The Hitmaker

The Hitmaker & The Newsmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"G-dragon's songs an ALL-KILL!"


"Oppa I love you!"


"BIGBANG THE BEST!"


"G-Dragon the producer the best!"




G-Dragon, The Hitmaker.


That's him.


Bigbang's G-dragon. To his friends, he's Kwon Jiyong.


My Jiyong.


And simply...



Killing me softly with his songs.



--



Even when he was just first seen by the public in the television at the age of thirteen, many had already acknowledged his talents and charisma in rapping. Even some tagged him as a, 'Genius'.



An odious honor that at first he told me he was pleased but at the same time starts to pressure him as times goes by. People expects him to do wonders in the music scene since he's supposed to be a 'genius'.



Okayy, and a genius does not have to come in you naturally, right? They still have this 'sort' of a weakness. And they definitely need something also.



Inspiration.



Yeah, there goes the important element. Inspiration.



And folks, will you be surprise?



I am his inspiration.



--



"Achoo!"



"Noona, are you sick?"



I looked up and smiled at Seungri as I wiped my nose clear. There's a myth that said if you either sneeze or bit your tongue, somebody is thinking deeply or talking about you.



"Gimme a number, Seungri-ah." I asked, wrinkling my nose to ease the itching inside.



Puzzled, Seungri eventually answered, "10."



J



I quickly guessed the alphabet, and there's only one name in my mind that starts with letter J.



Jiyong.



I looked around the studio to look for him when I only see a glimpse of him. He was about to enter inside the studio room but when his eyes landed on mine, he quickly turned around and exited the room instead.



My gaze fell at this.



Yeah, the man behind the hit songs 'Lies',' Last Farewell', 'Haru Haru',' Heartbreaker',' Tonight' etc. is avoiding me. Sigh.



Somebody tapped my shoulder. I looked up and found Youngbae.



"You, okay?"



I nodded at him and resumed reading the part of the song I'm about to record.



But my mind betrayed me. It will always drift back to that scene.



"That brat," I gritted in my Busan language...







"Jagiya, I'm losing it..." a very distressed GD said as I entered his own recording studio inside YGE. He was slumping on his makeshift couch carelessly, and was looking very tired.



I sat beside him and poked his shoulder, trying to show him a bit of my aegyo.



But GD didn't bit as he only turned his back at me and still sulked.



I inwardly sighed as I stared at the unfinished music sheets in front of us. I am staring at them like I am a casting a spell on them.



Jiyong has a lot of things in his sleeves. BigBang's comeback will happen few months from now, and still no songs qualified in President Yang Hyun Suk's taste, being the perfectionist that he is. The album is still basically 'empty' - which screams 'PANIC'. The other members are very disturbed about it too, and GD is their leader and main producer, so more weight is put on him. Then their Japanese Album is just around the corner and GD is needed to do the adjustments and arrangements in the album too. He needs 'songs'. No new songs - all BIGBANG's schedules for the whole year will be jeopardize.



Then there are these new groups being taken care under YGE and are set to debut soon, GD is tasked to write songs for them also, as one of the main composers under YGE. And his second solo album is about to set too after BIGBANG's comeback.



Basicallyy, you have to be a genius to do all of those things - and GD is a genius. Everyone, since he was young, thought so too.



I patted him on the back and went to massage his shoulders, trying to tell him by my touch that I'm just here.



"You can do it, Jiyongie. We can do it." I said, very encouraging. Then I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. "You are G-dragon afterall." I continued, smiling.



GD smiled for awhile but his smile was long gone again as he looked at the music sheets on the table.



"Inspiration is really not just coming." he said, down. "The songs I presented to Hyun Suk-hyung didn't even pass. Saying the songs are just replica of the theme in Tonight or in my Heartbreaker songs. He wants something new and fresh. And I just don't have new inspiration for it...for now."



I bit my lips. Realization kicking in me.



And I am his inspiration. The muse in most of his songs.



I watched him still sulking, and at that very moment...I thought of doing something stupid...



--




On February 29, BIGBANG released its fifth mini-album through various online music sites. Upon its release the album captured the top spots on Melon, Bugs, MNET, Soribada, and other music charts. Each of the newly released tracks, “Bad Boy,” “Love Dust,” “Blue,” “Fantastic Baby,” “Ain’t No Fun,” and “Wings” ranked in the top seven. The strength of BIGBANG was confirmed when even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter