Chapter Seven

As The Dominoes Fall

CHAPTER SEVEN

 

The two blonde beauties steps out of the arrival gate at Incheon International Airport. One had her oversized sunglasses on while the other was barefaced. The two walk side by side as they pull their luggage behind them.

“O.M.G!!!”

“It’s her!!!”

“She’s here!!!”

“She’s too beautiful for words!!!”

“Nana!!!”

The screams of excitement were in unison as they spot the blonde beauty exiting the arrival gate.

“And you thought no one would know you were arriving,” her companion .

“I seriously didn’t know the fans would find out.”

“You underestimate the power of your Korean fans Nana.”

Nana let out a sigh as she braves a smile as the two made their way through the crowd that had gather around the arrival gate.

“Oh my god! Nana, I love you!”

“Nana, you’re gorgeous!”

“Nana, be my girlfriend!”

“Nana, you are amazing!”

Continuous praises were shouted as she made her way through the crowd. She bowed, smiled, and high-fived her fans as she passed them.

She and her companion were in the middle of the growing crowd trying to get through when her bodyguards finally arrive on the scene and begins to them to their car. A path way was clear as they made their way through the airport.

“Thank you for coming out to greet me everyone. Thank you!” Nana waves her fans goodbye and blows them a kiss before getting in to the car.

“Wow, that was an experience.” Her friend comments sarcastically.

Nana turns to her friend and smiles, “the things you will experience with me while we’re here.”

“Are the both of you ok?” Their driver asks with concern.

“We’re fine. What took you guys so long?” Nana answers.

“Sorry miss, we were trying to get here as quickly as we could…”

“That’s fine. I can assume that oppa had you getting me instead of my agency. Typical of him,” Nana interrupts the driver before he could fully explain himself.

There was a moment of silence.

“Sorry miss.” The driver apologizes once more.

“That’s fine, I don’t really care, just drop me off at the hotel.” Nana dismisses his apology.

“Sorry miss, but I was instructed to drive you back to the house.”

“Excuse me!” Nana was annoyed with his disregard for her request, “my friend and I are going to a hotel. If he wants me to go to the house then he should have came and picked us up himself.”

“Nana, don’t make a scene. Let’s just go to the house first and then we’ll go to a hotel.” Her friend tugs at her sleeve, trying to ease the situation.

Nana turns to her, “no, I’m tired of him thinking that he has control over my life. I don’t see him for over five years and the day I come back he doesn’t even have the decency to come and pick me up.”

“Boss has a lot of prior engagements that he couldn’t get out of so…”

“Was I talking to you?” Nana quickly shot the driver a glare, cutting him off from his defense.

There was nothing but silence from the driver after.

“Calm down Nana, let’s just go to the house and we’ll figure something out from there.” Her friend tries to sooth.

“No, I’m not going to the house. We’re going to the hotel.” Nana directs it to the driver. “Besides, I need to set up a meeting with my agency.”

“Sor...sorry miss,” the driver stutters, nervous about causing Nana to erupt with anger, “but I was instructed to drive back to the house. He will be waiting there for you.”

“So you’re not going to do what I say?” Nana grabs hold of her friend’s hand and unlocks the car door, “that’s fine, my friend and I can easily find another way to travel.”

Nana pulls her dumbfounded friend out of the car and slams the door shut. The two stood on the side by the airport gates. The driver, in utter shock, quickly gets out of the car and begins to plead with Nana about the trouble he’ll be in if he doesn’t get her and her friend back safely.

Nana stood there, amuse at the situation, “I’m not going with you. If he wants to see me that badly then he should have come himself. You have our luggage in the car already, just head to the house with it and let him know that we’ve arrived. Once he sees it then you can bring it to the hotel. My friend and I will be waiting there. If he has any issues with it just let him know that I was the one that instructed you to do so. Tell him to come find me. Better yet, get his people to contact my people; a star like me shouldn’t be dealing with any of these types of issues directly.” She says the last sentence with sarcastic amusement.

With that Nana pulls her friend along as the two made their way down the side walk of the airport and wave down a taxi. The driver was left in a state of panic as he forces himself back in to the car. He knew better than to argue with the miss.

 

===

 

“So how are things going with you and SeoHyun?”

“Everything is good. Why?”

“Nothing, I’m just curious.”

“About what?” A light chuckle escapes his lips.

“Nothing, I’m just curious as to when you’re going to finally make it official and just marry her already.”

“It’s not that easy.” He replies with a sigh.

“Why not? Don’t tell me you’re still waiting around for your father and sister.”

Silence as he turns his gaze to the window beside them.

“It’s been five years YongHwa. We’ve been looking for them even when you were in your coma. We’ve spent two years looking for them. There’s no trace of them. I think it’s about time you moved on.”

YongHwa sat there in silence.

“You should start thinking about yours and SeoHyun’s future. Ever since you were in your coma she has been by your side without fail. She waited by your side for you to wake up. She never gave up hope.”

“JunHyung,” YongHwa finally spoke.

“Yeah?”

“How can I give SeoHyun a proper future if I’m uncertain of my own? I feel this deep guilt towards my father and sister. I feel as if I could have done more but there’s nothing more that I can do. I feel like I owe my mother so much for leaving her by herself during my absence.” His voice was monotone but his eyes expressed the weight of the world.

JunHyung let out a sigh, “it’s been a bit over three years since you woken up. We already told you that none of this is your fault nor did it have anything to do with you. Fate has a funny way of working things out.”

“I just don’t believe that there’s no trace of either of them anywhere.”

“I don’t know what else I can say to help ease you from this whole mentality of yours but just know that what you’re feeling and what you do does affect the people around you. Especially those closest to you, and I’m not talking about your mother, me or SooHyun, but SeoHyun.”

YongHwa let out long sigh as he gazes back out at the window. The two men continue sitting at the coffee shop as their conversation proceeded. Silences were mostly present during the conversation but there was nothing much that needed to be said. Issues of the past were subjects in which deep thoughts were needed.

 

===

 

“Thanks for driving me home HyungSik.”

“Don’t even mention it SeoHyun, you know I’m here for you.”

“So when do I get to meet this girlfriend of yours’.” She questions him with a mischievous smile.

He chuckles at her question, “I don’t think you’ll get that chance. I broke up with her.”

“What? Already? I thought you really liked her.”

“Yeah, I thought I did. But you know it just didn’t work out.”

“What’s wrong with you HyungSik? For the past three years or so all you’ve been doing is having these short-term relationships. It’s not healthy you know.” She begins to lecture.

He chuckles at her words, “when it doesn’t feel right, it just doesn’t feel right.”

“Is this on your part or the girl?”

“I think it’s mostly me,” he laughs as he admits his flaw.

She lets out a sympathetic sigh. She knew quite well the real reason behind his constant short-term relationship habit. But she wasn’t going to bring it up again to him. It will just be too hard for him and for her. They both have tried to move on but nothing is ever really forgotten.

“Do you want me to set you up with someone else?” She offers.

Another laugh escapes his lips, “sure why not. There’s no harm in exploring my options.”

She lets out a sigh, “but you have to take it serious HyungSik, I can’t have you going around Seoul playing with these women’s hearts.”

“Yes mom,” he jokingly teases her.

“I’m serious. I don’t want you having a reputation, especially a negative one.”

“Thanks, I appreciate that.” He continues his laugh.

Another sigh is released as she surrenders to his joking ways, “fine, you do what you want. I’m gonna head in. Thanks again for the ride.”

As she took a step outside of the car she could hear HyungSik’s phone ringing. She took a quick glance at the name on the caller display.

“Hello?” He answers. “I’m on my way.”

A short and simple conversation and he hung up the phone.

“YongHwa oppa?” She asks.

HyungSik nodded. He could sense there was a tint of sadness when she said his name.

“Are you ok SeoHyun? Are you and hyung ok?”

She quickly flashes as smile, “We’re fine. I was just surprise that he still wanted to see you at this time.”

“It’s probably nothing serious. You know him he prefers evening time more than anything.”

SeoHyun nods, “actually if you’re going to see him do you mind bringing him this for me?” She took out a prepared food box.

“You were carrying this around all day?”

“I wanted to surprise him with some home cooked food but I didn’t get a chance to see him, but since you’re going to see him now I guess you can bring it to him and the two of you can enjoy it for dinner.”

“Why don’t you come along and then I can drive you back.”

“No,” she quickly rejects, “he’s probably busy to be staying so late, I don’t want to be a bother. If anything I’ll just call him later.”

“Are you sure? I don’t think he’ll mind.”

“No, I’m sure,” she flashes an assured smile at him, “I’ll just see him another day. You should get going before you’re late.”

She got out of the car and waves goodbye to him as she watches the car leave. She let out a long sigh. Ever since YongHwa woke up from his coma, their relationship has been full of confusion for her. She didn’t know what it was that could be causing such confusion but she didn’t want to ruin what she has with him so she kept silent these past three or so years. She doesn’t know how long she can keep silent for but she knows there will be a point where it will just get too much for her to bare. She just doesn’t know when that moment will be. She’s just scare to know what will happen once it does occur.

 

***

 

HyungSik arrives at the company within a few minutes. He made his way up to YongHwa’s office. He knocks before entering and he was surprise to see SooHyun sitting there as well. He greets the two hyung with a bow before stepping to the side. He places the box of prepared food made by SeoHyun on the coffee table in the office before taking his seat on the couch beside it.

“Sorry for asking you come back in HyungSik.” YongHwa makes his way over to the couch.

“No need, what did you need?” HyungSik stood up from his seat as he sees SooHyun and YongHwa making their way over.

“Take a seat. You don’t need to be so formal with us anymore.” YongHwa assures, trying to make HyungSik feel more comfortable.

HyungSik did as he was told and took his seat. YongHwa notices the box of food on the coffee table.

“This is from SeoHyun. I dropped her off at her house a few minutes ago before you called. She wanted to give you this earlier but didn’t get to see you so she asked me to bring it to you now.” HyungSik explains the moment he noticed YongHwa’s attention.

“Really? Did she prepare all this herself?” SooHyun was curious as he unties the cloth cover of the box.

“Yeah, she said that YongHwa hyung hasn’t been able to eat a proper home cooked meal in a while so she wanted to make it for him.”

YongHwa continues his gaze at the prepared box of food SeoHyun had made for him. He starts to feel guilty for having neglected SeoHyun all this while. Ever since he came out of his coma there seems to have been something missing in him that he just can’t seem to figure out. His feelings for her are still there and there is a deep care for her, but he just doesn’t know what it is that keeps distancing himself from getting too close to her. Even though they’ve become an official couple, it still feels a bit empty for him. He doesn’t know if the reason for getting in to a relationship with SeoHyun is out of love or empathy. It just frustrates him because he knows that before the accident he was completely infatuated with her, what was this sudden change?

 

===

 

“We’ve arrived miss.” The driver announces.

“Thank you.” She responded with a courteous smile as she fixes her oversize Chanel sunglasses.

She got out of the car. In her knee length electric blue cocktail dress, four-inch diamond incrusted Louboutin stiletto, her waist length minx coat, and her diamond choker around her neck; this was not someone to take lightly. She gazes up at the mansion in front of her. Her smile has faded away as she made her way forward towards the main gates. The gates open automatically as if it had been awaiting her arrival, servants running towards her as they stood on either side of her path, bowing to her in utmost respect.

“Madame,” they all greet her with a bow.

The main doors opens as she enters the mansion, her eyes darted the man standing by the staircase.

His attention turns to her as he made his way down.

They came to face to face as she slowly takes off her sunglasses.

“Hello beautiful. I missed you.” He flirtatiously greets her.

She stares in to his eyes and response with a smirk which causes him to become puzzled. His eyes widen as her right palm came in to contact with his left cheek.

“Did you say the same thing to the girl you slept with last night and all the other girls that you’ve slept with while I was away?” Her sarcastic tone surprised him as he took a few steps back.

Her smirk continues as she slowly approaches him with her hands cross against her chest.

“How about this, I’ll give you ten seconds to grab whatever you can and get out of my sight before I cut that manhood of yours off and end your little adventure with those girls.” She threatens.

His eyes bulging out of his sockets as he quickly and frantically searches his surroundings for any type of assistance. Knowing her, she will go through with her words.

“One…” She begins her count.

He continues to search for help.

“Two…”

He turns back to her, pleading with her.

“Three…” Her smirk was still present on her face.

“Please don’t do this.” He pleads.

“Four…” She continues as she took each step closer to him.

“I’m sorry, it was a mistake. I won’t do it again.” He continues his stuttering pleads.

“Five. Too late to apologize now don’t you think?” She mockingly teases him.

“Please!” He begs as he falls to his knees.

“Six. So pathetic!” She spat at him.

She stands over him as she bends down to him, her eyes glaring at him with the utmost of hatred.

“You are a worthless piece of a human being!” She taunts him through gritted teeth.

He looks up at her pleading with blurry vision as the tears streams down his face. She glares at him with disgust to see such a man succumbing to such a state. Reaching her hand out to caress his cheek, she smirks at him one last time.

“Is your life even worth it?”

 

“Cut!”

The sound of the director’s voice ends the intense scene.

“Great job guys,” the director shouts to them as the crew begins to wrap up the scene.

HaRa took her gaze away from her partner as she stood up straight turning her direction towards the crew as she smiles and bows to them gratefully.

“Thank you. Thank you everyone for your hard work.”

“Great job HaRa, that was quite intense, you played it so naturally.” Her co-star teases her as he wipes off the tears from his eyes.

She leers over at him with a mischievous smile and elbows him on his side.

“You weren’t bad yourself ChangSun oppa.” She giggles.

“Yah, I told you, my name’s Joon now; Lee Joon.”

She rolls her eyes at him. She knew pretty well he had changed his name for a more impactful stage name but she couldn’t help but continuously about it every opportunity she gets.

“Sorry, Joon oppa.” She corrected with a chuckle as she stresses Joon.

“Joon, you have a call!” His manager shouted to him.

“I’ll see you later HaRa.” With that he rushes off.

HaRa’s manager and assistant came up to her as they begin to fix her up. Her manager hands her cell phone to her. She begins to check if there were any missed calls or texts. And of course there was a text waiting for her. She smiles seeing who had sent it to her.

'I hope your filming went well today. I’ll anticipate the next episode from your drama. Good luck! Hope to see you soon. Fighting!'

The text ended with a smiley and heart emoticon. She smiles as she read the text.

“Be careful HaRa, let’s not start an unnecessary scandal.” Her manager mutters a word of caution.

Her assistant begins to giggle and she playful hits her to quiet her down.

“Don’t worry oppa, it’s nothing, just a friend sending me some words of encouragement.”

“I surely hope so.” Her manger caution again. “C’mon we need to get back to the agency. There’s a meeting for your next projects.”

“I’ll meet you at the car once I get change.” She replies as she makes her way towards the changing room with her assistant tailing behind.

 

===

 

“What do you mean she’s not with you?!” His authoritative voice echoes the corridor.

“I’m sor… sorry sir. But she wouldn’t listen to me,” came the weakling reply.

“So you just let her go like that?!”

“I’m sor… sorry sir,” another repeated apology.

He lets out long exasperated sigh.

“I’m sorry sir, but you know how hard headed and stubborn your sister is.”

He shoots a threatening glare at his subordinate for even speaking such a statement in front of him. He already knows the nature of his sister and her personality. He did not need it coming from someone working for him.

“I’m sorry sir,” his subordinate quickly quivers away to the corner.

Another tired sigh is released, “where did she say she was staying?”

“She’s staying at the Westin Chosun. Her agency has set up everything for her.”

“Did you contact her agency?”

“I did, they sent over her schedule during her time here.”

“How long is her stay then?”

“At the moment, two weeks, but it might be extended depending on how their meeting works out.”

He releases another sigh, “contact the agency and tell them to do whatever they need to do to keep that girl in Seoul. I’m getting tire of having to try and force her to come back here.”

“Yes, I will let them know.”

He stands up from his seat. He grabs his blazer and makes his way towards the door.

“Oh, one more thing,” he pauses as he turns towards his subordinate. “Make sure that no one finds out about the relationship I have with her. It's enough that a few people at the agency knows, I don't need anybody else sitcking their noses in to my personal life.”

“Yes sir, understood.”

“Was anyone with her?”

“Yes, there was a friend with her.”

He stood there for a moment, seemingly to be lost in thought as he nodded nonchalantly.

“Alright, you can be on your way.”

“Yes sir.” He nods and made his way out of the office.

“I guess I should pay my little sister a visit.” He utters to himself with an amused smirk.

 

===

 

“Why didn’t your manager come pick you up as well?”

Nana just shrugs, “who knows, but I don’t really care. It’s been too long that I get a chance to just be by myself.”

“Shouldn’t we at least let them know where we are?”

“Who?” Nana continues to play aloof to the situation as she drags her friend around the streets of Seoul, enjoying her rare moment of freedom.

“Your brother or at least your agency,” her friend replies with concern.

Nana turns to her friend with a smile, “what do you think? Cute right, it suits me right?”

Her friend let out a sigh. “We don’t know our way around here, aren’t you scare that we might get lost?”

Nana turns back around to the vendor in front of her as she continues to look through the selections of accessories, “then we just ask for directions. It’s not like we’re complete foreigner.”

“Nana…” Her friend begins.

“C’mon, loosen up. Enjoy your surroundings. At least get familiar with this place, who knows it might help you in the long run.”

Her friend lets out a defeated sigh.

Nana smiles at her as she links her arm with hers’.

“I forget how fun it is to shop in Seoul. Look at all the things we can’t get in Paris.” Nana squeals excitedly. “And they’re so cheap!”

Her friend couldn’t help but laugh at her statement.

The two girls continue their exploration of the area. They were receiving stares from everyone around them. A few girls were giving them stares of adoration other girls were giving them death glares. Guys were giving them lusting eyes wishing they were with them. Some recognized who Nana was and bravely came up to ask her for her autograph and even pictures. She politely accepted each request with her friend acting as the photographer when needed.

They arrive at their hotel with two bellmen and a concierge waiting by the lobby ready to assist them.

“We don’t have any luggage for you to handle so you can just take a break.” Nana smiles at the two bellmen as they stood in front of her with confusion.

“Miss Im…” The concierge begins.

“Call me Nana.”

The concierge clears his throat nervously, “Miss Nana, we were anticipating your arrival but got worried when you didn’t show up at the time your agency said you would.”

“I was just exploring the city.” A simple reply from her as she makes her towards the elevators, “my room is ready right?”

The concierge quickly follows behind. “Yes, I will you and your friend up.”

The elevator ride was awkward and nerve wracking to say the least for the concierge.

“This is your room Miss Nana.” The concierge hands them the swipe card to the room.

The concierge stood there for a few more seconds.

“Was there anything else?” Nana turns to him and questions.

The concierge nervously shook his head. “Um… No. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Westin Chosun.” He bows and made his exit.

“You sure know how to make an impression on people.” Her friend teases with a chuckle.

“What, not my fault that he was nervous around me. I tend to have that affect on people, you should know that. My aura radiates confidence towards anyone that approaches me.” She confidently states. “My beauty knows no bounds.” She adds proudly.

Her friend continues her laughter as she swipes their room card.

The two enters their presidential suite.

“I’m just gonna go wash up a bit.” Her friend makes her way towards the bathroom.

Nana nodded as she makes her way over towards one of the bedrooms.

“The agency must really want you as part of their roster to put you up in such a suite.”

The masculine voice startles her as she turns to look at who the intruder was.

Nana glares at the man standing in front of her. “What are you doing here? How did you get in here?”

“You should know my influences are quite broad.”

She smirks, “what? You’re here to make me go back with you to the house? Well you can forget it. I’m staying here.”

“I’m not here to drag you anywhere,” he holds up his hand in a surrendered pose, “I just wanted to drop by and see how you were doing after the flight. Can’t your older brother be concern about his little sister?”

She smirks at his question, “yeah, it would have been nice if he had came to pick up his little sister personally as well.”

“You know I have business to deal with.” He replies with an apologetic tone.

“That’s always been your excuse.” She dismisses his excuse.

“Well, I’m here now aren’t I? This is how much I missed you. I was willing to sneak my way in to your hotel room just to see you. I even brought your luggage over for you too.” He teases.

“You make me sick.” She rolls her eyes at him.

He chuckles at her reaction. “Come here you little booger.” He pulls her in to a tight hug.

“Aish! Don’t call me that.” She fights back, but found herself giving in to the hug.

“I heard you brought a friend home with you.” He queries as he releases her from their hug.

She nodded, “yeah, the one I constantly told you about in my email,” a smile appearing on her face, “she has become my best friend, my confident, my rock.”

“Really, I can’t wait to meet this friend of yours then, seems like she’s a major part of your life now.”

“She is. She’s been through hell and back with me.”

“Where is she?”

“She’s just freshening up. Come.”

The two walk in to the main living room as he took a seat. Nana walks over to the bathroom and calls out to her friend.

“My brother’s here and he want to meet you.”

“Ok, I’ll be out in a minute.” Her friend replies.

Nana walks over to the sofa and sits across from her brother. She looks at him as he sat there with his eyes glued to his phone.

“Do you really need to be so glued to that phone of yours’?”

He looks up at her with a smile, “sorry, you know me, business is business.”

She lets out a sigh, “why do I feel like I won’t get to see you much during my stay here.”

“Don’t say that, you know I’ll make time for you. You just have to let me know in advance.”

“Yeah, like a year’s worth in advance.”

Her sarcastic remark causes him to chuckle.

As the bathroom door unlocks the phone begins to ring.

"Hello?" He answers as he stood up from his seat.

Nana watches as he makes his way over to the window. He stares out in to the night view as he continues his talk.

Nana stood up from her seat as she hears the bathroom door opening. Her friend walks out and Nana places her finger over her lips. “He’s on the phone right now. Just wait a few minutes.”

Her friend nods in understanding. “Um… What do we do about our clothes? We don’t have our luggage.” She whispers to Nana.

“My brother brought them over. They’re just over there.” Nana points over towards the corner by one of the bedrooms.

He stood with his back to the girls and his sight still on the window facing the city when something caught his attention. He stares intently at the reflection in the window. He slowly removes the phone from his ear as he stood there still gazing intently at the reflection in the window.

“Hello? Hello?” The other line was still trying to get his attention.

He slowly turns around towards the direction causing the reflection, his eyes begins to widen at the sudden discovery.

Nana runs up to him and grabs his left arm. “This is my brother SiWon.” She introduces cheerily to her friend.

Her friend stood there with a smile on her face as she bows to him.

“Oppa this is my friend…”

“YongJoo…”

“Nicole…”

 

A/N: Yay! Finally a chapter for this story. Nothing really exciting yet, but you can say this is like the restart of everything. Hm... I might changing the male co-stars. We'll see. Hope you guys enjoyed it.