Chapter Four

The Dream

 

The very next day, Yuri tried her best to be healthy for her cousin’s wedding. It took place inside a small chapel, near the hospital. They all put their money together to look dressy for the occasion.

 

In the chapel, there was only the four of them, including a pastor, who had a bible and marriage certificates. Yuri sat on the bench; staring at the altar. Tiffany stood near the altar, as the maid of honor. Dong Wook awaited his bride, who was beginning to walk down the aisle with a small bouquet in her hands.

 

Han Byul was incredibly beautiful on this day, but she was already pretty even before. Yuri looked over her shoulder at the bride then turned to look at Dong Wook. He glanced at her suddenly and she did thumbs up. He smiled at her and looked back at his bride.

 

Yuri smiled at this. She felt terrible for lying to them, the dream, was never a dream… it was just a thought.

 

After the ceremony ended, they walked Yuri to the hospital and to her room where they had cake and celebrated the marriage. Yuri was happy, but weak. She couldn’t care less about dying; all that mattered was the happiness of the people she loved.

 

Finally it was the day of their performance. An hour before the show, everyone gathered at the hospital, where Yuri had stayed.

 

The room was quiet.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to wheelchair you out of here?” Tiffany teased.

 

“No, I don’t want to die in front of millions of people who might just choose your future for you,” Yuri teased back.

 

“You two,” Yuri snapped teasingly at the two newlyweds. The looked straight at her; Yuri laughed, “Cheer her on!”

 

“Yes, will do.” They both answered.

 

“This feels lonely,” Tiffany bragged again.

 

“I’m going to be there, in spirit, don’t worry! Geez, and I’ll be here, cheering you on, on my sick bed.” Yuri was tiresome of her bragging.

 

“I love you,” Tiffany hugged Yuri.

 

“We’re coming back after the performance.” Dong Wook hugged her.

“Be well!” Han Byul hugged her, ending the train of hugs.

 

They waved as they left, Tiffany behind the two.

 

“Tiffany!” Song Mi shouted.

 

Tiffany looked at her, alert.

 

“Do well! Fighting!” Yuri raised her arm.

 

Tiffany bowed her head and left.

 

 

Insa –DBSK plays

 

Yuri looked up at the screen attached to the ceiling.

 

Tiffany, Dong Wook and Han Byul filed into a car that picked them up. They were on their way to the program.

 

Just before they got in, Yuri’s mother caught a glimpse of Tiffany and Dong Wook.

 

“They’re in the car! Your daughter, she’s in there, follow her!” Yuri’s mother shouted to Tiffany’s mother. Tiffany’s parents and Han Byul’s parents quickly went into a cab and followed them.

 

Yuri’s parents stayed behind. Her mother quickly looked at the building they were coming out of. It was a hospital building. Yuri’s parents haste to the other side of the street to the hospital.

 

“Nurse, can you give me some paper, and a pen…” Yuri asked as the nurse checked in on her.

 

“Yes, sure thing,” She replied.

 

Tiffany gotten into the dressing room and quickly prepared herself as Dong Wook and Han Byul waited backstage for her. Tiffany, tried to hold in her tears.

 

“I’ll do my best,” Tiffany smiled. She then went out of her dressing room and went backstage to meet Dong Wook, Han Byul, the producer and the show’s producer.

 

Do you know – someday “Hey, where’s the other girl?” The producer asked.

 

The three of them looked at each other. Tiffany spoke, “She couldn’t make it.” She tried to hold in her tears.

 

“That’s okay; it’s okay, maybe some other time.” The producer clapped his hands together. “okay, this is your shot, go for it,”

 

Tiffany looked at the show’s producer.

 

“You’re up,” He smiled.

 

She walked to the stage where there was a roar of screams and cheers. She looked to the side where Dong Wook and Han Byul stood, they put a thumps up.

 

Tiffany sat on the stool and moved the microphone close to her lips. The audience became quieter.

 

“Hi, I’m Tiffany.” She moved her fingertips across the threads of the guitar. “I would like to dedicate this song for my unni, Yuri,” She said trying to hold in her tears.

 

Tiffany and Han Byul’s parents couldn’t get pass through security, so they sneaked to the doors where the audience members enter. They stood and watched.

 

Tiffany began to sing, then sang along with her acoustic guitar. The audience loved her, they moved their hands in the air, and clapped to the rhythm.

 

Back at the hospital, Yuri’s parents were restricted from seeing Yuri. The nurse said she was not able to get the information out.

 

Yuri received the paper and a pen. She began to write something on them, but she continued to glance up at the TV, watching Tiffany’s live performance.

 

“Thank you,” Tiffany stood up from the stool and bowed. The audience screamed and cried in cheers. Tiffany quickly walked off the stage and went to Dong Wook and Han Byul.

 

“Let’s go,” Dong Wook said.

 

“That was great!” the producer smiled, “where are you going?” He asked curiously.

 

“I have to get somewhere, I’m sorry, Thank you, and call me please.” Tiffany bowed as she ran with Dong Wook and Han Byul.

 

“I saw our parents,” Tiffany said running through the Exit doors.

 

Han Byul and Dong Wook looked at her. They went inside a cab and headed to the hospital.

 

Finally Tiffany and Han Byul’s parents got passed through security; they were escorted to the producer.

 

“They’re asking for Tiffany,” The security exclaimed.

 

The producer eyed them.

 

Yuri was weak and breathing heavily, as she finished scribbling on the papers. Her eyes were closing; she slowly moved her head onto the pillow. Tears started to fill her eyes as she weakly sobbed.

 

On the heart rate monitor the heart rate was dropping, the line was slowly sloping in gaps.

 

Tiffany, Dong Wook, and Han Byul quickly arrived at the hospital, they sped through people. Yuri’s parents saw them and quickly followed.

 

The heart rate monitor was beeping as the heart rate slowed. A doctor and bunch of nurses hailed into the room. Dong Wook quickly ran into the room as soon as he saw the sight. Eun Ri and Hyo Sun followed.

 

~~

 

Hey guys. Can I please get more comments? I'd really appreciate them! :D

It's almost the end!