Love is Pain

Forever is Over

 

 

 

“Hey, our 12th grade school year is about to end in a month, don’t you have any plans?” a raven haired girl asked to the other girl sitting beside her.

“There’s nothing I can think of” the latter with a black shoulder-length hair replied to the inquirer.

There were no any conversations after that. They sat in eternal silence, as if the two of them do not sit side by side.

“Krystal, do you believe the rumors about... Hmm, how do I say this? Rumors about me liking you…?” this time the former inquirer roared in laughter as if a great joke was cracked.

“Hahaha, why, is it true?” she traced the face of the latter with her index finger and added, “Is it true, Yi Yun?”

The girl called Yi Yun held Krystal’s wrist tightly, her once calm eyes begun to give an aura of anger. Her friend was taken aback from the sight.

She never expected such a reaction from her best friend, for all she knows she’s the calmest person she befriends with.

“Sorry,” she let go of the girl’s wrist and said, “I shouldn’t asked you that. As expected, you’ll just laugh. Sorry”

She dashed out of the place without bidding goodbye to her friend, her heart was pounding with pain that she can’t think rationally resulting her to sprint to wherever place she can go.

The raven haired girl sat at the same place, still confused and dumbfounded of the previous scene.

Just then her sister came and said, “I never thought you’re much dumber and denser than me, Soo Jung”

The younger girl snapped out of her trance and replied, “Shut up, you should be comforting me by now!”

“Why would I? You should know that everyone is not born to comfort you. C’mon, stand up now and look for Yi Yun. Don’t be like me, don’t be a , girl”

The younger girl hissed but nonetheless followed her older sister’s advice, with that, she ran towards the direction where Yi Yun went.

It was quite some time before she managed to find her friend. The next scene she saw was painful, almost like thousand daggers stabbing her heart.

Krystal saw her friend punching the wall, knuckles bleeding, and her eyes were filled with tears. She ran fast towards her and hugged her back.

“Don’t be silly, Amber. Why are you acting like this?”

“Me? Silly?” Yi Yun asked with a bitter smile as she stopped punching the wall and diverted her puffy red eyes to Krystal

Krystal tighten her hug to Amber and said, “We should talk this out, we can’t be like this forever”

With that, Amber calmed a bit. She brushed off the hands of Krystal that held her; the reason of the pain was unknown. It made everything a blur, so messed up.

“I think we should avoid each other for a week, I need to cool down first. Sorry” Yi Yun stated as she turn towards Krystal.

“I understand” Krystal said almost like a whisper with her head hung low.

From afar, Krystal’s older sister, Soo Yeon, also known as Jessica, was watching them carefully. She casted a deep sigh and said, “She still doesn’t understand…”

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

Love is Pain

It is pain when you let love control you

You forget about yourself

You forget about everything else

Everything becomes irrational

More like uncontrollable

The rage inside you is unstoppable

 

You keep wearing your mask

Hiding everything you can

But in the end of the day

It’ll haunt you

Until you can’t think of any good

Until you’re different from your usual

 

Love is pain in that way