finally

waiting for an angel

 

She was sitting next to Kris who was sleeping. She swept his head gently with her hand before kissed his forehead. “I love you, Kris.”. Her mind was travelling back to the past. She knew that she really missed him a lot. The pain that grew inside her waiting for him now was vanished, left only a disappointing fact that he was leaving her at the time she really needed him, the suffocating nine months, the years she spent on staying alive when she couldn’t without him. she was walking out of the room and taking a glass of water to refresh her weary soul. She sat on the couch when her eyes pinned on the monitor next to the door. She could see him sitting in front of the door, it had been hours and she was still there.  She started to think about the past days, how was his feeling when he knew that she betrayed him. why he still loved her like that. Why she should betrayed him again , why she should lie to herself, why she couldn’t accept him when he had opened his shattered heart for her, moreover, she couldn’t stay on watching Kris waiting for his father any longer.

She walked to the door, stopped for a while in front of the door before opened it and found him sleeping in front of the door with his head facing his own knee. She walked closer and he kept motionless. She sat next to him on the floor and leaned her head on his shoulder. He moved a bit before opened his eyes and found the desirable scent of her blow into him. “hyunjaeya, I’m sorry.” He whispered at her ears. “me too.” She moved her head closer to him when he kissed her forehead.

They were sitting on the couch, holding hands.

“you’ve made it, you’re such a great mom for Kris.” he whispered at her ears.  “we’ve made it, he looks a lot like you, he takes after you, that was the only thing for me to survive the past 6 years.”

They took a look at his room.

“Kris, how should we tell him about this. He’s still too young to understand our condition.” She asked him. “I’ve thought about it” he ensured her with his smile. “how?”. “he always prayed to meet his dad right?” he looked at her eyes. “but-“ she asked him hesitantly. “two Kris will be able to talk from heart to heart.”

***

The sun was shining from behind the window when Kris sat at the edge of the bed, looking at the little boy’s face before it moved lightly. He opened his eyes, he winked for times before ensuring his self that he was seeing the ahjeossi in front of him, or he was still dreaming. “ahjeossi?” he woke up and pushed his blanket off him. he laughed, “you can’t call me ahjeossi anymore, you know.” . he was jumped off his bed and sat next to him. “ahjeossi, I will tell mum that you’re a good guy so she won’t mad at you anymore. I promise.”, he hugged Kris Jr. “you don’t have to do that…”he smiled before continuing his sentence. “em, let’s see, have you prayed last night?” Kris was putting him on his lap, “yes, but-“, he laughed at him, “no but. I think God answer your prayer now…”, “really?” he was too excited to hear his sentence. “you can call me dad, Kris.” he swept her head lightly. “ahjeossi, why? Because my dad will never come again?”.  “that’s not it, Kris. I’m your father, my name is Kris, Wu Yi Fan is my Chinese name.”, “but my mom told me that my father…” he stopped. “God had saved me to meet you, Kris…” Kris started to feel worry with his sentence, will he be able to accept him as his dad. Suddenly Kris Jr. hugged him tightly, “God had answered my prayer better, you are better than the angel mom told me, dad!” they hugged each other before he picked him up to her back, “let’s tell mum about this!” they were rushing out of the room and heading to her who was waiting for them. “mum!!!!! Dad is coming!!” he shouted from behind his back. Kris winked at her. They were laughing and hugging each other.