The Line Between Destiny And Chance 18th Day

The Line Between Destiny And Chance

 

---[18 - THURSDAY]

HeeChul woke up with his stomach hurting. "Ah, what the is wrong with me?" he muttered, already in a bad mood that early in the morning.

He heard SiWon groaning next to him. "Chullie...?" he asked sleepily.

HeeChul didn't answer and just got up from the bed, quickly leaving for the bathroom.

SiWon surely just woke up because he didn't fully realize what was happening.

HeeChul rushed to the bathroom and locked the door. He felt like vomiting. Now his head started to hurt as well and HeeChul cursed, annoyed by his own body.

He sat down on the floor, just sitting by himself for a few minutes and waiting until his stormach stopped making him feel like throwing up.

Eventually, after almost ten minutes, he pulled himself up. He looked at the mirror, supporting his weight with his hands on the sink.

His face was pale but when he touched his forehead, he realized it was way too hot.

"Why do I have to get sick when I'm on vacation?" HeeChul muttered. He sighed and observed himself carefully.

"Ah, my stomach. What the hell- Aish, I'll just go back to bed and sleep this day through. I don't care right now. SiWon can take care of Chin-Sun. That should be the reason why he even is here with us," HeeChul decided and slowly dragged himself out and back to their bedroom.

SiWon seemed to have fallen asleep once again but when HeeChul climbed into their bed, he woke up.

HeeChul wanted to pretend to be asleep when he felt SiWon's gaze on him but his stomach started to hurt once again and he couldn't help but lay his hands on it in hope that the pain will disappear.

"Oh, Chullie. You're already awake?" SiWon asked in surprise and smiled.

HeeChul wanted to answer but didn't for he had to clench his teeth tightly together, so to not make any noise.

SiWon frowned when HeeChul didn't answer. At first, he thought the other one was angry but then he noticed that he seemed to be in pain.

"HeeChul? Are you in pain?" SiWon asked in concern but HeeChul jumped up and ran to the bathroom once again. He locked the door and sank down on the floor.

He felt dizzy.

"What the !" HeeChul cursed silently and with a look up he decided to take a shower. Maybe that way the pain would fade away. Sometimes, it really did help him.

So HeeChul quickly undressed and went into the shower. The water fell down on him. His legs felt tired and so, he sank down to sit and let himself be poured onto.

He heard a knock on the door. "HeeChul?" It was SiWon's voice. "Are you-"

HeeChul interrupted him quickly because he hadn't the nerve to bear with SiWon's annoying concern. "I'm alright. I'm just taking a shower!" he yelled, making sure that SiWon would hear him and go away.

SiWon didn't answer, so HeeChul assumed he succeeded.

---

After at least an hour spending in the shower, HeeChul finally turned off the water. He dried himself and put a big towel around as much of his whole body as possible because he had nothing to wear in there.

He went out and was immediately met with SiWon's worried eyes. "HeeChul...?" he just asked and HeeChul smiled at him, telling him without a word that he was fine. He indeed felt better now.

HeeChul quickly went to get his clothes. He didn't like SiWon looking at him like that, least of all when HeeChul was just covered by a towel.

SiWon left the bedroom then, so HeeChul could change. He probably went to wake Chin-Sun up.

HeeChul sighed and looked at himself in the mirror once again. He felt uncomfortable with his body. He still felt a little bit sick but decided that he was fine enough to not mention it.

SiWon eyed him carefully and went towards him while Chin-Sun was using the bathroom.

"HeeChul, are you sick? Again?" SiWon asked but HeeChul shook his head. "No, I'm fine," he answered and forced a smile. SiWon seemed to doubt it but didn't say anything else.

Soon, it was already afternoon and after they had eaten, they went to the beach. Chin-Sun was playing happily with SiWon in his swimming trunks because they were in shallow water.

HeeChul just watched them although SiWon and Chin-Sun had asked him to play with them. HeeChul had refused. He didn't want to feel sick like that morning once again, so he was careful with what he did.

HeeChul was too busy with himself and minding his own body and how he felt than to watch them now, so he didn't even noticed SiWon coming towards him and caressing his cheek. "Are you alright, Chullie?" he asked for the nineteenth time today and HeeChul looked up, nodding with a smile.

---

The day passed by quickly. HeeChul assumed it was because he was too distracted with himself. Though his body felt fine again.

When they went back to the hotel, he didn't even realized SiWon observing him carefully.

When he wanted to go up to their apartment, SiWon stopped him by holding his wrist.

HeeChul looked at him with a frown.

Chin-Sun was looking up at SiWon as well. She had been holding his hand for the whole time.

"Go to the car. I quickly get the car key, okay?" SiWon asked and disappeared. HeeChul raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Appa, where are we going?" HeeChul's daughter asked in curiosity with a bright smile as always.

HeeChul shrugged and took Chin-Sun's hand to lead her to SiWon's car.

When they arrived there, SiWon came already running towards them.

"Quickly get in," he demanded with a smile and HeeChul eyed him, trying to figure out what he had planned.

Chin-Sun was laughing happily, sitting in the backseat, waiting for them to go to wherever they had planned.

Soon, they were driving along the street. "Now, seriously, SiWon, where are we going?" HeeChul asked him eventually but SiWon only gave him a brief look before returning his attention back to the road.

HeeChul sighed. SiWon probably won't tell them, so he just waited and made himself comfortable.

HeeChul didn't realize where they were going but then, the car stopped and HeeChul found himself in a parking lot in front of the hospital.

"What are we doing here?" he asked in confusion.

"Out of the car," SiWon said with a kind voice and so, HeeChul and Chin-Sun did.

SiWon locked his car and took HeeChul's hand. HeeChul was uneasy with this at first but decided not to complain for once and so, just took Chin-Sun's hand in his own like they were a family.

SiWon pulled them to the entrance while he finally started to explain. "I'm really worried for you, Chullie. So we are here to see what's wrong with you."

HeeChul's jaw almost dropped. He hated going to a doctor but it was already too late because they were inside, already waiting for the doctor to have time for them.

HeeChul wanted to let go of SiWon's hand but SiWon held tightly onto him.

"Is Umma sick?" Chin-Sun asked SiWon with big eyes. She surely was worried as well.

SiWon shrugged. "I think so. Now we are here for the doctor to tell us what is wrong," he explained and Chin-Sun nodded knowingly while observing HeeChul carefully.

HeeChul huffed, repeating that he was fine but SiWon remained stubborn, so HeeChul had no other choice but to wait.

"I'm really not sick. I'm fine! SiWon," HeeChul whined once more but SiWon shook his head. "You aren't. And now, please, Chullie, stop complaining," SiWon asked him with a sad smile.

HeeChul didn't say anything back anymore.

---

HeeChul was sitting next to SiWon in the empty waiting room. It was late, so not many people were there right now. The doctor was nice because he took his time to check HeeChul probably to see what was wrong and now they just had to wait for the results.

Chin-Sun who had been sitting on HeeChul's lap got impatient and jumped down, going around and staring at the photos that were on the wall.

SiWon took HeeChul's hand and squeezed it briefly because he knew that HeeChul was nervous. HeeChul felt something was wrong. Maybe he really was sick. What if it was anything really bad, like cancer? HeeChul's heart raced at the many thoughts that crossed his mind.

Eventually, the doctor entered the room and sat down next to them to tell them about the results.

HeeChul became even more nervous and his heart was beating like mad. Now, he was scared because he knew there had to be a reason why he felt so sick these days.

"Mister Kim, you told us about being very sick on Monday, right? That was probably just a bad day though. You are healthy now. There is just one thing," the doctor said and at first, HeeChul breathed out in relief.

The doctor continued after a short hesitation with a smile on his face. "I'm not sure about it. I only have heard about it once but never had someone like you as a patient. But the tests show everything clearly. No doubt, you are pregnant, Mister Kim," he announced and now, HeeChul's jaw dropped literally. His eyes were wide open in shock. "W-What?!" he stuttered, glaring at the doctor.

SiWon was surprised but soon, a smile spread across his face. "Wow, Chullie," he murmured in awe and observed HeeChul.

Chin-Sun who had come to listen as well, looked up in confusion. "So I'll have a sibling?" she finally asked in hope and the doctor answered with a nod.

"That is awesome! Thank you, Appa!" Chin-Sun exclaimed and hugged HeeChul who was still numb, only watching the doctor.

"W-What are you talking about?! I can't be pregnant!" HeeChul exclaimed and stood up, pushing his daughter slightly away.

SiWon frowned at HeeChul's reaction and Chin-Sun seemed confused as well. She had thought her Appa would be happy but obviously, HeeChul wasn't.

The doctor seemed a little bewildered, too, but kept his smile. "I'm sure you can do it. I know it's surely hard for you as a man but there won't be a problem," he stated. "I can't do anything for you know. It's still early although a pregnancy of a man should be faster than one of a woman. So you are just here for vacation? Hm, I suggest to go to your doctor at home and...take your time for everything. Just relax and look forward to your first child," he said and HeeChul nodded without an expression before he bowed and quickly left.

The doctor didn't seem to suspect the little girl being HeeChul's first daughter already because HeeChul was still so young.

HeeChul went to the car and sat down in the passenger seat, not saying anything and not waiting for SiWon and Chin-Sun.

Soon, SiWon and Chin-Sun arrived there as well and sat down with SiWon starting the engine and they drove back.

"HeeChul," SiWon began uncertainly.

HeeChul didn't look at him. He was just staring out of the window, watching the cars and people on the streets in the darkness. "Just drive back," he muttered. It was noticeable that he was annoyed and so, SiWon didn't say anything else.

Chin-Sun seemed to understand the situation as well and closed , just waiting to get back.

When they arrived at the hotel, they all went quickly up to their suite and it took only ten minutes for Chin-Sun to get ready for bed. She climbed on the couch and under the blankets, cuddling her Kitty.

HeeChul finally smiled at the sight of his good daughter. He came to her and embraced her. "I'm sorry, my baby girl," he murmured silently.

Chin-Sun put her arms around HeeChul's neck and hugged him back. "I told you not to call me baby girl anymore," she reminded him quickly and chuckled.

HeeChul laughed as well. "I'm sorry, my princess. Good night. Sleep well," he said and kissed her cheek before he stood up and she waved at him with a bright smile before she closed her eyes.

HeeChul sighed silently and went to the bedroom. SiWon was in the bathroom.

HeeChul just lay down in bed because he was too tired to change his clothes due to all the tests earlier.

HeeChul stared at the ceiling. He blinked with his eyes furiously when tears started to come to his eyes.

He didn't know why he felt like crying. He gulped. He certainly wasn't ready for another child. How could he be pregnant, he wondered himself. SiWon had told him he wasn't. He had convinced him not to worry but now, he really was.

"HeeChul," SiWon tried once again when he came back to their bedroom. He looked at HeeChul in hope but at first, HeeChul didn't even react.

"Look, I know-" SiWon was immediately cut off by HeeChul. "Yeah, I know, too. Is Chin-Sun sleeping?" he asked and SiWon, a little bit surprised about HeeChul's question, nodded.

"Let's go down. I don't want to talk here. Chin-Sun might hear us," HeeChul explained and got up from the bed.

SiWon just followed HeeChul. He was a little bit afraid for he had never seen HeeChul like that. Maybe, HeeChul was angry with him now. Maybe, HeeChul wanted to break up now. There were just so many things HeeChul could be angry about.

HeeChul took a deep breath and led the other one out of the hotel.

"Let's take a walk," he only said and SiWon agreed.

The two walked along the street without saying anything at first.

Eventually, SiWon couldn't take the silence anymore and spoke up. "HeeChul, I-"

"You told me I wouldn't. You ing told me I wouldn't!" HeeChul shouted angrily and turned around to glare at SiWon.

"I-I...Yes, but isn't it good tha-" SiWon was interrupted once again because by now, HeeChul was more than furious and SiWon was sure that he had never seen HeeChul that angry.

"NO, IT'S NOT GOOD!" HeeChul yelled and took a step closer to SiWon. "I'm ing pregnant! Pregnant! I don't want a second child," he hissed, this time more quietly because of course, he didn't want all the other people that were still on the street this late to listen as well.

"But we can't change it. Or do you want an abortion?" SiWon asked carefully.

"No," HeeChul muttered. "But still...I don't want this! I ING DON'T WANT THIS! I DON'T!" HeeChul kept on yelling, not realizing that they were already at the beach. There weren't many people anymore.

SiWon just listened to HeeChul, letting him yell because he hoped that would calm him down in the end.

"SiWon, DAMN! You lied to me! Do you know that? YOU LIED! We agreed not to lie!" HeeChul screamed and SiWon sighed. "How should I have known that you would get pregnant?" he asked becaue he really couldn't have known before.

"I don't ing care!" HeeChul shrieked but then he asked in a low voice. "Ah, what should I do now?" and broke down crying, burying his face in his hands.

"HeeChul, I'm sorry," SiWon whispered and sank down on his knees. He was sitting a metre away from the other one because he was a little bit afraid of what HeeChul would do next. SiWon didn't dare to hug HeeChul or approach him. HeeChul would probably reject him anyway.

"And what should I do with your 'I'm sorry'?" he snapped and looked up, staring straight at SiWon with tears on his cheeks.

SiWon didn't know an answer, so he just looked away at the sea.

HeeChul stopped screaming and swallowed hard, calming down and stopping his tears. He turned his head to watch the ocean as well.

"I'm sorry," he heard SiWon murmured while still keeping his gaze on the water.

"What am I supposed to do the next weeks and months? SiWon, I'm sorry, too, but I'm afraid. It will be the same like before with Chin-Sun. The other students will think of me as..." HeeChul didn't finish this sentence and instead started a new one. "I don't want them all to judge me for that. I don't want them to think about me like the students in school did back then," HeeChul silently confessed and SiWon was surprised. "I always thought you don't care what other people say?" he asked without thinking.

HeeChul didn't answer. He kept his head down, so SiWon couldn't see his expression.

"I just don't want the same to happen once again," he murmured and SiWon nodded. "I'm so sorry. But stay strong. I'm with you. This time is not the same. You aren't alone. I'm there for you. I already promised to take care of you and Chin-Sun as if we were a family. HeeChul, we are. We don't need to get married to be a family if we love us like that and care for each of us," SiWon whispered and finally, he closed the distance and embraced HeeChul carefully.

"I love you," SiWon told HeeChul silently and kissed his temple softly.

HeeChul sighed and leaned against SiWon's chest, putting his arms around him, feeling the warmth.

They stayed like that before SiWon stood up and pulled HeeChul with him. SiWon smiled softly. "We can do it. Together," he whispered and squeezed HeeChul's hands.

HeeChul swallowed and nodded slowly. His tears had dried by now. SiWon smiled reassuringly and kissed HeeChul deeply. HeeChul didn't reject him and responded weakly.

When they parted, they headed back to the hotel and soon, they reached their suite. Chin-Sun was still asleep and so, HeeChul and SiWon got ready and went to bed as well, falling asleep in each other's arms.

 

TBC~