Midnight Conversation

THE WARMTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was in the middle of their comeback preparation when the four girls gathered in the living room with their baggy eyes and black circles under them. Due to the lack of sleep and exhausted body, they had sit on the floor around the glass table with their heads lay on the table or on the couch behind them. They heaved a sigh, throwing a ‘why-did-we-end-up-like-this’ look to each other. None of them had succeeded to close her eyes or lay on the bed and got sleepy. For the rest of the night, each one of them was busy going back and forth in the small dorm. Their dragged feet could be heard through the rooms and it honestly bothered the others.

“Sounds like Zombies are here,” Sunhwa told the other when she joined the group.

They had grown costumed with silence since the four of them had moved out from the dorm and lived by themselves. Although so, they hadn’t terminated the contract to the small apartment since their company asked them to keep it for emergency case for comeback and group activities that needed them to stick together, or if the company needs to watch them after doing something unpredictable or troublesome.

It was fine at the first day. But as they got into eerie silence today when they knew that they were not alone, the anxiety somehow grew bigger between them. No one had a nice day. Everyone had a terrible day—although they didn’t know how that could happen to the four of them in the same time.

Hana got pissed upon some people looked at her with mocking smile—she knew they talked about her and her face, again. Then, she had to greet the company’s new group when she was going to take a short nap. They didn’t only visit but asked to take some pictures. ‘Promotional tactic and documentary’ they said. Hana almost punched their manager due to the ‘formal’ yet annoying excuse. Just when they had done taking pictures, it was her turn again to be filmed. No more short nap for Hana. Her chance had gone, blew by the wind. And for someone who had craved for a short nap, what she had experienced was totally unacceptable. Hana hated to be bothered by unnecessary stuffs that disadvantaged her.

JiEun met with annoying staffs today. Even her usual make up artist—who usually cheered her— was unable to come. Someone replaced her and he almost ripped her hair from JiEun’s head. Not only that, she had to accept the fact that someone had brought the wrong dress for her. It took the team half and an hour to replace the dress. The issue made JiEun to get impatient look from the director. And then, when they went back to the studio recording, the producer made her to sing high notes for more than ten times. She had to retake a part that had the most “emotion” and yet she continuously failed, said the producer. JiEun almost threw her heels to him. Now, she suffered from sore throat and unable to talk without sounding funny and torturing herself. The producer had no heart and told her to get ready for tomorrow as he wanted her to do some retakes for some parts. Again. JiEun hated demanding and unskilled people.

Sunhwa got to see disgusting and annoying people today. She saw a couple making out in front of her in the café she usually went to buy her breakfast. Sure, they sat on the corner of the café where almost no one noticed them but Sunhwa, who accidentally laid her eyes upon their corner. She almost swore when she watched the girl ate the man’s face. What bothered her was the look the girl gave her when they parted and her eyes caught Sunhwa looking at them in disapproving manner. She gave a sly smirk. And she threw it to Sunhwa who didn’t even recognize the two of them. Then, when she went back to the filming location with her upset mood, she sipped her coffee only to realize that she had got the wrong coffee.  It didn’t stop until that. She had to face her manager’s mistake for putting her music video filming with an after party event for the drama she played in. Her texts were ignored by the director and she had to send a long apologize to the drama’s chat group to explain herself. Sunhwa had never liked to be the bad girl in a bad situation that could threaten her carrier.

Hyosung’s private life had been a mess today.  Her mom called to tell her that her sister had got into another debt. Thankfully, Hyosung is able to cover up the number of money she borrowed. But it still made her upset to think that her sister had done this for the tenth times in two months. Yes, the number could be counted as small but still, to get the same news over and over again, she had grown tired of it. Then, Himchan had decided to be the most annoying guy today. He kept texting her with news she would never concern about and calling her ignorant for telling him what she thought about those news. He then told his trip to overseas lately when she wanted to take her short nap chance. She couldn’t leave her phone because it kept ringing. She had no courage to silence it because she was worried that the President or her manager would call her to control their work or telling her about her next schedule. Hyosung hated on why people couldn’t silence their mouths for once.  

Hana broke the silence as she groaned in annoyance. Her head was spinning madly and someone had probably hit a hammer on her brain. She definitely needed to sleep but her eyes had decided to be betrayers as they refused to close and help her to reach her sleeping need.

JiEun, who sat next to Sunhwa , sighed as she pressed her side face more to the cool surface of the table. Her body was burnt from the slight fever she got. JiEun had refused to take medicine as she didn’t want to be half drunk tomorrow after eating the medicines.

Sunhwa was half asleep and half awake as her head continuously slipped from the couch and her hair kept getting into . She rubbed her temple when she realized she wouldn’t get nice sleep tonight. Her stomach had growled in a bad manner since the evening and she just couldn’t sleep because they felt messed up. Hyosung, who sat on the left side of Hana, mumbled words she couldn’t even recognize. The mumblings were horrible as she sensed herself to drool on the glass table’s surface

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter