of you.”

 

 

-

Kyung Soo exhaled deeply after his parents left. I offered to show them out the library but they refused.

Our eyes meet when I turned around. He cleared his throat and tugged his tie.

“I….I’m so sorry.” He said.

 

Oh don’t apologise. I just became my crush’s girlfriend. How awesome is that?

“What’s going on?” I asked calmly. “What were they talking about? What grandfather…”

“You don’t understand.”

“Make me.”

 

And so he told me. How they would marry him off and he lied about having a girlfriend when he had none. When his parents appeared he panic and just so happen I was there.

So I became his girlfriend, fake girlfriend to be specific.

“So if it’s another girl then she would had been your fake girlfriend?” I blurted out.

Opps.

He nodded his head slowly. “I’m sorry, I’m just scared.”

I walked over and sat on the chair opposite him. “Aren’t you supposed to leave?”

He asked for 10minutes to talk to me before meeting his parents at the car park.

“Oh right. Erm…I’m so sorry about this. Don’t worry, I’ll figure a way out, okay?”

“Okay.” I whispered, not sure whether he heard it or not. My stomach was having this weird turning and twisting feeling.

He was playing with his fingers, refusing to look at me. Wise choice or I might squeal again.

 

“You’re Hana, right?” he asked. I nodded my head in return.

“Okay… Hana-shii, please don’t tell anyone about this okay? Keep it as a secret between you and me.”

 

‘You and me’he said. I cover my mouth with my hand pretending I was coughing but in reality I was grinning like a fool.

 

“I…er I have to go, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.” He bowed at me a few times and dashed for the door.

 

Did he say ‘see you tomorrow’?

 

 

-

“Do Kyung Soo.”

The boy trembles upon hearing that voice. His grandfather was sitting behind his desk in his room looking up at him.

“You’re an interesting boy, don’t you think so?”

He did not respond. He hung his head low and stare at his feet on the ground.

“Is she really your girlfriend?”

Kyung Soo swallowed hard. “Y-yes.”

His grandfather shifted his attention to Mr Do. “You never mention.”

“He…we just know about it, father.”

The elder tapped his fingers on the table. “What do her parents do?”

Kyung Soo closed his eyes and tried to recall what did Hana told his parents earlier in the library.

“Her father is a teacher in Seoul National University. Her mother is a housewife.”

His grandfather nodded his head slowly. “Hmm, impressive. Nice choice.”

He finally let out his breathe that he has been holding on, thinking he may have convince the old man to stop the engagement.

“100 days.”

The boy froze with his eyes wide open. “S-sorry?”

“100 days.” His grandfather repeated. “I myself will judge this secret girlfriend of yours. If she is not worthy, the engagement will go on.”

“I…”

“You may leave now. Both of you.”

Kyung Soo was dragged out of the room by his father.

“A-aboji…” he pleaded. His father turned around and grabbed his shoulders.

“I will ask you one more time. Is she really your girlfriend?”

Kyung Soo stared at his father with his rounded eyes.

“I was once your age son. Don’t you dare lie to me. To us.”

He didn’t know what to do. But he nodded his head.

His father sighed and released him. “Okay.” He said, rubbing his temple. “Your grandfather will not be kind to these things. You better be prepared. The both of you.”

 

 

 

-

“Erm…Can I help you?”

Suho smiled at me, earning a few screams from some fan girls. And of course, some glares from them too.

“Are you free now?” he asked. I took a book from a boy in front of the counter and scan his card.

“Not really. I’m still on duty.”

“Ah.” He said. “But I need help finding a book.”

“I’m…busy. I’m sure they won’t mind helping you.” I said, pointing to the girls that were busy drooling over him.

He smiled at them politely and then back to me. He slipped a paper into my hand and said, “I’ll be sitting on the table near the corner over there.” He pointed at a certain direction. “Come find me once you manage to locate the book.”

I scroll open that piece of paper and found nothing that looks like a book title or author’s name.

 

Kyung Soo will be waiting for you there. Come over once you’re done.

 

 

-

 

"In every living thing there is the desire for love."

-D.H. Lawrence-

 

 

I know it’s rude to stare. But I just wanted to see what is written in that piece of paper that has been in his hand for quite some time.

I clear my throat loudly and the both for them turned their heads around.

Kyung Soo quickly crumple that piece of paper in his palm in stuffed it in his pocket.

“Did you manage to find my book?” Suho smiled at me. Why do they give him the nickname guardian again?

I had three books in my hand, so I decided to play along.

“Here it is.” I said, putting on the table as I sat opposite him. Kyung Soo wasn’t even looking at me.

“So…..?” I asked.

Suho held his hand up and pushed a piece of paper to me.

“Is this… a contract or something?”

He gave me that angelic smile that he always wears. I turned to Kyung Soo and tapped the space in front of him. “You wrote this?”

He cleared his throat and pointed his thumb to Suho. “He…erm…w-we…”

 

His stuttering. So adorable.

 

I sighed and read the piece of paper in front of me.

 

Rules to oblige:

1. Do not tell anyone (including your parents) about being my fake girlfriend.

 

 

Hmmm parents. Yeah, I didn’t mention they were no longer here yesterday.

 

 

2. Only use skinship if necessary.

 

I’ve never even thought of that.

 

 

3. Only call or text me if I do so.

 

“I don’t even have your number.” I said. Kyung Soo scratched the back of his neck and looked at me. “I..I’ll give you later.”

 

I’m getting his phone number! Yay!

 

4. From now onwards, you have to attend every family event with me.

 

“Family event?" I blurted out. "But...."

He stared at the piece of paper. “My..my grandfather wants to meet you and…he gave me 100days…”

“100days?” I asked.

“Uh….yeah…to know you and…”

Suho cough slightly before taking over. “He wants to see whether you are eligible to be his future wife.”

Kyung Soo shoved him hard in his chest. “Yah!”

 

Did he say future wife?

 

“It’s not like that!” he quickly said to me.

 

This is seriously complicated.

 

I looked back at the piece of contract. “Erm…this isn’t really valid. There is no date and you didn’t say when the contract will expire.”

The both blinked at me like I was speaking gibberish.

“Law class? Erm, nevermind.”

“Ah.” Suho suddenly grabbed the piece of paper from my hand and started writing something. Kyung Soo leaned over to see but he blocked his view.

“Hyung! Stop adding stuffs!” he said, shaking his arm cutely.

 

 

The paper was passed back to me before he could catch a glimpse of is.

 

I was expecting more stupid rules but it wasn’t. All of a sudden I wasn’t feeling so well.

 

“Crush…” I said softly.

 

“Huh?” he snatched the paper away from me and read it. “Hyung!”

 

5. In the meantime, you must help me to get closer to my crush. Once I manage to ask her out, you will be free from this contract.

 

“What?” the not so angelic leader blinked at him.

 

So I have to help my crush to get closer to his crush so that he can ask her out. The thought of pretending to be his girlfriend right now makes me want to cry.

I never knew he had someone he liked. Oh silly, of course he does, even a nerd like me does.

I can reject his whole proposal, pretend this thing has never happen and I’ll be back to the days where I would just watch him from far.

But it’s Kyung Soo we’re talking about. Seeing him like this makes me want to give him a hug. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same thing too.

Oh well, at least I still get to spend some time with him right? Maybe he’ll fall for me and forget about his crush.

 

I highly doubt so.

 

“Who’s your crush?” I asked, trying not to sound disappointed. He started at me with that pair of gorgeous eyes.

“Er…” his ears are turning red. He must have liked this girl a lot.

“Are you helping him?” Suho asked. I sighed and took the pen from his hand and signed the contract. He gave the paper to Kyung Soo but he hesitated.

“You can back off if you…”

“I’m fine.” I said.

“You like adventure?” Suho asked. I glared at him.

After he signed it, Suho too pen down his signature.

“Alright. I’m going to keep this.” He said with a wink before getting up. “You two should start bonding.”

 

Seriously. He’s starting to get on my nerves.

 

“So…” I said after he left. “Who’s this girl we’re talking about?”

He bit his lip before whispering her name to me.

 

How could I not expect it was her? She’s everyone’s dream girl.

 

I caught him smiling to himself. Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to this thing.

 

 

Dear crush, do you know you’re crushing my heart?


OMG. MY FIRST PAPER WAS HELL ='(

anywoots, 4 more papers to go sigh.

i wrote this halfway and saved it in my draft last week, might as well continue it. (ok actually i have itchy hands heheheh) Sorry if this chap is boring, i'm trying to get the flow of the story. There will be more kyungsoo and you (hana) moments starting from the next chapter. let the drama begins!!!...........

after my exams... *cries*

thank you so much for subscribing and reading this story. and thank you for those who are willing to wait for me till i finish my exams =D

have a nice day! love~~~~