Chapter 1

I Want a Lover

"Jieun!"

Jieun heard her name being called and walked out the front door with her luggage. "What time is it, Mr. Cho?" She asked, placing her luggage into the trunk, leaving her small red backpack with a cat's face on it with her. She opened the door to the cheap car and sat down on the seat, taking her iPod out.

  "It's about 2:30," Mr. Cho answered. He was in his late 40s and he needed to shave a little. "How was your morning?" he asked as he drove out of the driveway.
  Jieun shrugged. "Like usual, I didn't see Mom in the morning when I woke up. It's the last morning I'm staying at that house, you know," she answered, putting on her earbuds and turning the volume low. She rested her head against the window and looked out of the opposite window.
   Mr. Cho tried to bear a smile. "You know how your mother is, working hard to support you and herself." He made a U-turn. "Plus, I know how you are opposed to this."
  Jieun grunted while slouching a bit on the seat and sat straight up again. She remembered what her mother had told her when she was young. Good posture says that you're proud of yourself, that was the type of mother Jieun's mother was. "I really don't want to move," she stated. "I don't even know these people!"
  "Jieun," Mr. Cho slightly whispered. "It's only temporarily. Just take a rest."
  She sighed and closed her eyes. She dreamed of nothing, but she wished she had. It was uncomfortable sleeping in a car since Mr. Cho's driving wasn't always that great but apparently, her mother relied on him quite a lot and he was always willing to help. She remembered a long time ago, when she was eavesdropping in a conversation, she heard that Mr. Cho loved her mother. At that time her father was still with the family and she remained faithful to him.
  A couple of minutes passed or maybe an hour, Jieun was woken by Mr. Cho. She grunted and had to regain her senses. Right, I'm moving, she thought. She got up and walked out of the car as Mr. Cho opened the trunk for her. She lifted her luggage and placed it on the pavement. "Hey, isn't this a luxurious apartment place?" she asked, glancing at Mr. Cho who was getting into the his car.
  "Yeah, the apartment number you're looking for is 632," he said, starting the engine.
  "Wait, you're not coming with me?" Jieun asked, a little afraid.
  "Yeah, I have a job, remember?" he replied, sarcastically.
  "Wait, I can't do this alone. You have-" Mr. Cho drove off before Jieun could say anything else. "What the heck?" she mumbled and making a face. She looked around her surroundings. Everyone seemed more superior than her. Superior up to the point where a random person would ask her to make a sandwich and she really would. 632 she thought to herself. She began to enter the building and looking at the numbers on the white doors. She continued to walk up the marble staircase until she saw the number 632. She stood in front of the door. Her shaking hand was ready to knock on it. She took a deep breath, praying it would be a nice family in there. "one, two, three," she whispered and knocked.
  It was opened by a guy with dark hair. They stared at each other for a few seconds of awkward silent and the atmosphere seemed a bit heavy. He had a nice face structure and his eyes was mysterious and glistened against the lighting. Jieun quickly snapped out of the mood.
  "You're the person moving into my apartment?" he asked. The sound of his voice made it sound a bit rude as if he didn't want Jieun to stay with him, but Jieun found that out herself already.