Teaser 02

Yume Maid Café (APPLY CLOSED)

"He's late!" Seohye huffed as she paced back and forth in front of the daycare. She glanced at her watch again. Thoughts began to creep into her head. 'What if he's not okay? What if something happened to him? What if he was hurt?!' Seohye began to panic. Her speed increased as she continued passing the gate that lead into the daycare center.

She heard a sudden cough from behind her. She spun around on her heels and came face-to-face with the owner of the daycare. In her arms was the cutest little boy with big brown eyes and chubby cheeks that were just asking to be pinched. "Taehoon!" she shouted as she took the boy from the woman's outstretched arms. "You worried me half to death!" Seohye tapped him on the nose as if to scold him.

"Sowwy eonnie," his soft voice mumbled under his breath. The angelic whisper made Seohye smile.

"I'll let it slide this time," she said trying to sound slightly intimidating, but failing miserably. "But next time I won't be able to give you this," she continued as she whipped a lollipop from the pocket of her torn capris. Taehoon's face light up like a Christmas tree.

"Is that for me, eonnie?" he asked as his eyes grew even bigger than they already were. Seohye's smile stretched from ear to ear as she handed the precious treasure to him. He couldn't mask the wonder and excitement in his eyes as he peeled off the wrapper and stuck the watermelon flavored candy in his mouth. She could tell that he was struggling with eating the lollipop while keeping the sheepish grin on his face, but it was the cutest thing to watch. 'Kids are just too adorable,' Seohye thought as she quickly the lollipop in the boy's hand when he took it out to swallow. Taehoon looked up at her with a puppy-dog face and then back at the lollipop as though it had been defiled. Seohye rolled her eyes a bit before taking the candy and sticking it back in the child's mouth. He glanced at her innocently before happily on it once again. Seohye couldn't contain her giggles at the toddler's aegyo as she carried him away from the nursery.

***Later that day***

"Aigoo... Another rejection," Seohye murmured as she sat down on the steps in front of the large office building. The woman hadn't been very nice about it either. Seohye could still feel the sting mark where she had been slapped after pushing her case and continuously asking the woman to reconsider. Seohye sighed and reached up to touch her tender cheek. "She really wasn't a bad lady," Seohye thought aloud, "she just didn't have enough room for me." People passing by on the street looked at her funny and she realized she had been talking rather loudly to no one. She blushed a little and made a point to continue her dialogue in her head. 'She was actually very nice, I mean, she did take time out of her busy schedule just to see me.' Seohye concluded.

With that, she stood up and began the walk back to her apartment in Gireum (a neighborhood in Seoul). The walk was long, but Seohye was used to it. Most of the population of Seoul walked when they needed to get somewhere, especially teens such as herself. The walk was actually rather refreshing. The slight breeze that drifted around the buildings smelled fresh and cooled the warm spring evening. The sun had already begun to set and it cast rays of pink and purple across the sky illuminating it in a beautiful array of color.

As she walked, she began to hum. The lights in the sky began to wane as dusk approached. Seohye kept walking, watching as the radiant colors slowly faded into a deep, navy blue and then to black. "Color comes and color goes," she sang to a tune she had just made up, "But each color is replaced with a new one that shines with its own brilliance," she continued, starting to really get into it. "And every time..." she stopped as she suddenly became aware of two eyes watching her.

"Hello there!" Seohye shouted cheerfully and without hesitation waving her hand in the direction of the mysterious figure. She couldn't see the person very well, darkness had almost fully set in and the street lights hadn't come on yet. There was no immediate answer and Seohye took a few steps toward the person. "Hello?" she questioned now close enough to make out the person's silhouette. There was a moment of silence before the answer came.

"Oh hi there!" replied a feminine voice that seemed to belong to a woman in her twenties. "I'm sorry, I was kinda lost in thought. I heard your singing though, it was really good!!!" the woman remarked. Seohye could just make out her pearly white teeth in the faint light as she smiled.

Suddenly, Seohye's stomach growled loud enough for her family over in Gireum to hear. The woman couldn't hide her giggles as the younger girl blushed madly. 'Thank god it's dark out,' Seohye thought.

"Would you like to come inside and have a bite to eat before you go on your way?" the woman offered.

"No, it's okay thank you," Seohye replied "I'm not really that hungry and I wouldn't want to be a burden".

"That is a lie," the woman answered seeming strangely a bit agitated. Seohye's stomach growled again as if to agree with the lady. "Come with me," the woman said taking Seohye gently by the wrist and leading her through the darkness up onto a porch and into a house. She flicked on the lights to reveal a room with tons of tables and chairs with cute patterns in pastel colors. Seohye's eyes widened a bit. This was such a cute little café!!! "My name is Minhee, by the way, Kim Minhee." said the woman as she made a minor bowing motion. Seohye returned the bow. "Moon Seohye imnida. It's nice to meet you!" Seohye replied enthusiastically.

"I'll be back in just a minute with some food, feel free to sit anywhere you like," Minhee called over her shoulder as she walked through a doorway on the left. Seohye was left alone to fawn over the adorable café.

Eventually, she settled down at one of the tables and sat back into the squishy pink chair. Minhee quickly returned with a large plate overflowing with pastries. Seohye's mouth watered a little as she stared at the sweets being placed in front of her. "Thank you so much," she said peeling her eyes away from the platter to look at Minhee. Minhee simply smiled and motioned for her to dig in as she took a seat opposite Seohye.

"So I know this may sound a bit out of the blue, but I was wondering if you might be interested in having a job working here at my maid café," Minhee questioned as she watched the younger girl wolf down the treats. Abruptly, Seohye stopped.

"Wait, are you offering me a job?" she asked with food still in . Minhee nodded. Seohye swallowed before nodding her head vigorously. To think she had been looking for a job for weeks now without success and suddenly one was straight out being offered to her.

"Great!" Minhee smiled as she stood up and quickly crossed the room to a bookshelf where she took a few papers off a stack on one of the shelves. She scribbled something on the last page she had taken before handing the packet to Seohye. "If you could please fill this out and bring it back to me as soon as possible, that would be great." Minhee gave a huge smile as Seohye accepted the papers with both hands.

As she looked down at the packet, Seohye caught sight of her watch. "!" she shouted as she jumped up from the chair. "I've gotta get home! Oh god, I hope nothing happened." And with that, she took off through the door and into the crisp, cool night air clinging tightly to the pages in her hand.


And I'm back!!! Sorry for the lack of updating, school gets in the way of so many things. Anyway, yay for an update!!! ^^

XxChuu, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me if I portrayed your character correctly. Feedback is always welcome

Next girl should be revealed some time during the week so look out =D And apply is still open if anyone still needs to get their apps in =)

Until next time,

<3 Chelly