Teaser 04

Yume Maid Café (APPLY CLOSED)

"Amaya!!! Get down here!!!" Amaya sleepily rolled over at the call and for a second enjoyed the last moments of her sleep before a long day. Weekends were never Amaya's thing, especially when she had nothing to do but sit around with her family. The alarm clock on her bedside table read 7:10. What was she doing up that early? "Amaya get down here before I have to come up there and roll you out of bed myself!!!" the grumpy-sounding shrill voice called from downstairs.

"Mom sounds extra happy today," Amaya scoffed sarcastically as she lazily sat up and rubbed her eyes. Sleep was too precious to be interrupted by whatever petty problem her mom had for her. Still, she didn't have much choice, when mother called, daughter answered. It was too early in the morning to get into a screaming match.

In one quick motion, Amaya pulled the blankets off and exposed her legs to the biting cold. Better to get it over with fast. She jumped out of bed and opened the closet picking out a long tank top with ripped jeans and flung open her door to be greeted with the bright morning sun. In the room next door she thought she could hear Adrian, her twin brother, moving around. Why did no one in this household besides Amaya appreciate sleep?

Reluctantly, Amaya descended the stairs slowly and without rushing a single step, hoping every minute she wasn't about to get a good old-fashioned scolding from her mom. Though they were common for Amaya, she never got used to being yelled at and she most certainly didn't enjoy it. It was bad enough with the weight of the world that they expected her to carry around on her shoulders.

As she reached the bottom of the staircase, something seemed off. Alexis wasn't waiting there tapping her foot and frowning like she usually was when Amaya had done something wrong. There was a faint sound of women talking, possibly coming from the living room on the other side of the house. That was odd. Who in the world would be visiting at this hour? And why would Amaya have to get out of bed for it? Full of curiosity, she inched closer to the doors to the living room behind which a light peeked through the crack between the door and floor. Straightening her back and brushing her hair back slightly so as to seem more proper, she knocked lightly on the door. Inside, the conversation stopped abruptly and after a short pause Amaya heard her mother's voice say "Come on in, dear." Amaya was taken aback. Her mother calling her "dear"? Something definitely had to be up. She regained her composure in a second and cleared slightly before opening the door and entering.

Amaya had rarely spent time in the living room, the Wus didn't have company over often and Amaya tried to remain out of the house as much as possible so as to keep from ripping her mother and her sister's heads off. At least Cassandra had gone to college now, but that left Amaya and Adrian in the spotlight where Amaya really didn't belong. The room wasn't anything spectacular: just a tan couch sitting across from two cushy looking chairs and a few lamps and lights here and there. No TV, no paintings, no decorations, just a coffee table sitting between the couch and chairs. But it wasn't the room that interested Amaya, it was the person inside it. She was a young looking woman, probably in her mid twenties. She had straight, brown hair and an incredibly slender frame. She was quite pretty and she had a huge smile on her face that revealed her pearly white teeth.

"Hi there! My name is Minhee, and you must be Amaya! I've heard a lot about you from your mother." Amaya shook the lady's outstretched hand and, though slightly puzzled at the fact that her mother talked about her, acted politely and smiled back. "Your mother helped me design the new Maid Café that I'm opening called Yume Maid Café. She really was a big help and every now and then she would mention her wonderful daughters and son so I got curious and decided to come meet you for myself." Amaya nodded politely as Minhee talked though things didn't seem to be adding up in her mind. There had to be more to reason this lady would come out this early to meet her.

"You must be thinking that there has to be more to the reason I came out here this early to meet you. Well you're right. My maid café is supposed to open tomorrow and unfortunately I'm still short two maids. I guess I'll cut right to the chase: would you like to work for me at Yume Maid Café?"

Amaya was a little bit taken aback. This lady was so open and didn't beat around the bush in the least. But wasn't that the definition of a lady? Beating around the bush and throwing underhanded comments? At least, that's what a lot of famous people and books point to. But that wasn't the point. The point was that she had just been offered a job. Amaya glanced to her mother who stood slightly behind the woman nodding her head vigorously with a slight smile on her lips. That was rare. She must be really excited about this job offer. With a sigh Amaya recognized that this wasn't really her choice at all, her mother had already made the decision for her and if Amaya were to "screw it up" as her mother would say she would be in for a good scolding and possibly being forced to stay in her room and do nothing but study for the rest of the weekend. Not that Amaya would mind that so much, it was more the scolding she didn't want. She couldn't disappoint her parents, not again.

Coming from her thought with her decision Amaya sat up even straighter than before and nodded with a big smile, trying to mimic the glee she saw in her mother's eyes. "I'd love to work for you!!!" Amaya replied feigning sarcasm with incredible accuracy. It wasn't that she didn't want to work at the café, she would enjoy the chance to get out of the house more often as long as it didn't interfere with her studies, but she hated that her mother had made the decision for her and that she had had no choice in the matter.

"Thank you! Oh thank you so much!" Minhee said with an even wider smile as her face lit up like a firecracker. She practically jumped out of her seat. She must be really desperate to get these maids. She reached into her bag that had been lying on the floor and pulled out a small packet of paper. Scribbling something incredibly quickly on the last page which appeared to be blank, she handed the paper over to Amaya. "Could you bring those in tomorrow and report at around 7:00 am so you can meet your co-workers and get ready for your first shift?" Amaya nodded slightly, skimming through the page on the top of the packet. "Great!!! I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning!"

Minhee grabbed her purse , said a rushed goodbye to the still smiling Alexis, shook hands with Amaya and excused herself from the room. Amaya was still absorbed in the packet when her mother came over and coughed a little to get her attention. Amaya looked up to see the smile on her mother's face gone. "This had better not affect your grades," she said sternly.

"It won't."


So here's Amaya's teaser everyone!!! Congrats again to Acarlex!!! Please tell me if I portrayed your character right!!!

I'm so sorry guys... I think I might have commitment issues as far as stories go... but I promise I'll keep trying to update as much as possible. Also, I started a new apply fanfic called The Next Generation. It hasn't been getting a lot of attention so PLEASE go check it out and apply!!!

Hopefully the last maid will be revealed during the week.

Until then,

<3 Chelly