We're moving?!"

Little Deliveries

"Bwoh?!"

 

"Jaeni, please understand this. We have to go to Seoul. I've been leveled up by my boss. A better job is waiting me in Seoul", answered Mr. Yang. Jaeni shook her head.

 

"Anneyo! Appa, what about friends? You know I always have a hard time finding one. Now that I had few of them, we're moving?!" she shrieked. Mrs. Yang patted Jaeni's shoulders.

 

"Honey, I know you'll find new ones in Seoul. Now come, let's go upstairs and pack your things. We're leaving in the afternoon tomorrow", Jaeni followed her mother obediently. She went to her room and started putting her belongings in a HUGE box. After long hours of packing, she finally finished the job. She glanced at the 'Hello Kitty' clock hung on the wall of her room. "11:20. No wonder..." she stood up and changed into her pajamas, not bothering to take a bath. She slipped under the covers and finally drifted to sleep.

 

The next day, the sound of trucks woke her up. WHAT THE HELL---Oh right, I'm moving... She walked towards the bathroom and took a shower, cleaning all the grimes that live on her body since yesterday. "That was refreshing", she said, turning off the tap. She brushed her hair and went downstairs. "Omma, Appa... Why are the trucks here? Aren't they're too early?"

 

"Jaeni, we have to move early. Appa's boss is waiting at Seoul now. Go and get your things and put them in the trucks", ordered her mother. Jaeni nodded and rushed upstairs.

 

"Aisshhh... This is such a pain. Moving--- AGAIN", she sighed. Well, since Appa worked for a promoting agency, they move around very much. She didn't even remember staying in one place longer than 4 months. It was tiring, but what can she do? She scooped up her sling bag and lifted up a few boxes downstairs. "Omma, will you help me by taking that green storage box of mine? I placed it behind the door". Her mother nodded and went upstairs. Moments later, she came down, struggling to keep her balance.

 

"You always leave the hard ones for me, is it?" her mother said. Jaeni grinned cheekily and lifted up her shoulders. After they finished emptying the house, Jaeni walked into her Appa's car.

 

In the middle of the road, Jaeni asked. "Appa, what do our house looked like?"

 

"We'll live in a condo, Jaeni. I've surveyed it before. I thought it was nice", replied Mr. Yang. Jaeni nodded. "Why did you ask?"

 

"Oh? Nothing. Just curious", she mumbled. She took out her iPod and started listening to one of her favorite songs, Angela by Super Junior. She sang to the song until the end. Eventually, all the songs in her iPod are Super Junior's. So, she sang to all of them. After getting tired of singing, she stopped and grabbed a magazine out of her bag and started reading. Her eyelids slowly felt heavy and she fell asleep.

 

"Jaeni. Jaeni. Wake up. We're here", she heard her Omma's voice. Jaeni fluttered open her eyelids and saw her mother smiling. She rubbed her eyes and stared at a brown condominium in front of her. "We've finished the unpacking already. You were sleeping like baby. I just couldn't wake you up", her mother smiled.

 

"You've unpacked already?!" she asked, surprised. Mrs. Yang nodded. Jaeni sighed. "You should have woke me up. I want to help". She stepped out of the car and looked at her surroundings. Nice. 'Yang Jaeni, it's a new start----again', she thought. Her mother lead her towards their house. She saw her father rearranging a vase of orchids. Jaeni smiled. "You're right Appa. It's beautiful".

 

"You like it already?" he asked. Jaeni nodded. She walked into every room. Then, she arrived in a room with all her stuffs in it.

 

"Wow...Omma and Appa did all this", she laid on the bed for a while. Then, she sprung up. She walked out to the living room, where her Omma and Appa are watching the tv. "Omma, Appa. I'm going to have a look around this place".

 

"Alright. Be back before dark", reminded Mr. Yang. Jaeni nodded and took her sweater. Although it's the end of February, the wind is still freezing. She walked out the house and closed the door. She breathed in the sweet scented air. She walked towards the elevator and pressed the button 'down'. She waited and within ten seconds, the door opened. She walked in, humming a tune. The doors closed. She glanced around. A guy is there. Weird. 'He's wearing his beanie, hiding his face', she thought. Once the elevator door opened, the guy quickly stepped outside. Jaeni followed him out. She glanced around, but the guy was no where to be seen.

 

"That dude is weird. Oh well..." she walked towards the swimming pool nearby. "A pool? Cool... I'll swim sometimes.." She walked towards a bench and sat down. She enjoyed watching a pair of pigeons on the bird fountain. "Aww... how sweet".

 

"What is?" asked a voice. Jaeni spun around but saw no one. She shivered. She stood up and walked back towards the elevator. 'Who was that? Is this place haunted or something?' She didn't bother to turn around. After walking inside the elevator, she sighed with relief. The door opened when it reached the 5th floor. 'This is not my floor'. Just then, a man walked in. He smiled and ignored Jaeni. Then, it stopped at on the 6th floor. Jaeni walked out and headed towards her house.

 

"That was creepy. Who's voice was it?" she questioned while taking a bath. She decided to ignore it when it's time for dinner. After dinner, she went to her room and sat on her bed, reading a book. A knock came upon her door. Her mother walked in.

 

"You better go to sleep, dear. Tomorrow's your first day at Seoul University. Don't want to get that beautiful face of yours crammed up", she said. Jaeni closed the book and yawned.

 

"It's about time, too... Nite, Omma", she said, as her mother walked towards her, turning off the lights.

 

"Good night, Jaeni...", Mrs. Yang kissed Jaeni's forehead and headed out of the room.