Chapter 4

I Want a Lover

         Jieun was on the streets, looking at the expensive shops. For some of the, she wasn’t allowed to go in there again because she wasn’t buying anything and/or she said she couldn’t afford it. Jieun sighed, hoping her family would be back on track again. She passed by a newspaper stand, and saw another magazine with Yonghwa’s face on it. He’s that popular? Jieun wonder to herself. She rubbed the bottom of her chin and continued walking. It wasn’t that she hated Yonghwa. She just disliked his personality. She thought he was somewhat arrogant guy that gets his way many times. “Must be easy for you to live your life, huh?” she said, talking to magazine and walking away. Was there any place that was not so rich-like, except for the area of where she worked. Now that she thought about it, it was actually a kind of scary place.
         “Yah,”
         Jieun turned around quickly, seeing a girl that was actually quite gorgeous. She obviously curled her hair and wore expensive clothing. She even had make-up that was put on really neatly, unlike Jieun who didn’t wear any. The girl wore a skirt that showed off her long legs and she seemed to be a few years older than she was which means she looked more mature. “Are you talking to me?” Jieun asked, with circumspection of her surroundings.
         “I saw you walking out of Yonghwa’s apartment,” the girl said with a glare It made a cold chill run down Jieun’s spine. “What were you doing there? You’re not one of his fans, are you?”
         “No way,” Jieun opposed quickly, thinking she didn’t say anything about Yonghwa for the past few hours and she was already getting a hater. “Who are you, anyway? Are you friends with him? Crush? If you are, you don’t have to worry about me.” Jieun said, taking a few steps back. The girl seemed like an angel, but inside of that angel was a devil.
         The angelic-looking devil gave a stronger glare as if she was also mad because Jieun didn’t know her at all.
         Jieun gave a nervous laugh and immediately ran away in full speed. Who was she? Jieun thought, a stalker? It took her awhile to calm down. She breathed heavily and looked back if that demonic girl was following her. Her phone rang, causing her to jump. She took it out, seeing an unknown number. “Hello?” Jieun answered, wondering if it was that girl, but how would she get Jieun’s number?
         “Yah!”  a voice screamed into the mobile device. “What’s with you? Where’s the lunch?”
         The way it was said sounded like Yonghwa’s. “Yonghwa?” Jieun guessed. “How did you get my number?”
         “Oh yeah, I went into your phone and got your number last night,” he answered. “But that’s not the point, where’s lunch?”
         “Sorry,” Jieun apologized. “I didn’t think you would come back from work so quickly.” He went into my phone? she thought, trying to keep her cool
         “Get back here and make lunch quickly. I’m starving and I’ll be late to my next appointment,” he complained and quickly hung up before Jieun could say anything else.
         It took her a couple of minutes to get back to the apartment and make lunch. She had to improvise with what was in the fridge. “Yonghwa!” she called, knocking on his door. He came out with a change of clothe.
         “I know you know,” he said, adjusting his tie, “my occupation, of course. I wouldn’t be surprised.”
         “What does that have to do with anything?” Jieun asked. “You got some fans, you know.”
         “I just wanted to put it out there,” he answered, looking at the mirror. “Just don’t fall for me.” He sat on the chair and looked through a magazine nearby.
         Jieun chuckled. “Whatever,” she replied as she placed the food in front of him and immediately notice the demonic girl on the cover. “Ah, it’s her!” she exclaimed in surprise. What’s happening? Jieun thought to herself as she kept her pointed finger on the cover.
         “Sun Ae Cha?” Yonghwa said, looking at the cover.
         “That’s her name?” Jieun asked with wide eyes. “I saw her in the streets.”
         “You’ve never heard of her?” Yonghwa asked, surprised as he placed the magazine down and picked up his chopsticks. “She’s technically popular because she’s pretty.”
         “Are you her boyfriend?” Jieun asked, curiously.
         “Nah, she played with my friends,” he answered, chewing on a piece of meat.
         “Really? It seems like she has a crush on you,” Jieun replied, reaching for a piece of meat, but it was slapped my the top part of the chopstick. “Hey!”
         “Unsanitary,” he commented.
         “I made it, dummy!” she replied, taking one anyway. “Plus, you said you were going late, why are you taking your time?” Jieun crossed her arms and watched him shot his eyes at the clock.
         “Crap,” he said, stuffing some meat in his mouth and chewing it quickly. He slid his feet in his shoes that was shined perfectly as he grabbed his phone and keys.
         “What a photoshoot?” Jieun guessed, taking another piece of meat.
         He nodded. “Stay away from Ae Cha. Don’t get involve with her life. That’s not an option. It’s one of those things I don’t want you to get involve with, ok?”
         “Oh, alright,” she said, wondering what it could be. “Why?”
         “You think I’m gonna tell you why?” he retorted, looking at himself one last time in the mirror.
         “I think I would expect with an explanation,” Jieun replied, taking on another piece of meat with her hands.
         “Deal with it,” he snapped, opening the door. “And use some eating utensils.”