Cute Guy

I Am a Fool

 

Tiffany walks around her hometown alone, watching the things that have changed and the things that remain the same. It feels weird to see how things change without her knowing about the changes. Yunho brought her back two days after she came back to Korea. Yunho is staying in their hometown while she’s in Gwangju, but he’s working in Seoul whenever the boys need him there. Tiffany told him to just stay in Gwangju because she can take care of herself since she’s living in his parents’ house while her parents’ are still in the States.

 

Every day, Mrs Jung would teach Tiffany how to cook Yunho’s favourite meal just because Tiffany ask her to teach her how to. However even with her asking that question, both his parents never once ask her about the marriage or even about their relationship. They just talk about her study and her career as a model. Maybe Yunho had talk to them about it, that’s why both of them didn’t ask her about it.

 

Tiffany always loves the feeling of having a ring on her finger, it makes her feel like she have someone to rely on even though Yunho clearly said it’s a gift for their engagement and it won’t give any effect on their relationship status. She wears the ring because she wants Yunho to know that she accepts him. She is convinced that Yunho already know all of that since she asks the question in Japan but there’s no harm in showing her feelings to him.

 

Tiffany walks into the ice cream shop she used to visit a lot right after school, seeing the familiar face she sees smiling at her greeting her, telling her that it’s been a while and that he misses her. She smiles to the owner and sit at her usual place where she always sits with her other oppa or with Changmin. Setting aside the weird feeling of the new things happening in her hometown, she’s glad that there are things that just remain the same, and that this ice cream shop is still here watching her growing.

 

“This is my treat.” The owner gave Tiffany a large bowl of ice cream, knowing well that she can actually finish it all. Tiffany eats the ice cream calmly, no longer rushing to go back to home so her parents won’t know about her eating ice cream every day.

 

“How are you?” Tiffany look in front of her, the empty place which is now occupied. She was too immersed with her ice cream that she didn’t realize someone came in and sat in front of her.

 

“What are you doing here Chang Min?” Tiffany asks. It’s surprising to see Changmin being in their hometown with his busy schedules. He has a long list of modelling offer and jobs that he refused coming back with her when she asks him to.

 

“I’m just here to visit you. I rejected a lot of offer too. I figured out I need some rest for myself and my family.” Changmin said. If both of them are being compared, Changmin rarely get the chance to come back to Gwangju while Tiffany always chooses not to because she wants to be independent.

 

“How do you know I’m here? Are you stalking me?” Tiffany asks jokingly while smiling sweetly towards him, feeling happy to see him in front of her.

 

“I just arrived Fany, I won’t even know you’re here. I just came here because this seems to be the only thing that remains the same after all these years. Three years and our hometown already feel like a new place to me.” Changmin said smiling to Tiffany.

 

“You came back a lot, how come you didn’t notice the changes?” Tiffany asks considering that compared to Tiffany who just came back after all these years with Changmin who come back every time he is free.

 

“I come back to stay at my house. Tiffany is not here, I don’t have any friends to play with.” Changmin said as a joke even though it’s actually the truth. Every time Changmin comes back home, he only stay at home instead of going out. He come back home because he misses home, why should he go out wasting his time? Besides that his other friends are never home every time he got home. They are working or studying away from their hometown just like Changmin and Tiffany are.

 

“How long are you going to be here? The ‘I’m here to visit you’ is obviously a lie. Mama boy will always be a mama boy.” Tiffany said teasing Changmin.

 

“I’m going to be here for a week. Mom is going on a holiday with dad, their anniversary coming soon, so I’ll be going back to Seoul on the same day they’ll go on their honeymoon. And besides, a mama boy is actually very cute!” Changmin said pouting, and then he teases her for not having any aegyo left in her for her parents.

 

“You always try too hard to be independent but failed to do so because of too much pampering from the others. You keep on trying to show to your parents that you’ve grown up. They see right through you!” Changmin said teasing Tiffany again.

 

“I do show aegyo to my parents.” Tiffany said trying to defend herself and after thinking about it, she shook her head knowing that she don’t have any memories of her doing aegyo to her parents. It’s just so weird of her to do aegyo to her parents.

 

“Tonight Yunho hyung will be staying in Seoul because he has a lot of work, so he kind of send me here to tell you that he won’t be coming home. Why do you guys live like a married couple? It’s not like he can’t call you!” Changmin said feeling shiver all over his body.

 

“Maybe he likes showing his feelings through you to make you shiver like this. Aww how cute!” Tiffany said to Changmin. The thing that Changmin hate hearing from Tiffany is about him being cute. The more he hates it, the more Tiffany does it. She have fun teasing him because he have this cute angry face he makes every time she calls him cute.