Teaser 01

Yume Maid Café (APPLY CLOSED)

The orange of the sky cast a bright light across the sidewalk as Yoomi strolled toward home. Marry Me was going to be on soon so she picked up her pace just a bit. Seoul was so pretty at sunset. "How romantic" she whispered as she stared at the brilliantly light skyline.

She was too busy looking up to realize the fence that blocked her path, so she ran smack into it and fell backwards from the shock. "Ouch" she pouted as she stood up and rubbed her behind. She brushed the dirt from her shorts and stood up slowly. Her eyes wandered up past the pearly white fence and landed on the cute little house behind. It's slightly yellow paint and the red and white accents from the flowers that lined the walkway made the house stand out in the crowded, dirty city.

"Kawaii!!!!" she half screamed as she looked at the little house with its white picket fence. The sign outside squeaked slightly as it swung in the cool Spring breeze. "Yume Maid Café" she read aloud. She glanced back at the café with its white shutters and realized the "Now Hiring" sign hanging from the banister.

Suddenly it hit her. This was her opportunity. She squealed in delight at the thought. Yoomi half skipped half ran down the gray concrete path and up the steps to the patio. To the right of the door, a small note was stapled in place informing Yoomi that the café was to open in one week's time and that five girls were needed before that date.

She hesitated a moment as she raised her hand up to knock. What if she was just bothering the owner? She really didn't want some grumpy old woman coming out and yelling at her. She shook the thought aside as she realized how ridiculous she was being. The owner wanted people to come and apply for the job. And then there was the subject Yunho, her butler, and Sunny, her head maid. What would they think? And how was Yoomi to go through with this without their help? Could she really do this alone? Well, there was no going back now. She had to go through with this, alone.

She took a deep breath before knocking. She exhaled as a young looking woman with a huge smile on her face opened the door. "How may I help you?" the woman said without losing her ear-to ear grin. "I'm here about the café, but I guess you kinda figured that. I just saw the help wanted... I mean now hiring sign in front of the house, if it even is a house which I'm not sure about, not having seen the inside. Anyway, I was wondering if it was maybe possible if I could apply for a job here if your still hiring and if you're looking for a girl like me, I mean." Yoomi took a gulp of air since she felt rather winded from her long speech. The woman's smile grew wider, if that was even possible. It was almost a little creepy how happy she seemed, but Yoomi just thought about how perfect her smile was and how excited she was to finally have this chance to prove herself. "By all means, come in!!! Of course we're still hiring, actually I still need all five girl," she said holding the door open wide and beckoning for Yoomi to step inside. "I'm Kim Minhee" she said as she stretched out her hand "The manager of Yume Maid Café". Yoomi shook her hand " Hwang Yoomiko imnida, but you can call me Yoomi," Yoomi tried to smile as warmly as Minhee, which was not an easy thing to do.

"This café is absolutely adorable!!!" Yoomi squealed happily as she looked around the pink room. She could tell it wasn't quite finished, but it already looked so cute that Yoomi could hardly contain her urge to run around making up love stories for every section of the room. That thought suddenly reminded her: Marry Me. She was going to miss it!!! "I'm sorry Manager-nim but I have to get going soon so could you please tell me how I can apply for this job?"

Minhee nodded and walked over to a dresser on the side of the room with tons of nick-knacks and cutesy decorations already in it. She pulled a small packet of papers from one of the shelves and walked back across the room to stand in front of Yoomi. "Just fill this out and have it back to me before the end of the week. We also may have to do an interview, but that can wait til later" Minhee winked at her and quickly flipped to the last page of the packet and scribbled something before handing the papers over to Yoomi. Yoomi thanked Minhee three times and hugged the packet close to her chest as she turned toward the exit. As she opened the door, Minhee called her name. Yoomi whipped her head around as Minhee advised her "Please fill those forms out yourself and don't force your maids or butler to do it for you." With that Minhee walked into a back room. Yoomi was a little surprised. How had she known that that was exactly what Yoomi had been contemplating?

'Weird' she thought as she stepped out into the slightly chilly breeze. She tightened her grip on the packet in her arms as the wind nipped at her bare legs. The sun had almost completely set and the orange had been erased from the clouds. In the distance, Yoomi could hear her name being called by Yunho and Sunny's distinct voices. It was slightly embarrassing but Yoomi had become accustom to it. A smirk snuck its way onto her face as she thought about what she had just done.... without help. Yoomi looked down at the papers and remembered Minhee's writing on the last page. She quickly flipped to it to find a blank page except for a small poem in the middle written in perfectly neat cursive.

The time is now,

To take your turn.

Break free of your bonds

On your own you will learn.

Yoomi was stunned. This poem, it was perfect for her. It seemed to have the certainty that she lacked. "Is this the answer?" The thought made her head spin a little. She had the sudden urge to call out Yunho or Sunny's name in hopes that they could help her answer these confusing questions.

The shouting of her name became louder snapping Yoomi from her thoughts. 'This can wait, I'll be able to think better once I've eaten a bit and slept on it." She walked down the steps and back onto the sidewalk before stopping to breath in the fresh air. She sighed and began to walk toward the sounds of her obviously-distressed servants.


So here's Yoomi's teaser!!! I'm sorry if it was a little boring, my computer literally shut off twice while I was writing it and I lost almost everything the first time. Luckily the second time I typed it on a word document so it was saved =D But still, sometimes I hate technology.

Anyway, I'm so sorry if I didn't do your character a lot of justice in this chapter orange_carnival =( I promise her personality will come out a lot more in future chapters. If I portrayed her wrong PLEASE tell me. Oh, and does she prefer to be called Yoomi or Yoomiko by people she doesn't know too well? I obviously put it as Yoomi, but if I did it wrong let me know and I'll change it ^^

Next girl should be up pretty soon so keep your eyes out!!! And apply is still open so keep the apps coming =D

<3 Chelly