frozen night

waiting for an angel

 

Aside from the busy night Seoul, the moon was shining brightly in a deep silence, its light was reflected on the water, glowing and striking to a house near it. The house was gleaming under the light. The night comforting breeze swept the rooftop, a girl was standing with her hands folded in front of her chest, her mind was rolling to the past.

The door swung open when a guy came out of it. He stopped for a second in front of the door before approaching her, he rounded his arms on her waist. The girl was startled to feel a chill touch on her waist but in a second it became a warming hug in the middle of this freezing night.

“what’s wrong?” the guy whispered on her ears.

She put her hands on his hands before shaking her head. She could feel a comforting breeze was blowing on her neck.

“then, why are you still here?” the guy swept her hair while waiting for her to turn her head at him.

“I’m just thinking…” she didn’t turn her head that made him wondering. She paused, “I’m just thinking what had happened the past months, I still can’t believe that all of them were real.” She pinned her eyes on the dark glowing night sky above them.

“so do I.” the guy pulled his hand off her before moving to her side. “but, does it mean that you are regretting them happened to you?” he was asking her.

She kept silent. He was facing her when she refused his look. “it isn’t like that, it’s just-“ she hadn’t finished her sentence when she turned her head at him, she tried to find the answer in his eyes without him saying a thing, but none. She could only find his confusing look. “do you love me?” her lips were trembling when the sentence came out.

His eyes were widened before it turned calm and comforting, “is it because of that? You want me to confess this?” he pulled her hand to his chest.

She could feel his heart was beating frequently under her hand, it hurt her more. She really wanted the things now happened just like other love story, but the thought of her that her feeling, his feeling maybe not real kept hurting her again and again. She pulled her hand frankly back. She glared at him.

“that’s not it, Kris. We, are we really in love, huh?” she was holding her fist to resist the pain inside her.

The guy was totally lost his mind. He never thought that the girl in front of her was thinking that way to him.

“I’m such a fool thinking that love is this simple. We’re not in a drama where you can love people that marry you out of the blue. We’re living in a real world.” She paused.

The guy was gathering back his shattered heart, every sentence of her was like a flame that burn him, the pain, desire, he was holding it all back with his own sentence. “is it what you are thinking about me, HyunJae? Or is it what you are feeling now?” the sentence came out of his frozen lips.

“would you still able to love me if we weren’t getting married? Would you still able to love me as HyunJae instead of your wife?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I only love you that’s it” His voice raised. The pain inside him was out as an anger at her.

“I don’t want this hurt both of us at the end. We’re just loving each other because of this marriage, I can’t hold this pain any longer, Kris. Your love is just killing me at the end when you finally realize that it isn’t it.”

“huyunjaeya-“ his voice was blowing with the breeze.

“the day you will say to me that it isn’t love,” she paused, “I want to end it now.” She turned her back at him before leaving him.

He could feel the pain now really took the air of his lung, her sentences had burnt his entire patience and leave only the passion. He ran after her in a second.

She was turning her head when he grabbed her face to him. she could feel his frozen lips were crushing hers passionately. “your sentences, I want to erase it all from you. I want to take all the pain of you, please-“ he hadn’t finished his sentence when he could feel tears were rolling down their locked lips. “please, don’t refuse me if you do love me.” he pledged. Was this the answer that she wanted from him.

“promise me that you won’t leave me, Kris.”

His lips crushed hers again, gently now. The passion and anger  were vanished when he felt hers were reacting to his, leave only the love and desire.

Their lips were synchronized in a harmony, under the opened sky. She was holding her passion with her hand crushing his shirt right before his lips left hers and traced down her jaw while his hand was moving down her hips and picked her up to him, they passed the door  before entering their own room.

***[restricted]***

The sun’s light was passing through the window, glowing on his reversed to her eyes. She opened her heavy eyes before pulling the blanket up to her neck, “Oh My God.” She whispered to herself. She turned her head at him, his eyes were still closed, but somehow, she felt that he was smiling. His angelic face tamed her anger. She held her hand to touch his face when he held it and kissed her hand, “awesome” he whispered. She pulled her hand back, “this isn’t fair, I’m not ready yet for that.” She frowned at him. “spontaneousity  sometimes goes a lot better” he smiled at her. “but, I’m afraid if we really made it.” She crushed the blanket in her hand. “emmm, I think we can do it again if we still hadn’t made it.” He moved under the blanket when she kicked him out of the blanket. “I really mean it, Kris. I’m afraid I can’t take care of our kids properly. I will be such a fool mom” she was talking while putting her blouse on. She was tying her hair when he hugged her back, “you’ve being such a good wife, why not to be such a good mom, then.”. She turned her head at him when he kissed her gently. “what do you want for your breakfast, kris?” she stood up and left him saying “anything as long as it yours”.

She was cutting the vegetables when a thought came to her mind. What made this arranged marriage happened, how could she end leaving in this house, why she should marry him, why she shouldn’t love him, and why now all the things were getting harder for her.

***