Chapter 4

My Crush is My Arranged Spouse? Cool.

Both Taemin and Suzy zombied out after hearing the not so good news and the bad news.

They didn't know the fate that awaits them.

"hyung, what's with the long face?"

Kai asked Taemin. Taemin just looked at him and shook his head.

"what's wrong with him?"

Kai thought as he followed him in their classrooms.

Time went by and the usually happy and energetic Taemin was like a slug today.

"Taemin, would you care to answer the question?"

The teacher asked but Taemin didn't respond.

"mister Lee."

The teacher said in an annoyed tone but Taemins still didn't respond and kept staring at an empty space.

"Taemin!"

The teacher shouted and this time, Taemin flinched.

"Y..yes?"

Taemin asked while blinking his eyes cutely. He always does this cute thing whenever he gets punished.

"Wash your face. Now."

The teacher said while pointing out the door. Taemin sighed and slowly went out the door.

"What's wrong with that boy today?"

The teacher asked the class and everybody responded by looking at Kai but he just replied with a shrug.

--

"Suzy-yah~ It's a miracle you don't have make-up on."

IU said while poking her cheeks with chopsticks. It was lunch already but Suzy still has her just-woken-up face.

"It's called laziness not mircale, IU."

She sighed and didn't bother on eating.

"You on diet?"

IU asked.

"Geez, stop asking me questions! You piss me off!"

Suzy suddenly shouted while glaring at IU. Everybody then started to look at them. Whispers filled the room in no time.

"Um..Suz-"

"You know, you just don't know when to shut your mouth. You're so annoying!"

Suzy continued then flipped her plate towards IU. Her food suddenly went flying towards IU, making her obvioulsy messy.

"Don't talk to me got that?"

Suzy's last words hurt IU so much she felt like crying at that moment. She wanted to shout back at her but she couldn't. And just when she gained the courage to do so, Suzy left.

Within a second, everybody gathered around IU, asking her questions about what happened and all.

 "that really is crazy huh?"

"What's wrong with her?"

"Why is she so rude?"

"Was it so bad to ask her what's wrong?"

They all told IU, thinking it will actually cheer her up, but it didn't.

"You're no different from her! You guys told her bad things. Did you seriously think that made me feel better? Why no try asking me 'Are you alright?' or Áre you hurt?' You didn't right? Now tell me how you guyys differ from her!"

She yelled while pushing everyone on her tracks to get out of the huge crowd. It wasn't long before she got away from them but unfortunately she tripped over some guy's feet. SHe felt head first down the floor.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"

It was Taemin.

"Oh, Ji Eun, right?"

Taemin asked while helping her stand back on her feet.

IU being ready to cry after all what just happened, cried.

"Sorry. Did it hurt that bad. Sssh, I'm sorry."

Taemin said trying to calm her down.

IU wasn't thinking clearly that time so she just went in to dive for a hug.

"Um okay, I'm sorry so please stop crying."

He said gently while patting her head.

"Okay?"

He continued.

IU looked up, her face looked smudgy but cute. IU smiled at him sincerely which made him blush.

"Yes, I'm sorry if I bothered you, Taemin"

She smiled while rubbing her eyes to clear her tears. She was trying to get something out of her pocket, hanky maybe?

"Oh, you know my name."

He said while lending her his handkerchief. IU smiled once more and took it.

"Thanks. Of course I know you, you're Kai's pal. I got a lot of connections so yeah."

She said.

"Oh I see. Why are you crying earlier?"

Taemin asked. They were already walking while talking as of the moment.

"Oh, earlier Suzy shouted at me and I shouted at everbody else. And I tripped on you, it hurt."

IU said with a monotone voice. Her face might be smiling but her voice shows all the sad emotions.

" Suzy can't possibly do that. I mean, aren't you guys so close?."

Taemin said, trying to protect his beloved.

"Well, she already did."

Iu said.

"Sorry. Are you alright with all the things that happened?"

Taemin asked, concerned.

"Yeah. It's no big deal. I can mange."

She said with a smile.

A long conversation went on from then. Taemin brought her to her classroom.

"See you later."

"Yeah, see you. Thanks again."

Taemin went back to his classroom.

"I never thought Suzy would do that. She's so angelic, hardly part of her is evil. I would never have imagined."

Taemin thought.

Meanwhile in IU's classroom.

"Can't be annoying enough huh?"

Suzy told IU while pushing her.

"Suzy, can you please stop?"

IU answered back.

"Stop? How can I stop when a friend suddenly annoyed me and is currently taking away my crush?!"

She shouted.

"What is wrong with you?! He only tried to help me!"

IU shouted back.

"That's it, our friendship's over."

And the truth is, it also happened between Taemin and Kai.