Chapter 4

He Wrote A Song About Me

That was the last time that things were ever the same for the couple. Things changed so fast for them emotionally that everything they were feeling got mixed up and blown up. They were both so busy with promotions and traveling that they hardly had time to speak to each other. For Hyuna the separation was more of a strain on her than she expected. In the few months that it had been since their last real time together she began to develop feelings…for someone else.

~ Is your heart comfortable by finding a new love?
I hope you’re not having any regrets
Because for a short while, you perfectly broke me down~

“Today was fun,” Hara said as they were preparing to leave the set of Invincible Youth. Hyuna didn’t reply, just continued to gather her things in what seemed to be a daze.  Hara looked over at her friend curiously as she stopped giving her full attention to her. She leaned forward a bit to get a look at her face.

“Hyuna?” she said again before giving her a little nudge with her hand. Hyuna jumped turning towards her which made Hara jump also.

“You scared me!” Hyuna whined

“I thought you knew I was here…” Hara said softly looking at Hyuna as she had a hand over her heart. “Are you alright?” She asked cautiously as Hyuna ran a hand through her hair.

“Yes, I just…” she looked away from Hara and smiled while looking at her bag on the table in front of her.

“What?” Hara urged, Hyuna bit her lip before finally grabbing Hara’s hand and pulling her to the bathroom.

“What is it?” Hara asked again becoming more alarmed since Hyuna pulled her into the bathroom so no one would hear.

“Is it normal to get butterflies around one person and not to get butterflies around the person who you should be getting butterflies around even though you used to?” She rushed out looking at Hara with frantic eyes. Hara frowned holding her hands up.

“Wait explain with more words please? You get butterflies around someone –“

“Yea, but not around the person who I should be getting them around, I mean I used to get them around that person but I haven’t for a long time and I just…UGH!” Hyuna exclaimed tugging at her hair and stomping over to the toilet putting the lid down so she could sit on it.

“So…” Hara said after they were in silence for a while “What your telling me is that…that you have feelings for someone…” She looked at Hyuna as she hesitated a moment before shrugging and nodding her head sadly. Hara sighed biting her lip before continuing “And you don’t have that same feeling around…Junhyung anymore?”

“Ah!! What’s wrong with me?!” Hyuna yelled covering her face with her hands. Hara sighed rushing over and crouching down in front of her. She grabbed her wrists trying to get her to uncover her eyes.

“There’s nothing wrong with you! You’re human and you have emotions and…and it happens. Really, you can’t help what you feel or when you feel it.” Hyuna sighed uncovering her face and looking at Hara who was showing her nothing but concern.

“Really?”

“Yea, now how long have you…” she trailed off as Hyuna dropped her head

“A while.”

 “Oh,” was all that Hara could say. They were silent again both lost in their thoughts of what Hyuna just confessed.

Hyuna was thinking of how she could continue to deny the new feelings that she was having for this new person and stay happy with Junhyung. Hara was thinking how no matter how this plays out someone is going to be hurt in the end. Then there was a knock on the door shocking both of the girls.

“Whoevers in there you have ten minutes,” A voice called before seeming to leave. Hara watched Hyuna as she nervously bit her lip.

“Does he know?”

“No!” Hyuna said with wide eyes, Hara nodded understanding.

“Well, I mean it could just be a brief crush you know how those can be. I had something like that with a guy I dated once. It was on Hyun Joong oppa, I got over that though, we still broke but…it wasn’t because I had a crush on someone.” Hara said trying to make light of the situation.

“I see,”

“Do you see the person…often? Or is it –“

“I see him…often you could say.” Hyuna said looking at Hara weakly.

“Do I know him?” Hyuna nodded.

“Yea, you do.” Hara stared at her a moment trying to think of who it could be that they both knew. Of course that list could be endless since there are many people you can meet in this industry. She stood up and frowned trying to figure it out before giving it up.

“I don’t know. Who is it?” Hyuna stayed where she was on the toilet before finally standing and looking at Hara.

“Lee Joon,” Hara’s eyes widened as there was another knock on the door.

“Hyuna? It’s time to go!” The voice of Hyuna’s manager came through the door. Hyuna told Hara not to speak of what happened before leaving rushing to catch up with her manager.