Choose Me

Somewhere down the Road

The whole room was still with the exception of light breathing. The atmosphere dangerous as Hara held a gun pointed straight at Hyungseung. He stood with wide eyes darting back and forth between her and Junhyung who stood idly by, watching in shock.

"You didn't really think he'd choose you did you? You're smart, somewhat. Think about it, you're just a useless medic with nothing to your name but the pathetic geezer you work for. I on the other hand, am far more pretty, I'm rich, dangerous, and a princess, heir to my father's company. It only makes sense that Junnie would choose me over you. I mean come on, you're a man, I'm a woman." She smirked with arrogance as she cocked her pistol, positioning her manicured finger in the trigger.

She was just about to make the shot, when loud cracks from below distracted everyone from the current situation. It was like a muffled explosion from somewhere in the five floors below them, it was strong enough to shake the room and cause all three of them to stumble.

The shaking never ceased as they stared at each other in confusion. Hara looked at Junhyung the exact moment Hyunseung did as well. She opened but could only shriek as the floor gave out beneath her. A of bad luck must have washed over Hyunseung as the same happened to him, forcing them both to grab the broken ledge and hold on for dear life.

Looking down, it was evident that the rest of Hyunseung's team had taken control of the floors below, seeing as their demolitionist, Doojoon had blown every floor to nearly nothing. No way up, and the only way down, was to let go and die.

"Junnie!" Her poisonous voice called out for the joker of a man, but he was still beyond shocked. She desperately attempted to grab hold with her other hand but only seemed to latch onto thin air. Hyunseung didn't move. He also was only holding on with one hand, but he didn't try to get a better hold. He closed his eyes and tried to calm his breathing, silently wishing and hoping, begging Junhyung to come save him. He knew that without the other man, he'd never stop dangling.

Junhyung stared at the two holes for the longest time, not phased by Hara's cries for help at all. When he finally registered the situation, his body turned in full gear and ran towards Hara. He looked down at her and his heart beat faster at the sight of her terrified expression.

"Grab my hand!" It was then, that Hyunseung opened his eyes. He heard the heavy footsteps, but looking up, he knew that his love had chosen her over him. Without even giving it a second thought, Junhyung chose Hara. He desperately fought back tears but his vision still grew blurry as the sight of Hara's legs disappearing above the floor was the only thing he saw.

Junhyung smiled at her as she slowly regained her footing and stood, a deep scowl on her face. "What took you so long?! Are you deaf?!" She hissed at him as she walked over to where Hyunseung's fingers could be seen. Junhyung watched as she slowly and painfully stepped on his fingers, his smile fading rapidly as the sounds of agony reached his ears. Hyunseung, he had completely forgotten about Hyunseung. The man he was in love with, the man who had personally come to rescue him. But from what...?

A month ago, he was assigned to gain Hara's father's trust by obtaining her affection. A month ago, he was in bed with Hyunseung, assuring the other man that he'd be okay and he'd be back soon. But somewhere down the month long road...she became obsessed with him, and somehow he fell for her. Until half an hour ago, he had completely forgotten about Hyunseung and the rest of his team.

All the memories of his squad came back to him as he watched Hara's evil smirk turn vicious, and with every scream, memories of him and Hyunseung came flooding back. With every loving memory, his heart beat louder, as if trying to win his attention. His face paled at the realization that Hara was trying to kill Hyunseung

"What's wrong? You look like you're in pain." Hara was no longer a princess...no longer Daddy's perfect little angel. She desperately stomped on Hyunseung's now bleeding fingers, but the medic was stubborn. Finally with one last stomp, Hyunseung let go.

But at the exact moment he let go, he swung his other hand up and clutched onto her ankle, violently dragging her down with him. Junhyung couldn't react in time to grab her and only watched as she screamed and fell through the hole.