Showdown of the Ages

Somewhere down the Road

"What the hell was that?!" A young looking bleach blonde came waltzing towards a pile of rubble, his pistol ready, his footsteps slow and cautious.

He studied the pile that was now surrounded by a cloud of dust, his eyes widening at the site of a small red cross. "Hyung!" He quickly climbed the rubble and kneeled down next to the bleeding male. He leaned over his Hyung, having holstered his gun, and shook his shoulders, calling his name desperately...almost like a child does to a mother who just suddenly won't wake up. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes. "Wake up...please Hyung. Wake up..." Yoseob said weakly as he was close to sobbing.

He continued his chant, a tear falling from his eye and cascading down his pale, porcelain skin, dripping off of his nose and splashing onto Hyunseung's eyelid. He abruptly stopped his chant and his struggles as the man below him gave out a pained groan, his eyes slowly fluttering open, the life in them barely shining.

"Seobbie...you're, a-alive. I'm glad." He shakily brought a hand up to cup Yoseob's cheek, but pulled it back instantly as a violent cough followed his statement.

"Hyung don't move! You're gonna be okay. I'll just, call for help...hopefully someone will hear me." He frantically looked around the room but saw no one. "Joonie! Kiki! Someone! Please help!" Hyunseung smiled softly at Yoseob, eyes full of love and pride.

"It's okay Baby...my, look at you. All grown up. What will Mommy do now, his Baby's a man now. You even got yourself a lover." Hyunseung chuckled. "Don't let him go Yoseob. And don't let him take undercover missions without you."

"Eomma? I don't understand..."

Hyunseung smiled. "Junnie...he's upstairs. Someone needs to get him down..."

"But...why were you up there?" Before Hyunseung could answer, another groan was heard a few meters away, Yoseob watched as a petite figure slowly regained consciousness and sat up, rubbing their head.

"What the hell..." Her words made Hyunseung growl and put his hand on Yoseob's chest, gently pushing him back as he sat up as well.

"Hyung?" The figure darted their head at the question and quickly stood, Hara's glare made Yoseob pale and shiver.

"You! Why won't you just die?!" Hyunseung smirked as he slowly stood, adrenaline rushing through his wounded body.

"I'm a . es get stitches...but they don't die." She scoffed.

"Aren't you clever. Did I happen to interrupt your little 'family reunion'?"

"As a matter of fact, you did!" Yoseob gained his courage and yelled at Hara. She in turn took a heavy step towards him and scowled.

"Stay out of this you disgusting little !" Hyunseung and Yoseob both widened their eyes, but Hyunseung also stood and pushed Yoseob behind him protectively.

"Leave him out of this! This is between you and me. Yoseob, I need you to find the others and get Junhyung down." Yoseob looked at him questioningly. "I have some...loose ends, to tie up."

"But Hyun-"

"Now!" Yoseob pursed his lips and furrowed his brows, but obeyed, stepping down the pile and running out of the room in search of their team.

Hyunseung and Hara stood a few meters from the other, their eyes sending death threats to the other. They both knew what was going to happen. And they both knew...only one of them was leaving the room alive.